Well, crap...

Tregarin

I've got a compacted gallbladder... one that is (to quote the nurse who did the ultrasound) "so compacted it looks more like a mass of bone... you sure you haven't had some broken ribs that didn't get treated??" so it's having to be taken out.

I just got a call from the hospital... "Hi there! We just had someone cancel so we've decided to offer you the spot instead. Monday morning, nice and early, staying in until Tues afternoon. Have a nice day!"

Fuck... I thought I'd have a little more warning than this... I've got a 3g card on order so I could use a lappy in hospital, but no... it's not gonna show up until next wednesday.

No internet, because the NHS hates everyone... no NV, no Oblivion, no FO3... no farting about on here. :@

I'm gonna have a seriously crappy start to next week... the fact I'm gonna be as sore as fuck for a while afterwards is just the icing on the cake.

Oh well...

Well look at it this way if you would...

1. Its better to get this doen and over with sooner then later so the cancellation is a boon.

2. You are going to be so hopped of on pain killers and still feeling pain in places you never knew you fucking had for awhile after the surgery, so honestly... you wouldnt be in any condition to sit up and use yoru laptop to begin with. You'll be doing everything you can just to sleep. That is a lot of truama your body is about to go through and you won't feel it until after the fact.

3. Pain killers...lots and lots of pain killers.

Good luck mate.

1. Its better to get this doen and over with sooner then later so the cancellation is a boon.

Very true... it's the complete lack of any warning' date=' just a sudden phone call that's thrown me. But yeah, getting it done sooner is a damned good thing... I can't remember the last time I had a proper nights sleep now.

2. You are going to be so hopped of on pain killers and still feeling pain in places you never knew you fucking had for awhile after the surgery, so honestly... you wouldnt be in any condition to sit up and use yoru laptop to begin with. You'll be doing everything you can just to sleep. That is a lot of truama your body is about to go through and you won't feel it until after the fact.

Oh, I wish... they're doing it Keyhole. Best I can expect is a lot of Local... which isn't gonna do much. But, at least they'll be able to let me out the next day.

Damned right! The ones I had from the last time I was admitted with this had me feeling like I was high as a fucking kite... :D

Good luck mate.

Cheers mate.:)

Very true... it's the complete lack of any warning' date=' just a sudden phone call that's thrown me. But yeah, getting it done sooner is a damned good thing... I can't remember the last time I had a proper nights sleep now.

Oh, I wish... they're doing it Keyhole. Best I can expect is a lot of Local... which isn't gonna do much. But, at least they'll be able to let me out the next day.

Damned right! The ones I had from the last time I was admitted with this had me feeling like I was high as a fucking kite... :D

Good luck mate.

Cheers mate.:)

Well, it's better than the sudden surprise of your gallbladder rupturing while you're out and about and having to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

This was at least SOME warning...lol.

:D

Well' date=' it's better than the sudden surprise of your gallbladder rupturing while you're out and about and having to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

This was at least SOME warning...lol.

:D

[/quote']

You know, when you put it like that, it is a hell of a lot better. :)

By the way... I look bloody awful. (and fat!)

Archived