Pose Converter - 0.89.i (10/30/2014)

Are you asking if Pose Converter has a feature that will copy keyframes from, say, the left arm bone to the right arm bone?

At the moment, no. But most of the difficult modules that would be required to make that work have already been added, so It should be possible to do something like that. I'll look into it.

It should be possible.

The first question...are you able to import those animations into Blender? If so, was Pose Converter able to convert the dances to the armature that you are using?

Note: Loc transforms do not currently convert properly in the 0.73 version, but have been fixed in the soon to be released 0.74 version.

• 6 months later...

How do I use this to convert an Oblivion body to Fallout?

after a day trying to understand how to use correctly how to use 'pose mod' and body conversion

for me it is too late   but i have found this tutorial      damned could make me life easier

thanks to Gerra6  'pose converter'  it can convert to any bethesda game  and to fallout

here :http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16198-porting-meshes-from-skyrim-to-oblivion-using-blender/

I'm back from a long absence.

Any fresh feedback, bugs, requests related to Pose Converter?

Welcome back Gerra :) , I did have a small request for a bug-fix in relation to loverspk animations (the issue where the hands are distorted during animation conversion, I think you were trying to fix it along with Greg when you were last here.

Pose Converter 0.76 Beta

OK, here's the most recent beta for Pose Converter.

Please try out the update and let me know if you have any questions or encounter any issues.  If all goes well, I'll update the front page with this version.

Features:
1. Automatically copy whole or partial animations from one skeleton to another.  This allows you to quickly and easily merge, modify, port, and update your animations.
1.a. Automated compensation for differences in bone bind orientation: This radically simplifies the process of porting animations from one armature to another.
1.b. Automatically convert animations between different creature types, or between creatures and humans.
1.c. Automatically convert animations between different games...if you can import it into Blender, you can convert it.
2. 1-Click button to freely convert Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion meshes between Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion bind positions
3. Automatic BB generation has been improved. The X, Y, and Z orientation are no longer relative to the bind position of the bones. This means that it is much easier to get consistent results from the settings.
4. Modify the magnitude of any movement, rotation, or scale animations, by bone and frame.
5. Set bone priorities to all bones in an animation
6. Automatically add B4 (BBB) Breast animation to Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion Animations
7. Automatically add B4 (BB) Buttock animation to Skyrim and Oblivion Animations
8. Automatically add B4 (BBB) style motion to any bone on any armature
9. Rotate Oblivion animations (movement and/or direction) - Fixes the 90 degree import bug and simplifies the creation of left, right, forwards, backwards animation groups.
10. Automatically update Anim text keys for Oblivion animations
11. Automatically add facial expressions to Oblivion animations
12. Automatically repair breast scaling distortion when using Growlf's controllable skeleton.
12.a. Improved repair of breast scaling distortion. Requires Lovers Animation Workshop Skeleton Mark II

Cummulative Change Log from .073 to 0.76

Changes from Pose Converter .074G to 0.76

1. Added new tool called 'Generate Interpolation Frames'

This is an experimental algorithm that attempts to generate smooth rotation keyframes between the selected frames.  This should greatly simplify the process of combining or merging keyframes from different animations (i.e. converting LoversPK animations to Sexout animations)

2. Increased the options for BB animations for Fallout skeletons

3. Fixed a bug in the rotation tool

4. Made a number of other tweaks and relatively minor bugfixes here and there.

Changes from .074f to 0.74g

1. BB Animation control has been improved in several ways.

BB Animations are now controlled entirely via world-space coordinates, rather than bonespace coordinates.  What this means, is that if you adjust, for example, the Z axis on the BB animation generator, it will modify the Z axis relative to the Blender scene (the view that you get when you hit the numpad End button)  

In the case of movement and scale, this is nice and straightforward...increase the Z amplitude, and the bone will move further up and down per bounce.

In the case of rotations, the axis determines the axis of rotation. X axis rotates on the Y/Z plane, Y axis rotates on the X/Z plane, and Z axis rotates on the X/Y plane.

