Help please! - Changing transparency of nomals in Gimp

Tarath

Hey guys, i need some help regarding changing the transparency of some normals of hairs.

Many of the converted hairs has a very strong normal map, causing it to look really strange (blueish hue in game). I was wondering if anyone knew the steps undertaken here, since it fixed the weird colour. (I asked mortenhoward, but he seems to be busy)

?6yc8rqj8zqwy55o#

If anyone knew how you change the transparencies from the left image to the right image in Gimp, please help a newb out, some steps or a tutorial would be great :).

Thanks!

Well... If you want to make it completely invisible' date=' I assume the way to do it would to be to select it via freeform / rectancle / circular select, then just hit delete. That's how I do my textures.

Sorry I'm not all that helpful :s

[/quote']

Ah, i tried doing that but it still kinda remained the same :/. Thanks a bunch for help nonetheless, :).

I don't know if this will help, since I know little about textures, but before I turn the diffuse map into a normal map, I select the option 'Color to Alpha' and it will make it semi-transparent. Then I go and make it into a normal map. The color does not change, but the normal map comes out a bit strong. You can adjust the color of the diffuse map and that will change the color in game, but as I said I know little about this stuff.

Here has a method I used for some armors, but it does not come out right for hair. Just go down to 'Add a UV map' and it explains how to make a normal map after that.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_1#Add_a_UV_map

Normal maps have no effect on diffuse color. Maybe check if emissive color is blue in nifskope.

Hmm... Well, i dont think thats the issue. Mortenhoward took a look at the hairs and said it was a problem with the normal map. Said it was too strong and gave me the reworked normals. It looked perfect in game after that (no blueish hue). Unfortunately i think Morten is a bit busy now and i dont want to bother him any further. I just need to know how it was done so i can do it for the other textures and just release the pack onto LL :s.

Archived