The Lovers Lab army continues to grow strong!

Hey everybody! With our admin's permission, this thread will exist to announce and mark every member milestone we have from now on (to avoid cluttering the announcements section)!

Well guys, we've finally hit the biggie! 100,000 members and counting! Congratulations!

I'm also glad to announce that our members have also created an astounding 200,000 posts in OVER 9,000 threads! Congrats!

Army?....Army? We're an army now? Oh dear! Does that mean we have to wear a uniform now? I hope it's in a colour that matches my eyes.

Yup! One day we'll conquer all modding elitist bastards and Nexus Nazis and restore peace and prosperity to teh INTERWEBZ!!!!1ONE!

Stil tinkin 'bout teh outfitz tho :P

To the legion of the lost ones, to the cohort of the damned,

To my brethren in their sorrow overseas,

Sings a gentleman of England cleanly bred, machinely crammed,

And a trooper of the Empress, if you please.

Yea, a trooper of the forces who has run his own six horses,

And faith he went the pace and went it blind,

And the world was more than kin while he held the ready tin,

But to-day the Sergeant's something less than kind.

We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,

Baa! Baa! Baa!

We're little black sheep who've gone astray,

Baa—aa—aa!

Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,

Damned from here to Eternity,

God ha' mercy on such as we,

Baa! Yah! Bah!

Oh, it's sweet to sweat through stables, sweet to empty kitchen slops,

And it's sweet to hear the tales the troopers tell,

To dance with blowzy housemaids at the regimental hops

And thrash the cad who says you waltz too well.

Yes, it makes you cock-a-hoop to be "Rider" to your troop,

And branded with a blasted worsted spur,

When you envy, O how keenly, one poor Tommy being cleanly

Who blacks your boots and sometimes calls you "Sir".

If the home we never write to, and the oaths we never keep,

And all we know most distant and most dear,

Across the snoring barrack-room return to break our sleep,

Can you blame us if we soak ourselves in beer?

When the drunken comrade mutters and the great guard-lantern gutters

And the horror of our fall is written plain,

Every secret, self-revealing on the aching white-washed ceiling,

Do you wonder that we drug ourselves from pain?

We have done with Hope and Honour, we are lost to Love and Truth,

We are dropping down the ladder rung by rung,

And the measure of our torment is the measure of our youth.

God help us, for we knew the worst too young!

Our shame is clean repentance for the crime that brought the sentence,

Our pride it is to know no spur of pride,

And the Curse of Reuben holds us till an alien turf enfolds us

And we die, and none can tell Them where we died.

Baa! Baa! Baa!

Baa—aa—aa!

Baa! Yah! Bah!

Rudyard Kipling's poem "Gentlemen-Rankers,"

To the legion of the lost ones' date=' to the cohort of the damned,

To my brethren in their sorrow overseas,

Sings a gentleman of England cleanly bred, machinely crammed,

And a trooper of the Empress, if you please.

Yea, a trooper of the forces who has run his own six horses,

And faith he went the pace and went it blind,

And the world was more than kin while he held the ready tin,

But to-day the Sergeant's something less than kind.

Baa! Baa! Baa!

Baa—aa—aa!

Baa! Yah! Bah!

Oh, it's sweet to sweat through stables, sweet to empty kitchen slops,

And it's sweet to hear the tales the troopers tell,

To dance with blowzy housemaids at the regimental hops

And thrash the cad who says you waltz too well.

Yes, it makes you cock-a-hoop to be "Rider" to your troop,

And branded with a blasted worsted spur,

When you envy, O how keenly, one poor Tommy being cleanly

Who blacks your boots and sometimes calls you "Sir".

If the home we never write to, and the oaths we never keep,

And all we know most distant and most dear,

Across the snoring barrack-room return to break our sleep,

Can you blame us if we soak ourselves in beer?

When the drunken comrade mutters and the great guard-lantern gutters

And the horror of our fall is written plain,

Every secret, self-revealing on the aching white-washed ceiling,

Do you wonder that we drug ourselves from pain?

We have done with Hope and Honour, we are lost to Love and Truth,

We are dropping down the ladder rung by rung,

And the measure of our torment is the measure of our youth.

God help us, for we knew the worst too young!

