Refining existing lovers animations 1.3 u

I see your refining oblivion animation. And also see many delete on your part. please keep in mind that numbers like 125 130 etc.. where added by Russian community and some mods will even look for specific numbers directly. by removing those anims your broke other people mod.

Mods using specific numbers are that of galgat' date=' lovers Bitch, lovers creatures, loversTrueCrime, DarkBloodlines etc..

[/quote']

As long as his released packs do not included the items he is deleting (ignoring) then no harm should be done as they will not be overwritten. :)

Could he not also just go in and change the ini's "set pos group" of the one's he's ignoring, to an unused group (say group 7) that way it won't cycle for anyone and will only play for the plugins that call for that particular animation? Just spit balling here.....

Alternatively you can just change the numbers of the kf files and ini to other that won't overrite anything.

That will allow you to keep "old " anims if you like them and add new improved one.

I always do that when chinese or russian moders release something new. (That's why my motions look a bit diffrent that most of the people :P )

Good thought!

I hear ya on my motions too! I couldn't help someone if I wanted to due to the fact that I have completely redone the groups for my set pos in my ini's! I was tired of seeing cowgirl positions show up when I snuck up to rape some bandit chick! That and I weeded out all the non-BBB stuff. THE BOOBS MUST BOUNCE!!!! :)

nusbie you seem to be able to handle those animations for oblivion well, but any tips on how to handle this in blender ??:huh:

Not sure why but i seem to like creating anims for fallout much better then viewing this for for oblivion.. :D

post-3-13597871222702_thumb.jpg

will be waiting for the release with impatience.....

in the meanwhile can you tell me what was the House you made a screen in? Is it a Hentai House or maybe Anvil House?

The house is just the Gweden Farm :D

Alternatively you can just change the numbers of the kf files and ini to other that won't overrite anything.

That will allow you to keep "old " anims if you like them and add new improved one.

I always do that when chinese or russian moders release something new. (That's why my motions look a bit diffrent that most of the people :P )

Yeah the whole reason I deleted mine was that it wasn't going to affect other peoples animations but I'm pretty confident the ones I replace or re-animate are vast improvements and they are, for some reason, all duplicated throughout the motion group anyway.

9 Done so far

nusbie you seem to be able to handle those animations for oblivion well' date=' but any tips on how to handle this in blender ??:huh:

Not sure why but i seem to like creating anims for fallout much better then viewing this for for oblivion.. :D

[/quote']

Alright some small tips on using 2 skeletons. You can't export 2 animations from one file, without getting shat on. Here is how I do it:

Use "Shift-F1" to bring up the "Append or Link" menu. Now select a saved blender project with the animation you wish to import. Here, I'm working on the "11_DefMotionx1", so I want the male version "11_OffMotionx1". Then go to 'object' and import the "Scene Root". This will give you the skeleton an animation of the male. Then press "Shift-F1" again and import the textures, such as Foot:Body and Foot:Legs.

post-1185-13597871223326_thumb.png

Now select the textures first, then the imported skeleton, and press "Ctrl-P". This will make the skeleton parent to the texture, so they will move together.

Now select only the skeleton and go to your "Buttons" window. Click the multi-pointing arrows and move the skeleton to layer#2. (Lower right blue circle). Now you can hide the skeleton in another layer but the mesh will still play the animation.

A great tip is selecting all the hand and arm bones, then going to your action editor and click "Channel"-"Add to new group". This will group them all for easy access.

I hoped that helped

edit: Of course, when exporting, delete the imported skeleton and meshes first or it will fuck it up. It's only for reference but will help greatly

Thanks for the tips, i didn't get this problem for fallout since the skeleton don't seem to have so many things attached too it. oblivion skeleton just seem achward, i think i'm currently using the skeleton for lovers nichy so not sure if they added this too it.

Right now i am trying to get some newer creature animations going, so i can add to previous projects i was working on.

@nusbie

thanks for the info, I'll have to try that channel idea. At the moment I just Alt-G groups to the bottom of the list and shift-H to hide the bits I don't want to see.

You can't export 2 animations from one file, without getting shat on

How exactly does it screw things up for you? I've been doing it myself apparently without problems. By two anims I mean the male and the female are in the same file. (Although technically you could have all four phases of an animation in one blender file using four pairs of duplicates offset in object mode, I think it's simpler to have four files for each set of animations). I always copy the "anim" text that comes with the import (or that I write) into a notepad file so I can paste it before exporting. I export one at a time - just checking I've got the right anim script, selecting the armature object in object mode, and exporting .kf only.

If this is causing problems it might explain some of the odd things I haven't figured out, like persistence of behaviour from one anim to the next.

@Donkey. If it's just the vast number of bones that get in the way. First, in Object Mode I select and H (hide) the skeleton of the partner I don't want to pose at that moment, then I switch to Pose Mode and select only the bones I want to play with, then shift-H which hides all the clutter. Much cleaner to work with.

