Various Glitches

Iron Arrow

Hi again.

As I have several issues going on with the game I wasn't sure where to post this but I felt it was better to make a new thread rather than continue on with the old one.

I have a range of issues but it didn't make much sense to me to make separate threads for each one and scatter them about. My apologies in advance if this breaks any rules.

After making some decent progress yesterday I've nailed down a number of glitches and errors which I was hoping people here may be able to offer workarounds for.

1 - The "Pied Piper" effect. I reloaded the game this morning and was again swamped by every kid currently existing in the game. After a certain period of time they seem to drift off (maybe something to do with the "too many followers" message I get beforehand), but it's annoying trying to get anything done. Even with quick move they're impossible to shake off for the first 10 minutes of the game.

2 - Missing Meshes. I've had the "WTF I'm missing a mesh" symbol several times. It usually crops up in the final stage of sex, so I'm assuming there's an issue with Lovers PK. I can cope with the female NPC's hair suddenly vanishing but the big blue/yellow blocks are annoying.

3 - No manual sex progression. First thing the game does when I load it up is to tell me to change Lovers PK sex progression from auto to manual (the jump key). However if I do this, the characters can never climax. I can cycle up and down through the stages but it never finishes unless it is set to auto.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes, the 'grab' key doesn't always cycle through the available postures for the selected position. It just switches between standing up and laying down.

On the bed, my character's head can be chopped off. He's a Nord, and I did select larger Nord and Orc bodies so that's probably the cause of that - I need to figure out how to fix it... It might also explain why the guy's tackle sometimes vanishes or appears in the wrong place!

4 - Clothes during sex. I'm not sure whether the break undies is glitching, but since I reinstalled, not all sexual encounters result in either character getting naked. On the female NPCs there are gaps in her clothes that look like they've been ripped, but my Lovers Settings are set to full nude for conventional sex so I'm not quite sure what's going on there.

I've been trawling through the install guides - many thanks to all those who have taken the time and patience to make this information so easily available and understandable! - and I may have a few leads on some of the issues, but not all. And My leads may just turn out to be hokum...

When running Ozmo's High Rez texture installer, there is a blanked out, but checked, human option. When I hit 'apply', the install gets to about four fifths of the way though before flashing up with the error message below:

File copy error

Textures\Human\Non musculer\light hair\FootFemale01.dds

C:\Oblivion\Data\Textures\characters\Human\Female\Human - FootFemale.dds

The feet look fine to me but I don't know if the install is being stopped four fifths of the way through, preventing installation of the Lineage II elf and Dark Elf, which could be borking things up.

This time around I have not installed Asharas Sirens and Triton omod.

I have downloaded, but not installed, PYFFIed-meshes-textures.7z.

I have updated the Archive Invalidation in OBMM, but currently it is set to BSA redirection and file types only include textures. I was thinking of checking the meshes box as well.

Does any of this make any sense to anybody here, or am I just barking up the wrong tree? I mean, these are just niggles really - the game is playable, but it's a bit jarring to the experience.

Any advice would be welcome. :)

1. I don't use Tamago but that is an issue that is commonly reported.

2. This is typical of missing meshes from an incorrect installation and\or not starting a new game after upgrading your esm\esp.

3. If you have PK extender installed then you MUST have sex progression set to manual and you press the "ready weapon" key (F by default) to get out of foreplay and onto sex. If you don't like that then uninstall PK extender.

4. If you have the break armor portion turned on then it will leave the armor on and damage it during sex. You will need to turn that off to get naked I think.

Thanks for the information. I finally got the PK Extender to work properly. Based on what you said the mesh issue doesn't surprise me - it's an old savegame.

On the followers issue, I will nose around the forums to see if there are any workarounds. I considered 'cleaning' the kids out of the game, disabling all esms and esps except the official ones, doing a clean save, then re-enabling them. I will check the rest of the forums first.

EDIT: I found this thread

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=375

Which refers to an esp called LoversDisableX117 1.0. I've installed it but so far can't seem to add it via the control console. Also, as not all of these kids following me are mine I'm not sure how useful it may be. I'll keep digging.

Archived