BB motion now uses cosine rather than sine.  Since Cos(0) is 1 (maximum bounce), this should make it easier to more accurately select the proper frame offset to place the max bounce exactly where you want it.

Please let me know if this adjustment makes things easier...or tougher.

2. Rotate Pose has been repaired.  You can now rotate the orientation and/or movement of the Bip01 and/or Bip01 Non-Accum bones by an arbitrary angle.

3. Several modules had been returning a 'testList' not found error message.  This has been resolved.

The included Anim_BB_test file shows off some of the new animation possibilities with the adjusted BB animation system.  I've also included the settings files for these two animations, BBBreastBreast_Test and BBButtockButtockTest in the download package.

Changes from 0.74 Dev to 0.74.F Dev

1. BB Animation control has been improved in several ways.

BB Animations are now controlled entirely via world-space coordinates, rather than bonespace coordinates.  What this means, is that if you adjust, for example, the Z axis on the BB animation generator, it will modify the Z axis relative to the Blender scene (the view that you get when you hit the numpad End button)  

In the case of movement and scale, this is nice and straightforward...increase the Z amplitude, and the bone will move further up and down per cycle.

In the case of rotations, the axis determines the axis of rotation. X axis rotates on the Y/Z plane, Y axis rotates on the X/Z plane, and Z axis rotates on the X/Y plane.

BB motion now uses cosine rather than sine.  Since Cos(0) is 1 (maximum bounce), this should make it easier to more accurately select the proper frame offset to place the max bounce exactly where you want it.

Please let me know if this adjustment makes things easier...or tougher.

2. Rotate Pose has been repaired.  You can now rotate the orientation and/or movement of the Bip01 and/or Bip01 Non-Accum bones by an arbitrary angle.

3. Several modules had been returning a 'testList' not found error message.  This has been resolved.

The included Anim_BB_test file shows off some of the new animation possibilities with the adjusted BB animation system.  I've also included the settings files for these two animations, BBBreastBreast_Test and BBButtockButtockTest in the download package.

Changes from 0.73 to 0.74 Dev:

1. Loc keyframes no longer cause distortions when converting animations between armatures. This should streamline the process of porting animations between armatures, as well as significantly improve the quality of ported animations.

pose_converter_76.7z

I'll take a look. The Oblivion to Skyrim and Fallout to Skyrim pose conversions are probably a work in progress at this point (or were six months ago...I'm restarting development so it may take some time before I really start updating the code). I'll see about modifying the transforms of the hand bones to see if I can get it to generate better results.

1. Loc keyframes no longer cause distortions when converting animations between armatures. This should streamline the process of porting animations between armatures, as well as significantly improve the quality of ported animations.

I am a bit confused by this line ?? are you saying there is a different way to animate then using I LocRot ?? Good to have you have back btw.

Are you also taking scripting request ?? if so is there way you can take a look at speeding up bake constrain script ?? This is the only thing that putting me off off creating bigger animation in blender and the bake constrain can take hours to complete. I am currently using a faster bake constrain script from dead ringer, witch works really well but is not functioning that great when you setup a animation rig. There can still be error's popping up.

Vanilla blender bake constrain script works currently really slow. in blender 2.49b but if you use higher version of blender like 2,6 or 2.7 bake constrain seem to work really fast.

I am a bit confused by this line ?? are you saying there is a different way to animate then using I LocRot ?? Good to have you have back btw.

Nope. It's strictly a bugfix from earlier versions of Pose converter. Basically, if you're converting animations from one armature to another (say, oblivion to skyrim), differences in the bind positions of comparable bones between armatures cause huge distortions in the resulting animation.

0.73 corrected these problems for differences in the base rot and scale of the bone, but the loc correction didn't work right. It *should* work properly now.

Are you also taking scripting request ?? if so is there way you can take a look at speeding up bake constrain script ?? This is the only thing that putting me off off creating bigger animation in blender and the bake constrain can take hours to complete. I am currently using a faster bake constrain script from dead ringer, witch works really well but is not functioning that great when you setup a animation rig. There can still be error's popping up.

No idea. I really don't know anything about how that system operates or what it does.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still getting twisted hands when I try to convert animations from fallout to oblivion with the latest version. Is there an easy way round this bug?