Nusbie, even though i never touched the camera or bip01 nonAccum when i sometimes export and animation the character is placed under the ground, instead of over it. after checking it back in blender, it seem the scene root is is placed correctly yet in geck i shows it is under ground, any tips for this ???

@Donkey. A simple solution to your underground problem (until Nusbie gets a chance to look at this) is:

1) in game, make a judgement of how far below the surface your model is.

2) go back into Blender.

3) select only the armature of the model

4) go into pose mode

5) select only the pelvis bone of the armature

6) press G (for grab)

7) press Z (for Z-axis)

8) move your mouse so the model moves roughly the distance up that you estimated in (1)

9) LMB to confirm the new location.

10) optional: save the blender file

11) go into object mode.

12) select only the armature

13) export the animation only to the .kf of your choice

14) go into NifSkope and change the name and loop type.

15) Run game. The model is now elevated by the distance that you raised it in Blender.

Don't be hassled if in Blender the models no longer dock properly. That doesn't matter as long as they do in game.

This isn't a perfect solution as it doesn't explain why importing/exporting screws up locations. (I'm assuming that you didn't mess around with the pelvis in the z axis yourself).

But it does the job, especially with the many existing animations that are more than a little bit screwed up to start with. And of course it works with dodgy offsets in the other axes too.

Thanks but it hasn't moved a bit.

Then maybe my method was wrong.

The real problem i been facing, is when i first imported a skeleton everything is correct, i can import meshes no problem, the moment i import a second skeleton it will rename the new one to scene root.00 that is when the problem starts. i can't import any mesh because it doesn't recognize the .00 after scene root.00 keeps nagging about no armature etc..

renaming the .00 back to scene root and i can import again, but then it will rename previous scene root to scene root.00 then when all animations are made i want to export again it will only make the scene root to align correctly with the ground but the first one it will be placed under ground.

@Donkey

There isn't a chance that you have an armature already selected in the object window when you import is there? Maybe hidden, or on another layer? That would mean that the new skeleton tried to parent itself to the existing one and that would certainly give you a hierarchy problem like the one you describe.

If you definitely haven't got anything else selected when you import the new skeleton could you ALT-PrtScn up a shot of the Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.7 import window that you have when you import the skeleton into Blender 2.49, just in case one of the settings there has come adrift?

i think i am still using nifscript 2.5.5 never knew there where already 2.5.7 also i see there is new 2.5.8 but looks like 2.5.7 is latest stable. so i will update this one first. pyffi is also 2.1.9 from the base pack. Should i also upgrade that one ??

@Donkey

hierarchy problem like the one you describe

Scratch that, on second thoughts, 'though that would screw things up, the hierarchy you describe shouldn't be such a problem.

I know from other forums that it's considered best practice to import all the meshes before importing the skeleton. NifTools gets exports a bit confused if the last thing imported wasn't a skeleton. Is there a reason for importing the skeleton first?

In cases where it has been unavoidable I believe one solution is to import another, dummy, skeleton, and immediately delete it. Just so long as NifTools thinks that the last thing imported was a skeleton it doesn't care if the one you just deleted isn't the one that you now export the animation off.

@Donkey here's a few screenies - building up to a gangbang it looks like.

1) here I've imported a skeleton and then the mesh second, just the feet first. It worked ok. But before I export anything from this file, I'd import another skeleton and delete it.

2) the first skeleton I imported was for the Rabbit, so she is root and her position is as will almost certainly be matched in game.

3) next I imported the male figure who becomes root.00, His position is adjusted to fit root when I'm working out the animation. When I export his position will be messed up some so I check in game what offsets I'm going to need and adjust his position in pose mode in Blender. He will end up out of position in Blender but ok in game.

(Don't know why that didn't work for you.)

You can also just import two body meshes and then parent a skeleton to each of the bodies. This way you will end up with a scene root.00, too. But it doesn't matter, when you finished your animation, save your project. Then delete the male body mesh + skeleton and save this file under xxxanimfemale_1 (for example). If the skeleton root there has the '00' behind it, rename it to the default scene root. Okay, now open up the file that has both bodies and skeletons again but now delete the female body mesh and its skeleton, rename the scene root here too if necessary and save the file under xxxanimmale_1.

That's how I do it, at least.

And about the 'below the ground' problem: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creating_a_Character_Animation#Introduction

The problem is described in part 5.

Thanks for tips, will have to fiddle with this some more.

I know from other forums that it's considered best practice to import all the meshes before importing the skeleton. NifTools gets exports a bit confused if the last thing imported wasn't a skeleton. Is there a reason for importing the skeleton first?

