I have the same problem but don't have this mod loaded at all so it's a bug in the base Skyrim code and not with this mod.  And no, I have not found any way to fix it yet.

I presume you're right, as exaclty the same thing happened to me yesterday when I tried the famous "Crime and Punishment" mod. I desinstalled it and all worked fine again (I mean, the classic game, not "Rough times " mod, as I didn't tried it yet.).

Gotta see, really good stuff you're working on here. But could i suggest compatibility with quite an immersive mod?

Higher Bounties for Crimes

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11862

Its a good mod, and i am quite hesitant to remove it since one murder would result in execution. Hopefull you consider it. But nonetheless, you've got some good stuff going on here ;). Cheers mate/.

I set the 10,000 gold execution limit with the increased bounty mod in mind. With default bounties, you'd have to murder like 10 people to hit that limit IIRC. Those increased bounty mods are meant to make crime more punitive to the player. I'm merely following that mold.

I like the idea of one murder leading to an execution, at least for the time being. If you decide to kill someone, expect real consequences for your crimes. That said, later implementation will likely have me come up with some other way to "pay off" (extremely punitively, mind you) your murder debt. My one change I'm considering implementing right now is if you have a 10,000+ gold bounty and you resist arrest, you'll be put into the bandit faction. At least this will give you something to do if you continue to play that Savegame.

TL;DR: the 10,000 gold execution isn't going anywhere for the time being. And I'm not shying away from breaking the story of Skyrim if the player chooses to. I miss that about Morrowind.

Any chance having to really serve out the sentence, rather than just vanilla 'sleep warping' out of the prison? 

Yes. But I'm still kicking ideas around in my head on how I'm going to accomplish this. In the mean time, I'm cleaning up the system I've already implemented. Right now, the only way I can think to accomplish this is to create one jail for all holds (I figure, even with a Civil War, the Sons might still give violent criminals to the Imps for punishment), sans Cidhna Mine, that I'll have to design from scratch.

TL;DR: the 10,000 gold execution isn't going anywhere for the time being. And I'm not shying away from breaking the story of Skyrim if the player chooses to. I miss that about Morrowind.

thanks, same here. its just taking a lot from the immersion if you know that you can pay every guard off, no matter if you killed the emperor, his cousin, half the city and their cats.. which just ´feels videogamey´  (Chasey Quote) and cheapish implemented in the overall context. 

had high hopes towards the justice system in skyrim when you started off being led to an execution block, but it was a letdown. 

so far no mod really cared about that, so theres definitely huge potential especially if done in an immersive way (just look how well Frostfall occupied a ´niche´)

i couldn't talk to anyone when i served the sentence so i used a barrel to get the cuffs off (was lying down and cba to open the console). but breaking out worked fine, first person i asked removed them

The barrel thing (or dumping the bonds off in any container) is a bug I'm working on which is being a pain. Namely, even force equipping an item (Eg: equipitem <UD> 1) won't stop a player from moving said equip into a container, thus removing it. So, my options are to either create a script that says "Onunequipped > don't unequip/reequip the item" or make the bonds a quest item. Neither option is cooperating with me right now and it's pushing back any updated release because it's breaking the core of the mod.

I'll figure it out somehow. But it's annoying that only aliases can be marked as quest items.

As for the dialog issue, the only thing I can recommend is saving your game then reloading it as sometimes dialog can get buggy. That said, I only had your issue before I ran TSEdit on this mod. I don't know why the dialog isn't working when you serve your sentence as civilians don't care about anything other than if you have the items equipped.

As for the dialog issue, the only thing I can recommend is saving your game then reloading it as sometimes dialog can get buggy. That said, I only had your issue before I ran TSEdit on this mod. I don't know why the dialog isn't working when you serve your sentence as civilians don't care about anything other than if you have the items equipped.

That's the worst part of modding for this game. It's shock full of little annoying bugs like that. You can get stuck for days with no indication what you did wrong, and eventually it turns out that you ran into some quirky exception in how the game handles this or that feature.

Oh, by the way, awesome mod! It'll be really nice to see where you take it.

That's the worst part of modding for this game. It's shock full of little annoying bugs like that. You can get stuck for days with no indication what you did wrong, and eventually it turns out that you ran into some quirky exception in how the game handles this or that feature.

Oh, by the way, awesome mod! It'll be really nice to see where you take it.

Thanks. Yea, dialog in this game is just buggy in general. I've noticed this especially with guards.

Check how jbezorg did the items in the Sanguine's Debauchery mod to make them quest items (the Labia Rings and Anal Egg), hopefully you'll find what you need there.

I know what I need to do, but I was hoping to not have to do it for some time later in the life of this mod because I wanted the core of this mod to stay simple (and compatible) with future works like Crime and Punishment (if it ever gets taken up again) and Xaz's Prison Overhaul.

As it stands now, being arrest is going to have to start a quest if I want to get around this bug. Which means I might as well go ahead and get started on the actual prison content, which was going to be a part of that anyway.

I may go ahead and release my cleaned up dialog branches and execution chamber first, because the next update might be a while.

Guest Plastrader

@CaptainChaos

To prevent someone to remove items without flagging it as an quest item:

EquipItem_-_Actor

MyPrisoner.EquipItem(BoundAndGags, true, true)

(Equip said item, prevents removal and equips silently)

It should work.

