A Question About Saving A Lot of Time...

Demonwise

Ok so I just finished building my new beast of a desktop computer and I am in the process of moving all my files on to it from my old system. I am wondering if it is possible simply to copy everything from my old Data folder from the Oblivion game directory on the old system and copy it into my new Data folder on my new system. There by saving myself the painful ordeal of re-downloading every mod I had installed. I tried this but it doesn't seem to be working. Most notably I have all sorts of custom race mods installed and those aren't showing up. Anyone have any ideas as to how this could work if it could even work at all?

Does the game itself start first off.

The better way to do this is install oblivion and all the official dlc on your new drive. Then overwrite everything with your old Oblivion folder. You need all of the files in the oblivion folder itself (not just the data folder).

Now don't forget to also copy over the oblivion files in your my documents folder (your oblivion.ini to name just one).

This should help square you away.

Archived