In cases where it has been unavoidable I believe one solution is to import another, dummy, skeleton, and immediately delete it. Just so long as NifTools thinks that the last thing imported was a skeleton it doesn't care if the one you just deleted isn't the one that you now export the animation off.

The reason why i imported the skeleton first, was so i can then quickly import the mesh with the option import Geometry Only + parent to Selected Armature. That way i can quickly select the the mesh and use the ctrl p object command to make them move together. The only thing i need to do is make priority for bones. Witch is actually a huge turn off. :D since there are so many bones especially if the skeleton becomes to advanced.

The reason why i imported the skeleton first' date=' was so i can then quickly import the mesh with the option import Geometry Only + parent to Selected Armature. That way i can quickly select the the mesh and use the ctrl p object command to make them move together. The only thing i need to do is make priority for bones. Witch is actually a huge turn off. :D since there are so many bones especially if the skeleton becomes to advanced.

[/quote']

You can also import the body mesh, merge all parts (STRG + J), select the now merged body, import the skeleton.nif and select import skeleton only + parent to selected.

And you don't need to do anything with the bone priorities since the animations for lovers have nothing to do with other animations. Just set all the bone to 99 and you're fine. The priorities are only used if there are two or more animations used at the same time, i.e. walking and wielding a torch in your hand. The torch idle animation has a higher bone priority for the hands and arms and part of the upperbody, the walking animation obviously for the lowerbody and legs. This way you can merge multiple animations into one, otherwise you'd need to create a animation for every single possible combination of actions any character can do in the game.

The problem is described in part 5.

@GrimReaper. Thanks for the reminder' date=' I'd forgotten all about that.

I've always found it easier to get the results by messing about in Blender than NifSkope.

I don't quite follow why you (and Nusbie) are saving the animations into different folders. I think I must be missing a trick somewhere. As you can see, I tend to keep the actors in any given animation in the same Blender file. And why delete the 00 extension? The .00 (or 04 or 05 or whatever) extension doesn't [i']seem[/i] to have any detrimental effect. What am I missing?

I'd just add that before importing make sure that you've deleted any bits of skeleton that came with the body parts. Don't know if it makes much odds, but that's what I heard, so I do it.

Neat usage of the "parent to selected" I don't know why but I've always been a bit wary of that, and have always imported the skeleton with nothing selected and then deliberately ctrl+P parented the mesh to the armature, now I can't remember what the problem with "parent to selected" was!

I don't quite follow why you (and Nusbie) are saving the animations into different folders. I think I must be missing a trick somewhere. As you can see' date=' I tend to keep the actors in any given animation in the same Blender file. And why delete the 00 extension? The .00 (or 04 or 05 or whatever) extension doesn't [i']seem[/i] to have any detrimental effect. What am I missing?

I keep them in 11_OffMotionx01.blend and 11_DefMotionx01.blend so I can make all the changes I want and always have a backup. It's just a question of workflow I guess

@GrimReaper. Thanks for the reminder' date=' I'd forgotten all about that.

I've always found it easier to get the results by messing about in Blender than NifSkope.

[/quote']

Sometimes the data for the z-axis doesn't seem to get exported, i.e. no matter what you do with the z-axis in blender it won't show up ingame. It's a common problem with the nif scripts as far as I know. Another thing is that it is a different story if you try to create an animation from scratch (which I am interested in), there are more problems involved as far as I know.

I don't quite follow why you (and Nusbie) are saving the animations into different folders. I think I must be missing a trick somewhere. As you can see' date=' I tend to keep the actors in any given animation in the same Blender file. And why delete the 00 extension? The .00 (or 04 or 05 or whatever) extension doesn't [i']seem[/i] to have any detrimental effect. What am I missing?

Well if it works for you then you don't need to change anything, but for me it always seemed a better idea to keep the animations seperated. I know I had some problems when trying to export one part of the animations when I had 2 skeletons active in the blend file. Deleting the extension is just something I do to be on the safe side, because Oblivion doesn't really work with multiple scene roots as far as I know.

I'd just add that before importing make sure that you've deleted any bits of skeleton that came with the body parts. Don't know if it makes much odds' date=' but that's what I heard, so I do it.

Neat usage of the "parent to selected" I don't know why but I've always been a bit wary of that, and have always imported the skeleton with nothing selected and then deliberately ctrl+P parented the mesh to the armature, now I can't remember what the problem with "parent to selected" was!

[/quote']

Yeah, you always need to do that. That skeleton bits are not the actual skeleton but more like bone weight informations stored inside the nif I think, so exporting them together with the real skeleton would be a bad idea.

I think it was the other way around? The nif scripts always had trouble to import the skeleton alone.

One question ?? what type of windows are you using ?? i am working windows 7 and no matter what it just place the animation under ground.. i even reinstalled blender completely reinstalled nif scripts. and every time i export animation is bugged now. :( not sure what happened since i already made some cool once.

I really think blender hates my current system...