@CaptainChaos

To prevent someone to remove items without flagging it as an quest item:

EquipItem_-_Actor

MyPrisoner.EquipItem(BoundAndGags, true, true)

(Equip said item, prevents removal and equips silently)

It should work.

That will stop the actor from unequipping the item. However, that will not stop said actor from moving the item into another container (thus unequipping it in the process). This is either a bug or an oversight by Beth. Likely more of an oversight as any instance where this could be an issue (that I've found), the item is a quest item, unable to be removed from the actor's inventory.

Guest Plastrader

That will stop the actor from unequipping the item. However, that will not stop said actor from moving the item into another container (thus unequipping it in the process). This is either a bug or an oversight by Beth. Likely more of an oversight as any instance where this could be an issue (that I've found), the item is a quest item, unable to be removed from the actor's inventory.

Oh I see.

My bad.

Beth sound like a npc name, she should be bound to one of those poles...

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted a small update V1.1. I'm debating whether or not to continue with this mod considering Xaz's progress on his Prison Overhaul and instead stating work on another project that will serve to showcase a lot of the works in ZAZ animation. Anyways, time is short right now due to real life issues, but I'll hope to get a jump start on the new mod soon.

I've posted a small update V1.1. I'm debating whether or not to continue with this mod considering Xaz's progress on his Prison Overhaul and instead stating work on another project that will serve to showcase a lot of the works in ZAZ animation. Anyways, time is short right now due to real life issues, but I'll hope to get a jump start on the new mod soon.

Wouldn't it be better to collaborate with xaz's prison overhaul? I mean you could set up the executions while he tidies up the mods bugs, and escape mechanics etc. You got some real good stuff here and it'd be going to waste.

Sounds like a cool idea, but as other have said, it'd be a shame if you discontinued this mod. There's a log of cool ideas that you've implemented and are working on.

A high security prison is an awesome idea for instance, and one you could use to showcase a lot of Zaz stuff. ;)

Sounds like a cool idea, but as other have said, it'd be a shame if you discontinued this mod. There's a log of cool ideas that you've implemented and are working on.

A high security prison is an awesome idea for instance, and one you could use to showcase a lot of Zaz stuff. ;)

Actually it wouldn't be bad for the both of you to work together... That custom prison sounds nice... Hell xaz could do the standard prisons while you could make custom prisons based on the factions that don't have any atm...

That high security prison idea sounded so lovely seeing there is no imperial prison or anything so far in Skyrim that I know off...

Anyway you decide what you do but I think your idea could be put into xaz and together :P

http://pds27.egloos.com/pds/201302/21/61/e0077961_51261cc359f5e.jpg

PC in air , and lopping guard dialog, 

sometime no go to prison dialog 

this mod work with xaz? prison overhaul ??

In my case it still teleported while I like xaz moving me... Regretfully they don't work together... I think they should share scripts... But what this mod does will be implemented in Xaz sometimes due to both of em being good mods...

That's why I actually hope he'll merge it with xaz

And start on that whatever fun place he has in mind... As long as you can let your own char run into the same things as the victims there

Well, I suppose there's no point in ditching the work done on Rough Times, but I've got to get started on a prison anyways, so I may as well expand on the original mod and go from there.

Actually it wouldn't be bad for the both of you to work together... That custom prison sounds nice... Hell xaz could do the standard prisons while you could make custom prisons based on the factions that don't have any atm...

That high security prison idea sounded so lovely seeing there is no imperial prison or anything so far in Skyrim that I know off...

Anyway you decide what you do but I think your idea could be put into xaz and together :P

Well, a prison/slave storage area is what I'm about to start work on. Since it needs to be made and would function as either, I can just go in the direction I want from there or do both considering all I'd have to do is copy/paste and populate with the needed PCs. Still not something I've done before, so it's going to take some time.

Your Screenshot seems to suggest you don't have the ZAZ animation pack installed correctly. The looping dialog may be an issue with Prison Overhaul, but I haven't had issues with them running rogether (Overhaul just supercedes Rough Times). You might try loading a game with Rough Times enable, qucksaving, then quickloading. That animation is the "bad end" of the 1.0 release, now replaced with more tropical solution.

Well, I suppose there's no point in ditching the work done on Rough Times, but I've got to get started on a prison anyways, so I may as well expand on the original mod and go from there.

Well, a prison/slave storage area is what I'm about to start work on. Since it needs to be made and would function as either, I can just go in the direction I want from there or do both considering all I'd have to do is copy/paste and populate with the needed PCs. Still not something I've done before, so it's going to take some time.

Your Screenshot seems to suggest you don't have the ZAZ animation pack installed correctly. The looping dialog may be an issue with Prison Overhaul, but I haven't had issues with them running rogether (Overhaul just supercedes Rough Times). You might try loading a game with Rough Times enable, qucksaving, then quickloading. That animation is the "bad end" of the 1.0 release, now replaced with more tropical solution.

I'll be watching that little dungeon :P

Fantastic. I somehow managed to overwrite my 1.1 esp and upload some kind of broken 1.1. I'm pulling the the new version, until I figure out exactly what happened.

Check the backup files created by the CK, you may find your good one or close to it there.

The ESP was fine, but like a dumbass, I managed to somehow overwrite the old scripts with the same old versions. I have since taken the time to rename the scripts to something more manageable and actually include them this time. So, free version bump.

The execution chamber can be buggy FYI. It's mainly a placeholder anyway.