Our shame is clean repentance for the crime that brought the sentence,

Our pride it is to know no spur of pride,

And the Curse of Reuben holds us till an alien turf enfolds us

And we die, and none can tell Them where we died.

Baa! Baa! Baa!

Baa—aa—aa!

Baa! Yah! Bah!

Rudyard Kipling's poem "Gentlemen-Rankers,"

[/quote']

*claps*

Yes, I have to say this has turned out to be truly amazing.

*pulls out old timer hat*

I was there when Wolflore was good. I was there fer the exodus from Wolflore. It was a painful time, full of uncertainty for the Lovers mods and their translaton, but then came LoversLab. It was small at first, a quiet home for us, but then the momentum began to build. Wolflore. Nexus. Hongfire. /VG/. We had refugees from all these places, and more. At any one time we have over seventy members logged in, and as many guests. It's a marvel to see so many active users.

Kinda makes a Daguy feel small and irrelevant. Still, its fantastic to see how LoversLab has grown.

Yes' date=' I have to say this has turned out to be truly amazing.

I was there when Wolflore was good. I was there fer the exodus from Wolflore. It was a painful time, full of uncertainty for the Lovers mods and their translaton, but then came LoversLab. It was small at first, a quiet home for us, but then the momentum began to build. Wolflore. Nexus. Hongfire. /VG/. We had refugees from all these places, and more. At any one time we have over seventy members logged in, and as many guests. It's a marvel to see so many active users.

Kinda makes a Daguy feel small and irrelevant. Still, its fantastic to see how LoversLab has grown.

[/quote']

The place may grow from people all over, but oneself must remember the mistakes and the things that drove people here and not repeat them.

Yes' date=' I have to say this has turned out to be truly amazing.

[/quote']

You will never be irrelevant in any way Daguy!

Hmph, your jealousy does you no credit. I challenge you to to a manly crying contest! Whoever manages to look the most masculine while crying silent tears of either sorrow, respect, admiration or post-curry-stomachache wins!

Alternatively you are welcome to share in the firm handshakes.

• 2 months later...

The Dictatorship of the Nazus has bred a want for freedom among the modding community, and eventually, most find there way here. I'm glad I did, this place is far more lively and social than that place and I'm not afraid to talk. This modding warrior is glad to be part of the Lover's Lab Legion! May our ranks continue to swell, may our mods continue to be awesome and awe-inspiring, and may our people always know the modding freedom this place has come to represent!

And to the Nexus, I will say this: You started this war on modding, and we're going to win it....without doing a thing to you.

Seriously, they do all the work for us, sending good people and modders they unjustifiably banned to us, making us stroger. one day Nexus will be a memory, a ghost of the past, and we....we will still be here.

VIVA LA LOVERS LAB!

OMG force the nazus to march to an endless pit. This thread reminds me of 300 and the movie that has the epic war cry of "Im a soldier of rome I WILL NOT YIELD!" i forgot what the movie is called.

Centurion. Never saw it, looks good though, will give it a look. As for Nazus...Well I can foresee their fall already. It will come when one of the foul ones banishes CLS form their site for whatever reason. The outcry will be terrible and more bannings will follow. And there I will be in different forms to spread the word of Lovers Lab by word of PM. Now if you will excuse me, I have Nazus trollguard forces to dispose of. *Fades into the shadow Dark Templar style*

Be careful what you wish for.

Consider these points about why the Ban Nazi's over at Nexus are the way they are.

The Nexus is such a huge and well known community that they are constantly under the eye of a corporate interest. For that reason they have to employ people that are willing to be total dicks that stomp on anything that even so much as looks at them funny.

They are such a huge and well known community that they also have to avoid certain cultural taboos, because many people are simply not willing to deal with them and will raise bloody hell and lead a legal, moral and bloody crusade against all that is unrighteous!

They are such a huge and well known community that they inevitabley run into a lot of disruptive members that actually need stomping out. This unfortunately creates a habit of said stomping out that desensitizes thier staff to any cases that might be in question. A lot of members over there (although relatively few with respect to the astronomical number of members) like to press the report button every time they disagree with someone. An unfortunate consequence is that the staff simply do not have the time to consider cases very carefully and sometimes innocents get caught in the crossfire.

