I think I've fixed that pic PT.

By the way, it seems I should move this file to the download section asap, figuring from the site announcement.

-----

Gah, just realized that I had deleted very... important txt file in my hdd that contains convenient tweaking informations like resizing/ translating factors... a bit of an oops, that. Really regretful that I thought I'd never work on this again..

Ack! An incredible assortment of material! Many of them are among my favourite hairstyles ever.

I especially like the variation in different styles. Like 'Braided Redguard' and those Newsea and Peggy hairs. Very tastefully selected!

The classic scaling factors that work in most cases are 1.17, 1.17, 1.08. But hair oftentimes need some moving along the z-axis afterwards.

Ack! An incredible assortment of material! Many of them are among my favourite hairstyles ever.

I especially like the variation in different styles. Like 'Braided Redguard' and those Newsea and Peggy hairs. Very tastefully selected!

The classic scaling factors that work in most cases are 1.17, 1.17, 1.08. But hair oftentimes need some moving along the z-axis afterwards.

I got your pm thanks. but z axis 1.08 isn't consistent with my memory.. are lop eared elves' heads flat?

Awesome wigs and ears.  Thanks so much!

Huh.. I.. think I love your sig.. very much!

I had found the z scaling factor of 1.08 on a Japanese blog about x117 races (defunct by now) a long time ago.

It makes a slight difference to simply using 1.17 for all three axes. A tiny bit less vertical distortion is applied to a hairstyle with this factor.

That's why I always used the 'Scale Vertices' function in NifSkope when I experimented with x117 hairs and headgear. This allows using individual scaling parameters for each axis instead of applying one global scaling factor at the bottom of the transformation dialogue window.

A good news, maybe. Looks like I haven't completely forgotten everything yet. The work is going smoothly. This time I really need to write a tutorial before I really forget everything.. Enough procrastination!

Also I think animated ears.. dunno what to call it. flipping lop ear? Anyway, flipping ears might be cute. Now that I do know newer version LE elves has this feature (tri morph so I need to animate them myself) does anyone heard of or owns animated beast ears?

Let me put it like this: "Indeed the bestest fucking x117 wig mod in da world!!1"

Plenty of varied and pretty hairstyles to choose from - and wonderfully creative colours, with awesome two-tone and rainbow stripe wigs.

To show my appreciation I made a group shot featuring some of my favourite hairs:

CityLifeGroup.jpg

Back to using 'Photobucket' again for the time being now that 'Imgius' has died.

Well, if you absolutely want to make it the title image for the mod, please go ahead. I'd feel honoured and very happy.

But I find the current more neutral 'catalogue' pictures allow a good look at the colours and styles included, so there's not really a need to change anything about the download page. This is not the Nesux after all where a 'flashy' presentation sometimes takes precedence over substance and content.

It's the mod and its wigs that count the most.

In that regard on my picture the wigs slightly take a backseat in favour of featuring those characters in their various colourful clothes and armors.

It is also intended to be a WIP promotion shot for these NPCs, showing their personalized gear for the first time.

Well, already changed. :D I don't play oblivion for now, screenshooting is somewhat tough work for me. Forgot lots of things and will need some time to sort myself up. I'm still trying to figure out what I was doing before I became inactive, many of my unfinished works in hard drive are confusing. So, thans a lot for the shot.

-

and I think 'City life' promotion shot should use its included gears I guess. Especially if they are supposed to wear headgears.. like the foremost girl in the pic? (although wigs and headgears can be equipped together..)

You are certainly right about that. It might be confusing to show something on a picture which isn't actually part of the mod, that's why I mentioned the characters are having different hairstyles when I posted the image as a WIP shot in that other thread.

Main idea behind this group picture as a presentation shot for your wigs was using a bunch of different x117 characters than my usual gang of main actors. The 'City Life' folks came in handy since they are sporting nice outfits that suit the wigs. I could also have chosen 'Duke City' NPCs to match this location.

But the outfits of those aren't half as pretty and I like the contrast of the mostly Fantasy-styled clothes and armors with the modern-day backdrop.

Though it's true MissyN ('Nya The Witch') could have worn her hat together with the wig, the hairstyle wouldn't have been as visible. And the girl would have lost her ears. Did you notice? The original Rikku variant would have been a much better match regarding the colours. But for some reason I chose this recoloured variant instead...

• 3 months later...

Not in the sense of a master file dependency, the mod only requires Oblivion.esm. To make use of the wigs however an x117-sized race is required.

For normal-sized or Movomo's x110-sized races the wigs from this mod will be too large and hover above a character's head.

Any x117 race will do, either from MBP, XEO or some other standalone race mod.

Dunno. x117 heads were the main purpose when I was working on this. Head06 was none of my concern.

By the way, unless you were talking about some kind of head06 x117 races, tera wigs are quite big. so if you resize them to regular size using Nifskope they may fit to head06. worth a shot.

• 1 year later...

Uploaded a new version: x110 v3

Fixed many of the shitty x110 wigs. Not x117, because x110 versions can easily be adjusted to fit x117 head.

I've been too lazy to do something about this mod, but I finally did it anyway. Now, most of them should look fine without any transparency conflict.