V2 IS NOW UP!

Please delete the old meshes at __NewHairs,_ZZCCCHairs,_MySimsHairs,if you don't want weird bugs!

ZZJAY'S HAIRSHOP

fallout new vegas hair conversions

922-1-1358019491.jpg

DESCRIPTION

----------------HOW-TO-USE----------------

THE PLUGINS ARE ONLY FOR NEW VEGAS
meshes and textures can be added in fallout3 too...but i'm not going to do it.

This mod is LING's dependent...so you need it.
LING'S:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lings-coiffure-nv/downloads/lings-coiffure-nv-v42

My mod REPLACES SOME OF THE LING'S HAIRS with my hairs...and changes it's name...
they're quite a lot...so there's not an hairchart.

HAIRS WILL APPEAR ON EVERY RACE THAT IS LING'S BASED.I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE OTHER
COMPATIBILITIES...CAUSE YOU CAN DO IT ON YOUR OWN!

ENCASE YOU CAN'T GET LINGS...
-------------------------------
for the reason mentioned above the lings.bsa is not actually required to work correctly...
you'll just have some missing hair that are still from ling...but my hairs
will show up correctly if you have the LINGS.ESM that you can download on my llab post as attachment.

----------------W A R N I N G----------------

I'M NOT GOING TO FIX ANY MODEL OR ADD NEW MODEL ON REQUEST OR ANY KIND OF THINGS LIKE THAT.
if you don't like or don't understand the style...just don't use it.

I made some of them long time ago...and i was pretty much a noob...y'know...and quality is not that
good...BUT I MADE THEM FOR PERSONAL USE AND I'M JUST SHARING CAUSE I FEEL THAT SOMEONE CAN FIND
SOMETHING USEFULL INSIDE...but it's just a gift i'm offering to you.and you're not forced to use it.

---------------- H A I R C H A R T ----------------

8459159232_f426f95686_b.jpg

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD AT MEDIAFIRE:
(the mediafire download has been divided for size reason.The esp plugin is ptional,but needed if you don't want to load hairs on your own.it will replace some ling's hairs.)

Textures and esp:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2dttqn9c0gqs83i

Meshes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oxwg5250uibztos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirror:

http://www.4shared.com/archive/5TU-0GIz/HairsFNVfull.html?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xdp8eyk6760yi14

a few missing hairs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED NEWSEA HAIRS:

http://www.4shared.com/archive/BusZlGDn/newhair_vegas_final.html?

thanks to Hellosanta and apachii for the texture resource.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED TEXTURES:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3V1VGZaB!MEYTYkMnIlhOtlduHcXDRIYZNoeRuTuoYlr1yVAU3GY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO NOT HAVE MISSING HAIRS:

Requires hair meshes and textures from these mods:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18426-mailameas-hair-pack-fallout-style/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/1787-new-hair-pack-for-new-vegas/

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44009/?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49346/?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45640/?

ling's esm only.7z

Really a ton of excellent, excellent hairs here. Thanks so much for sharing.

Just fyi, it seems a few hairs are missing meshes. I am using a proper, full Lings install, not just the esm.

These are the hairs:

Sks17 curls

Sks raccolti

VanillaBeans01

sks danae

sks serena

C11

hair crown bigger

Malyssa Oblivion

SKS zz

Malyssa

Sks long and straight

Malyssa

cazy13

rainy04

CazyHat

CazyCurly

Rainy05 Aynian

PeggyMoonshadow (this one actually causes a CTD every time it is selected)

edit: I did try re-installing both Lings and your mod. I also downloaded from 4shared originally, and then downloaded the mesh pack from MediaFire to see if maybe some just got left out from the 4shared file. Same results.

Really a ton of excellent' date=' excellent hairs here. Thanks so much for sharing.

Just fyi, it seems a few hairs are missing meshes. I am using a proper, full Lings install, not just the esm.

These are the hairs:

Sks17 curls

Sks raccolti

VanillaBeans01

sks danae

sks serena

C11

hair crown bigger

Malyssa Oblivion

SKS zz

Malyssa

Sks long and straight

Malyssa

cazy13

rainy04

CazyHat

CazyCurly

Rainy05 Aynian

PeggyMoonshadow (this one actually causes a CTD every time it is selected)

edit: I did try re-installing both Lings and your mod. I also downloaded from 4shared originally, and then downloaded the mesh pack from MediaFire to see if maybe some just got left out from the 4shared file. Same results.

[/quote']

Yep some are from cazy hairmod at nexus...and some are from sks hairs here at llab from mailamea10 and stephen kang...and yep it's true about the ctd...i don't know what's up with that mesh :P

actually the esp was for pricvate usage...but as many ppl are unable to add hair with ck...or it's a too long work...i decided to upoad that too.

Interesting' date=' there are no screenshots anywhere of some of them?

[/quote']

at my new vegas image share profile..and in jim_uk's one

here are some:

there are also almost all the fumofumo hairs from oblivion

234717-1357639933.jpg

234717-1357507526.jpg

234717-1358339773.jpg

2689072-1348855419.jpg

2689072-1347028210.jpg

and well many others that are not even in pics...

Yep some are from cazy hairmod at nexus...and some are from sks hairs here at llab from mailamea10 and stephen kang...and yep it's true about the ctd...i don't know what's up with that mesh :P

actually the esp was for pricvate usage...but as many ppl are unable to add hair with ck...or it's a too long work...i decided to upoad that too.

