How to move a clothing item to Divine Elegance

erc1971

Thanks to Thorazine and other modders, I have tons and tons of DMRA clothes to play with. The problem is I am tired of running all around Tamriel to collect them all, because each mod puts the clothing item in a different place.

For my own purposes I want to do 2 things...

1: Move the item so it is for sale in Divine Elegance

2: remove the old container the item used to be stored in.

I do have some experience with the CS, so I am not totally green. Anyone have a few quick steps they can lay out to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Eric

Well I don't have anything quick unfortunately. What I do is:

1. Create a new folder inside the meshes folder where I concentrate all the clothing\armors I want to transfer - name it something you can easily get to (like aamystore or something like that).

2. Move all meshes that I want to load into that store to the folder you just created. NOTE: If you are planning on dumping the esp then move the meshes, if you are NOT planning on dumping the esp then copy the meshes.

3. Open up the Divine Elegance esp via the CS and start loading in the clothing\armor items.

It does take a bit depending on how many items you have but once it is done, you never have to fuss with it again.

Well I don't have anything quick unfortunately. What I do is:

1. Create a new folder inside the meshes folder where I concentrate all the clothing\armors I want to transfer - name it something you can easily get to (like aamystore or something like that).

2. Move all meshes that I want to load into that store to the folder you just created. NOTE: If you are planning on dumping the esp then move the meshes' date=' if you are NOT planning on dumping the esp then copy the meshes.

3. Open up the Divine Elegance esp via the CS and start loading in the clothing\armor items.

It does take a bit depending on how many items you have but once it is done, you never have to fuss with it again.

[/quote']

Quick question...Divine Elegance is a store that is part of the vanilla Oblivion...it doesn't have it's own .esp

Eric

The best way to do this is probably making your own esp, maybe named 'DMRA Elegance'. Your very own store mod.

After starting up the CS - without having selected/made active any esp or Oblivion.esm - click on the floppy disk icon to create a new plugin which you can name whatever you like. This will be your personal Palonirya's DMRA store mod along the lines of what Growlf did with his 'Hot Clothes & Armor' line of mods.

The whole process of filling the mod with all your stuff is described here in some detail. What it boils down to: You create new containers (preferably several because of the many outfits they will contain), fill the containers with items, place them into the game world (Growlf had put chests below the floor in the 'Divine Elegance' interior cell) and assign ownership of the containers to Palonirya.

To transfer the items might be a rather time-consuming process but well worth the effort considering you can throw away a lot of esps once you're done. I personally find it better and easier to just recreate the items as it gives you total control over every aspect of these items - name, armor rating, price (which will determine blacksmith's repair costs), weight...

Just don't mess up the equipment slots outfits are occupying. It's best to simultaneously open every element you implement in NifSkope to better see which slots it is using, for example an armor with seperate gauntles will not use the hand slot.

To get started (since that tutorial linked above seems to cover just vanilla items), you will have to open any vanilla item from the category of the object you want to implement. Say you want to add the 'Bubbly Armor'. Double-click any object from the armor category. The first thing you want to do is giving it a unique ID so it won't modify this vanilla item. Many modders love to assign IDs starting with 'aaa' so their items are at the top of their respective category list. Confirming the change by clicking on the OK button will create a new item which you can then tweak.

Double-click your newly-created item. On the right-hand side of that object's window you can assign the mesh, the ground model and menu icon for male and female versions. The outfit's mesh naturally belongs into the female slot, DMRA and all, but ground model and icon must be in the male slot to display properly! NifSkope will show you into which equipment slots to put the item. Full-body armors will use upperbody, lower body, hand and foot slots. Hopefully that outfit's menu icon has no mip maps as the CS doesn't like this very much and just refuses to use the icon. In that case I open the icon in Photoshop and resave it as DXT3 without mip maps.

Or you can simply use any other icon in the 'Menus' folder as your custom icon. Or just keep the original vanilla Oblivion item's vanilla icon.

Once an item is finished and you have created a container, select it from the 'World Object -> Container' list, open that container's object window and drag & drop the item from the weapon, armor or clothes list into the container's list. You can tweak the container's parameters afterwards: Item count for example and if the items in the chest respawn every three days of game time.

And finally, after filling it up and placing such a container into 'Divine Elegance' and assigning its ownership to Palonirya, the items will be sold by this character. Then there won't be any need for those items' original esp anymore. Little by little a lot of esps are becoming obsolete as soon as you have implemented their items into your own store mod.

Some months ago I had started to put every new item from mods into custom esps after first simply merging equipment mods to clean up my load order. Recreating items and the control it gives over items' every aspect is a big advantage, as well as reducing the number of active mods which sometimes do nothing more than placing a chest with two outfits somewhere. Normally I implement only a few items at a time. Putting hundreds of outfits into an esp sure is a Gargantuan task and will take a lot of time, so I recommend to gradually work on your store mod until you get bored and get to it again whenever you feel like modding.

In the end a big number of esps will go to the recycle bin and Palo will sell incredible amounts of nice goodies. And everybody wins.

Poontank...you get 1 awesome point :)

But I need more assistance.

I have clothing and armor items in the chest. However, only the clothing shows up for sale. So...I am guessing that Palonirya is set to only have clothing appear in her store. Any way I can change that?

Eric

- Open up her AI menu. This can be done by selecting "edit" after right clicking her in the NPC menu.

- Her information should now be open.

- Select "AI" in the bottom left.

- Under "Buys/Sells" select "Armor".

- Press "Save"

- She is now set up to sell armor and clothing.

NOTE: Make sure that all the armors and clothing are in one chest and then attach it to her from the chest's menu.

Armors and clothing without a price value will not appear in a vendor's purchase menu. Make sure that all the armors are marked as "Playable" as well.

- Open up her AI menu. This can be done by selecting "edit" after right clicking her in the NPC menu.

- Her information should now be open.

- Select "AI" in the bottom left.

- Under "Buys/Sells" select "Armor".

- Press "Save"

- She is now set up to sell armor and clothing.

NOTE: Make sure that all the armors and clothing are in one chest and then attach it to her from the chest's menu.

Armors and clothing without a price value will not appear in a vendor's purchase menu. Make sure that all the armors are marked as "Playable" as well.

Worked like a charm. Thanks much!

Now I get to trim down my ESP list :D

Eric

it is a good idea to spread your armor and clothing around to different stores' date=' if you add to much to any one store the store will lag.

[/quote']

Probably a good idea. So far I have put 13 or so mods into Divine Elegance and the store opens up instantly still. Once it begins to slow down, another store will get loaded up as well.

Eric

Archived