Yes there are some staff members over there who are total assholes... and to be honest I can only think of one in particular right now. I really hope that guy gets canned eventually because he is a total douche. But the vast majority of staff members over there are just doing thier god aweful job. And the real reason that Nexus tends to suck sometimes is that it is so very fucking well known and the most popular site for downloading mods.

So again, be careful what you wish for. And be careful what you ask for. If Lover's Lab ever becomes as popular as the Nexus it will have to undergo changes that will sacrafice many of the benefits of having a smaller quieter community.

A lot of cool people who call this place home might start to get thier voices drowned out by torrents of migrating dickwads that no one wants to talk to.

I for one am glad the Nexus is up and running strong.

Fade to darkness templar style? Should it be like Ezio or assasin style lol. Cuz templars are bad guys or its just to much AC games in my head.

It's a reference to Starcraft 2' date=' the Dark Templar cloak themselves in the shadows around them to become permanently invisible. Damn good assassins.

Be careful what you wish for.

Consider these points about why the Ban Nazi's over at Nexus are the way they are.

The Nexus is such a huge and well known community that they are constantly under the eye of a corporate interest. For that reason they have to employ people that are willing to be total dicks that stomp on anything that even so much as looks at them funny.

They are such a huge and well known community that they also have to avoid certain cultural taboos, because many people are simply not willing to deal with them and will raise bloody hell and lead a legal, moral and bloody crusade against all that is unrighteous!

They are such a huge and well known community that they inevitabley run into a lot of disruptive members that actually need stomping out. This unfortunately creates a habit of said stomping out that desensitizes thier staff to any cases that might be in question. A lot of members over there (although relatively few with respect to the astronomical number of members) like to press the report button every time they disagree with someone. An unfortunate consequence is that the staff simply do not have the time to consider cases very carefully and sometimes innocents get caught in the crossfire.

Yes there are some staff members over there who are total assholes... and to be honest I can only think of one in particular right now. I really hope that guy gets canned eventually because he is a total douche. But the vast majority of staff members over there are just doing thier god aweful job. And the real reason that Nexus tends to suck sometimes is that it is so very fucking well known and the most popular site for downloading mods.

So again, be careful what you wish for. And be careful what you ask for. If Lover's Lab ever becomes as popular as the Nexus it will have to undergo changes that will sacrafice many of the benefits of having a smaller quieter community.

A lot of cool people who call this place home might start to get thier voices drowned out by torrents of migrating dickwads that no one wants to talk to.

I for one am glad the Nexus is up and running strong.

*Does Cybermen Impression.* There is...Logic in what you say. Still, as much as I do agree with what you say, the fall of the Nexus is unavoidable, though probably not likely anytime soon. Nothing, sadly, lasts forever. I will take your words into consideration and only direct the nice folks here. Consider me the shepherd of the Lost, directing the innocent to a place they can live in peace with lots of sex :P . Also I think I know who you are talking about, *Cough* Sparkily Ass Vampire Dante. *Cough* ((Oh yeah, I went there.))

Lovers will grow but as the admin and moderators are fair and even handed (not to mention MATURE) then I don't see what difference size makes. Sure there may be a few more a-holes that turn up and dump on stuff, but that is as unavoidable as spam bots. Both will get the rep and/or bans they deserve and life will go on.

This site is fairly specialized so I don't see why it needs or would even want to fill the role of the nexus. There is plenty of room for both for the reasons already mentioned. If the admin and mods on that site were even one hundredth as mature as our GREAT Lovers Lab ones the nexus would still be a fine place. :)

I try to look the other way or "turn the other cheek" so to speak when I see a mostly new member that posts here with a "nexus-like" comment as really, they are too new to THIS community to see how we all interact so its kind of like my grace period for them as I figure they are used to places like nexus and all the crap that comes with them. I honestly see most settle down and adapt the style we are more accustomed to here (dare I say, laid back). The ones that persist normally are singled out quickly by the moderator team or the admin pretty quickly.

I'm glad to see this great community growing and like Greg said, there will always be bad apples that make their way here and refuse to drop the nexus type attitude but they won't last long here so its not even something to bat your eyelashes at.