Ohh okay I see. Thanks for the clarification. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded this and made changes in the mesh files. Installed to the game, and tried it there were a lot of hairs that did not work because of missing meshes. I then opened your esp in geck to check the file paths.

It seem your not using the full file path (ie data/meshes/characters/hair.........)

What you have is the last part (hair/name of nif)

If I'm wrong then please excuse me. I'm not a modder I'm just learning this stuff myself.

I downloaded this and made changes in the mesh files. Installed to the game, and tried it there were a lot of hairs that did not work because of missing meshes. I then opened your esp in geck to check the file paths.

It seem your not using the full file path (ie data/meshes/characters/hair.........)

What you have is the last part (hair/name of nif)

If I'm wrong then please excuse me. I'm not a modder I'm just learning this stuff myself.

Probably i have uploaded the meshes folder with the wrong filepath....

the folders called __newhairs,_zzCCCharis,and _mysimshairs must be installed in meshes folder...

I really like the work you do here so thank you for such a great mod. 

I was trying to port a specific hair to oblivion for my personal use. I managed to get it to show up in game with the correct textures but it still doesn't look quite right. I was just wondering if you might be able to take a look and give me some pointers as i couldn't find any clear tutorials.

Cheers Fallout to oblivon hair port attempt.zip

I really like the work you do here so thank you for such a great mod. 

I was trying to port a specific hair to oblivion for my personal use. I managed to get it to show up in game with the correct textures but it still doesn't look quite right. I was just wondering if you might be able to take a look and give me some pointers as i couldn't find any clear tutorials.

Cheers attachicon.gifFallout to oblivon hair port attempt.zip

try this one:

yu2.7z

You don't have to port even the hairline (the small bleu part of your hair)

Basically you just have to swet the position in blender,delete the hairline,and then export in the right oblivion blender setting 

685px-Blender_Import_Export_Armor_34.png

then once that you've exported load an oblivion hair,and in another window your hair,copy your nitrishapedata,and paste it over the oblivionhair nitrishapedata,then add and remove a nistencilproperty,set textures,and save on a new file. (WARNING many hairs requires the nistencilproperty...this one not,use it only if you see trasparent interiors of your mesh)

When you have the right position on your head,crate an egm with the conformulator.

Take a look at this to avoid doing the blender part:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_load_Oblivion_hair_models_into_Fallout_3

You can skip the part of the block values if you add and then remove the nistencil property (skip also the fag part)

Thanks for the help :) I've tried playing around with the setting you suggested but i keep getting this result with funny textures in game (non-transparency issues and strange black tips to hair ends).

Any thoughts on what might be causing it?

Thanks for the help :) I've tried playing around with the setting you suggested but i keep getting this result with funny textures in game (non-transparency issues and strange black tips to hair ends).

l've no idea...i think it's the hairmesh...i think, it's showing up like that in fallout too...

probablyyou should recalculate normas outside (in blender),and then add a nistenciproperty....

or try setting the alpha trasparency to

Interesting, there are no screenshots anywhere of some of them?

here are some:

234717-1357639933.jpg

234717-1357507526.jpg

234717-1358339773.jpg

2689072-1348855419.jpg

2689072-1347028210.jpg

hey whats the face mod your using in this? ive never seen this around nexus before

here are some:

234717-1357639933.jpg

234717-1357507526.jpg

234717-1358339773.jpg

2689072-1348855419.jpg

2689072-1347028210.jpg

l've no idea...i think it's the hairmesh...i think, it's showing up like that in fallout too...

probablyyou should recalculate normas outside (in blender),and then add a nistenciproperty....

Still no luck, I've tried exporting other hairs instead and whatever method I use I always get the black tips bug with exported hairs in oblivion. Since the hairs always look fine in nifscope, I'm inclined to think it may be a texture problem instead. Maybe the files are formatted right for NV but bot Oblivion? Since I have zero experience with textures however, I am now completely out of ideas. Thanks again :)

Still no luck, I've tried exporting other hairs instead and whatever method I use I always get the black tips bug with exported hairs in oblivion. Since the hairs always look fine in nifscope, I'm inclined to think it may be a texture problem instead. Maybe the files are formatted right for NV but bot Oblivion? Since I have zero experience with textures however, I am now completely out of ideas. Thanks again :)

No texures are exchangable...make sure you have loaded them correctly in the ck (you must load the myhair.dds)...

I usually don't port hairs to oblivion...i made just a male hair from apachii and it worked fine...load an oblivipon hair...and check all the settings,flags (inb nitrishapedata),and shaders..make sure they're the same 

No texures are exchangable...make sure you have loaded them correctly in the ck (you must load the myhair.dds)...

I usually don't port hairs to oblivion...i made just a male hair from apachii and it worked fine...load an oblivipon hair...and check all the settings,flags (inb nitrishapedata),and shaders..make sure they're the same 

Thanks Lux, I finaly managed to get the hair just perfect. The issue actually turned out to be nothing to do with the meshes or textures at all, they were fine. The real problem was that i had replaced the saram 01 hair mesh with my new hair, but i hadn't changed the textures paths for it in the .esp i was using.

PS - check the oblivion character thread (in the oblivon genral section of the site) for a pic of one of the hairs I converted

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You very much for the Hair! :)

It is a real blessing for us who uses Custom Race mod.

It is a bit sad though that the "bj" hair is, well... growing from the male courier's mouth...

It was shocking at first... ^_^

But as I tilted my head to imagine what it would look like in a correct allignment, I think it would look great for a young courier character.

Once again, Thank You Very Much!

• 2 weeks later...