Modded armor graphical glitches

MrBojingo

I'm getting some really irritating glitches with some armor lately. And they're all modded armor. They worked fine for a while, then out of the blue, they started glitching. Like spikes popping out of the body. Covering most of my screen. I cant see what i'm doing with these graphical glitches and have to remove the armor. And i liked these armors. And when an NPC had the armor on, being the center of the glitch, i had to walk around blind trying to find the NPC (due to the graphical glitch covering the screen, and forcing them to unequip the armor and steal it from them via pickpocket. Lately, i edited a couple armor meshes which caused the same issue. I never used to have these graphical glitches when editing armor meshes, but for some odd reason, i am now.

Can anyone help me out?

Screenshots below: (Kinda ironic with the name of the armor)

post-117904-13597882791193_thumb.jpg

post-117904-13597882792027_thumb.jpg

That glitch is produced when there are differences between the _0.nif and _1.nif files, and the char weight is somewhere in the middle.

Open the two files in Nifskope and compare the meshes. Check there are in the same order, and they have the same vertex count (NiTriShapeData nodes, Num Vertices).

ya, i figured out what the problem was. Someone told me in the nexus forums that it was a weight issue. I changed my weight back to 100 and problem got fixed. Hmm... if i edited the _0.nif file to match the _1.nif file, would the random NPC's with the same armor be fixed? or do i have to adjust the vertex count on both of them?

And i'm still a newbie with Nifskope. What do you mean by Same order?

Do i have to make sure the _0.nif and _1.nif is identical in everything?

Edit: Btw, I only had the _1.nif clipped and not the _0.nif. That would cause the problems with NPCs wearing the armor to fail right? because someone else said that NPCs have different weight. Would clipping the _0.nif file the exact same way i clipped the 1.nif fix it so that any npc that wears the armor wont glitch?

What do you mean by Same order?
For example file _0 has two meshes, 1st body, 2nd cuirass. File _1 must have those two meshes in the same order: 1st body, 2nd cuirass.

Do i have to make sure the _0.nif and _1.nif is identical in everything?
Yes. The two files should have the same filesize. Do the same modifications on each file

Edit: Btw, I only had the _1.nif clipped and not the _0.nif. That would cause the problems with NPCs wearing the armor to fail right? because someone else said that NPCs have different weight. Would clipping the _0.nif file the exact same way i clipped the 1.nif fix it so that any npc that wears the armor wont glitch?

Yes. The game uses the _0 file for 0% weight and the _1 file for 100% weight. The inbetween weights are calculated from the _0 and _1 files. If the files don't match, glitches

The easiest way to do this is :

Delete your _0 file.

Copy your _1 file to the same directory ( so you should have YOURARMOR_1 and YOURARMOR_1 - copy )

Rename your copy to _0 ( so now your YOURARMOR_1 - copy is YOURAMROR_0 )

This will make sure your vertices are the exact same and there will be no issues with the weight slider setting.

NOTE: Your armor is NOT weight slider compatible and will look the same reagrdless if you are at 0 weight, 50 weight, or 100 weight, etc.

GL!

ok, thanx, that pretty much sums up what i needed to know.

Another question, is it possible to adjust an armor in nifskope so that it'll be compatible with CBBE? And if so, how?

I have a piece of armor that i dont think is compatible with CBBE. Unfortunately, i dont know what body type its compatible with, because the website didnt say.

Edit: Ya, double checked the website, and there's no mention of what body type the armor is for.

And now i'm getting another graphical glitch. I've been getting a small graphical glitch with my character with select modded armors for the longest time, however, its been so small, it never bothered me during gameplay. However, since i'm preparing to start a new game, i might as well have a 'mod doctor' take a look at the symptoms.

I took multiple screenshots of one of the armors in question (all of the armors with the glitch do the same thing, so 1 armor will suffice). I duplicated the armor twice, cut out the top on the first duplicate and cut out the bottom on the 2nd duplicate. As you can see with the screenshots, the graphical glitch is in the skin around the waist area. On the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th image. For some reason, the glitch is gone when i equipped the 'Bottom' that i edited, but the topless one that came with it, is glitching too. Looks to me like it has something to do with the pushup boob effects and i dont know how to fix it.

post-117904-13597883031498_thumb.jpg

Archived