Easy? Hmm. No idea. Probably not.

The problem seems to be that the hands on the Fallout and Oblivion skeletons are very different, with different numbers of bones. When Pose Converter searches for matching bones, it compares the bone names and looks for close matches. For most bones, this works fairly well.

With hands, however, sometimes the best matching bone may not be the one with the closest name.

Try different matches on the menu that pairs the bones between armatures. With some bones and some animations, it is easier to just de-select problem bones and animate them by hand after Pose Converter converts the rest of the animation. Try out different combinations and let me know what you find.

How hard would it be to add a button to force the converter to ignore hands and fingers?  Animating them by hand, while tedious, is MUCH faster (and easier) than sorting out the tangled mess that currently happens.

Folks can clearly do it themselves but if it is not too much work on your part, it would likely be a valuable addon for folks.  If it is complicated then just tell me to shut up.   :P

• 1 month later...

Is there any convert pose to fallout?

What do i do if i want lets say oblivion mesh or skyrim mesh to fallout?

EDIT :

Result of not knowing how to convert Oblivion Mesh to Fallout

post-8123-0-36130700-1384345093_thumb.jpg

LOL its cause the oblivion default bodies arm position is in TPose.

Anyone have any ideas to make the Tpose oblivion meshes to be like the ones from Fallout?

Thanks again

Pose Converter *should* be able to convert the Oblivion pose to the Fallout pose.

It's been awhile since I've actually done it, but after you import the mesh into Blender, delete the partial armature that came with it.  Next, select the mesh(es) and import the skeleton from your Oblivion data folder with 'import skeleton and parent selected' (phrasing might be a bit off) checked.

At that point, any animations made to the newly imported skeleton should animate the mesh.  Run pose converter on the imported skeleton and convert it from the Oblivion pose to the Fallout pose.  Once it is in the correct pose, click 'make real' on the armature (I think).

Once that's done, you'll need to delete the oblivion skeleton, import a fallout mesh, copy the weightpainting from the Fallout mesh to the Oblivion mesh, delete the fallout mesh and armature, and import and parent a fallout skeleton to the oblivion mesh.

Disclaimer...it's been a long time since I've modded anything.  My instructions may be wrong/outdated.

Pose Converter *should* be able to convert the Oblivion pose to the Fallout pose.

It's been awhile since I've actually done it, but after you import the mesh into Blender, delete the partial armature that came with it.  Next, select the mesh(es) and import the skeleton from your Oblivion data folder with 'import skeleton and parent selected' (phrasing might be a bit off) checked.

At that point, any animations made to the newly imported skeleton should animate the mesh.  Run pose converter on the imported skeleton and convert it from the Oblivion pose to the Fallout pose.  Once it is in the correct pose, click 'make real' on the armature (I think).

Once that's done, you'll need to delete the oblivion skeleton, import a fallout mesh, copy the weightpainting from the Fallout mesh to the Oblivion mesh, delete the fallout mesh and armature, and import and parent a fallout skeleton to the oblivion mesh.

Disclaimer...it's been a long time since I've modded anything.  My instructions may be wrong/outdated.

But there is no convert to fallout pose, only convert pose to skyrim or oblivion.  :-/

Ah.  I think I understand.

Pose Converter automatically detects the type of mesh by the bone names.  If the mesh was boneweight painted for Fallout before the pose was converted (generally a bad idea because the arm weights will probably not get copied correctly unless the poses match), the Pose Converter will detect the mesh as a Fallout style mesh and give the option to convert it to either Oblivion or Skyrim poses.

Once I get back into coding, I'll add an option to view all available conversions.

Sort of.  I'm just poking my head in.

Slowly getting my head back into doing some Python coding.  So, with luck, I should have an update for some of my Blender Tools...err...someday.

BTW Movomo, thanks for picking up the Setbody Reloaded torch.  Let me know if there is anything I should add to the front page (or, if you want it, I can probably ask Greg to set you to the thread owner).  That would probably make more sense since Setbody Reloaded is very low on the list of projects that I am likely to work on soon.