CTD when using skirt bones?

wilsonjj

hello people,

I am currently working on an armor with blessed UNP skin and skeleton,

I know I should've used vanilla skeleton, but its too late to do so now,

anyway..this is the situation I have come across,

I am trying to use the skirt bone in the skeleton to let my skirt/robe (well..it's a robe from the waist), so it would float more realistically in the game rather skin warped on to the body and move with the legs

but i've found out when I skinned with the skirt bone, my game would CTD,

wonder anyone who made custom armor ever came crossed this?

oh..it CTD when the game's almost loaded up when i load a save game or create that armor

Do not use the same mesh for your 1stperson mesh. If your mesh uses any bones the 1stperson skeleton doesn't have, then you'll crash.

I'm not sure how well you expect a robe to animate. Haven't seen any walk animations that changes skirt bone movement, so front and back skirt bones sway left to right, and left-right bones sway front and back. If it's painted to to all skirt bones, then it'll probably wobble when you walk, so you'll still need good amount of thigh and calf weight.

Skirt bones are animated pretty well for most attack animations, moving with a weapon drawn, and I think normal run animations.

Do not use the same mesh for your 1stperson mesh. If your mesh uses any bones the 1stperson skeleton doesn't have' date=' then you'll crash.

I'm not sure how well you expect a robe to animate. Haven't seen any walk animations that changes skirt bone movement, so front and back skirt bones sway left to right, and left-right bones sway front and back. If it's painted to to all skirt bones, then it'll probably wobble when you walk, so you'll still need good amount of thigh and calf weight.

Skirt bones are animated pretty well for most attack animations, moving with a weapon drawn, and I think normal run animations.

[/quote']

thanks for the reply endiness

I am not a home yet, but just to make sure what you ment above,

are you saying don't use the vanilla 1st person mesh, because it doesnt have the bones that 3rd person skeleton has? anyway..I think I should try it on a new piece of custom armor instead this armor I am currently working with :/

*update2*

:( never mind about the post above,

the problem is still there, wonder what is conflicting the game

now I am getting CTD when going into 1st person view.

before _1stpersonview skeleton was replaced it CTD when the game is loading the saved game

No reason to replace your 1stperson skeleton, as that will only break things.

In the CK under armor addon, what mesh do you use for 1st person?

nn.png

Any mesh you use for 1st person can't have weighting to any bones your 1st person skeleton doesn't have.

*SOLVED!

*AAAhhhhhh, stupidddd me! *faceplum*

thank you Endiness once again!!

I totally forgot the armor I am testing with are also a custom build by other players online, which were made from different *.nif bodys/skeletons +.+

anyway..I've made a standalone *.esp for my armor now, and its working once again, now I can finally do some proper weight painting *sign* after 3 days free time trying to find where the problem is, and you only took seconds to resolve my problem *.*!

Archived