Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mods that are not compatible with Lovers

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts

At the request of several forum members (shunter being the last). I am officially getting off my butt to create a list to flag these plugins. However, I will need your help. While I do use quite a few mods myself, no one can possibly install and use all of the stuff that is out there. I specifically do not ever use any clothing or armor mods - well at least not the esm\esp files that come with them anyway, as I make my own esp armor\clothing files so I know that there are no conflicts. I realize that many lack the knowledge to do this so please volunteer any mod that you have had cause conflicts in your games.

General Note (by Symon): "I'd add a note to be careful with ANY mod that adds animations and uses PickIdle rather than PlayIdle."

Known Culprits:
Sex Darkness
Sexlivion - this "may" be compatible with the core systems of lovers but plugins like RaperS (with chaos mode turned on) and Joburg\LandE can cause CTD's. Lovers Stupid also may cause this when used.
Personality Idles
Friends & Lovers
Eroblivion
Dynamic Foot Position - this has been reported to cause crashes when engaging in sex both on this forum and over at hongfire.
Immoral Sisters is incompatible with - The Gold Crest - A Major Pirate Quest and Unique Landscapes - Bravil Barrowfields. There are some rather offensive terrain tears in one and the sister’s campsite outside Bravil is almost totally buried in both.
Claudia's Little Secret - currently CLS does not work with lovers with PK.  A patch is being worked on but no eta has been given.
Mayu's Animation Overhaul.esp - this mod causes Lovers animations to stop playing.  It also conflicts with other mods that have or rely on special idle animations.

Vim & Vigor Overhauled - when using PK Extender this plugin interferes with stamina and can lead to the death of NPC's when they have sex.

Death overhaul and resurrection - it searches for the knocked state, like when lpk animations end. Sex causes death with this mod.

Suspected Conflicts or just Unfriendly
Companion Share and Recruit <--double face bug happens as well as other oddities at times.
Estrus v19.5 - You need to turn off the NudeShy feature or it over-rides sex animations.
LoversDoctor - This causes conflicts with TamagoClub if used together with it.
CursedArmor - It will work but you have to load the ESPs after Lovers but before bash patch and go into the CS and convert all the armors to use the amulet slot instead of the armor slot. It "may" also conflict with other plugins so be aware that you are taking a bit of a risk here.
Kvatch Rebuilt - may have issues with lovers bitch
Sexy Maid of Chorrol - you can't have sex with the maids while the custom animations are playing. You can rape them if re-enable them to be eligible for sex via the settings (they are marked disabled by default). Not sure if consensual sex is possible with them.
Tantrivaylia - is not compatible with HiyokoClub. A CTD occurs whenever progeny are present in the same room.

Colourwheels overhaul plugins and\or the Sexy Imperial Legion Extended plugin - I had a small issue with one quest stage in Bravil Underground that I "think" was caused due to the swap out of the bodyguard.  The work around was to manually advance the quest via the console.

Lovers Rape Struggle - does not seem to get along well with rev96 of LPK.  Certainly doesn't get along well with the latest version of PK Extender.

Post anything you guys have found and I will keep the OP updated.
Thanks,
-Greg

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Symon

Symon

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
Excellent idea:

Add Cursed Armour (all versions) to known culprits.

I'd add a note to be careful with ANY mod that adds animations and uses PickIdle rather than PlayIdle (the majority - still).

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
Cursed Armor is one for Suspected Conflicts or just Unfriendly. As you can get it working with Lovers easy.

Symon

Symon

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
Ah, as I still get numerous 'can't get this to work' requests, when trying to use LoverPK, I assumed it chuffed the animation chain too much.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts

Cursed Armor is one for Suspected Conflicts or just Unfriendly. As you can get it working with Lovers easy.

I have not seen anyone get it to work with multiple lovers plugins installed. Are you saying it work perhaps with just the lovers core files. I don't see it working with RaperS, Joburg, Crowning Isles and the like. Give me a bit more information if you can so I can note this in the OP. If there are workarounds to make things compatible "AND" it is "STABLE" then I would like to note this in the OP. This can serve to help use point folks to when they complain that things are conflicting with one another.

Thanks,
-Greg

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
It will work but you have to load the ESPs after Lovers but before bash patch and go into the CS and convert all the armors to use the amulet slot instead of the armor slot.

I have the updated ESP on my computer somewhere.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts

It will work but you have to load the ESPs after Lovers but before bash patch and go into the CS and convert all the armors to use the amulet slot instead of the armor slot.

I have the updated ESP on my computer somewhere.

Got it. OP updated.

3m4041

3m4041

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Spoiler

Is there a list of specific conflicts between Sexlivion and Lovers?

I have it (Sexlivion_0.4a_Full_English_v1.esp) in bash3 of load order, so it's before some lovers mods, and after others, which is clearly important, but I haven't seen a conflict between them.

It might be helpful to people who want to use other mods along with lovers, if we can nail down the specifics of the conflicts to be avoided, and or come up with a work around to resolve those conflicts.

-Edited by Gregathit
Reason: Please use spoilers for pictures

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
Hmmmm interesting....

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts
The list of conflicts is fairly straight forward. They are two sex systems that can in time cause conflicts with the others idles animations.

Bit of history for you: Sexlivion is built off of friends and lovers (both are russian made plugins), and it has been known for quite some time that LPK and F&L will eventually break each other if used together. I don't have any interest in documenting what is already known, nor do I have the desire to fix the incompatibility.

Either way this is not the thread to get into this. This thread is strictly for reporting incompatibilities or things that are unfriendly with lovers. You are welcome to start your own thread to discuss sexlivion and lovers.

varenne

varenne

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

I have not seen anyone get it to work with multiple lovers plugins installed. Are you saying it work perhaps with just the lovers core files. I don't see it working with RaperS, Joburg, Crowning Isles and the like. Give me a bit more information if you can so I can note this in the OP. If there are workarounds to make things compatible "AND" it is "STABLE" then I would like to note this in the OP. This can serve to help use point folks to when they complain that things are conflicting with one another.

Thanks,
-Greg

This reply is for Symon too as they know about Cursed Armor I think more than anyone here on LL, IMO.

I discovered a version of one that was either from SHY or it's replacement site. The file name is: ups13184 Cursed Armor For Lovers v1.2.7z

Here's the readme:
Spoiler

I have another one from OreTueee a.k.a. pemile-postal from 4shared, file name is: cursedarmor.7z but in side the readme it is titled Hidden Horror ver1.02 **** By OreTueee

Readme for this one:
Spoiler

I have not installed or tested either one of these (I don't even know if they need to be translated). I'm just posting as you may want to consider adding Hidden Horror in the same line as Cursed Armor as another for Suspected Conflicts or just Unfriendly. If someone wants to test/translate them PM and I'll provide a link.

DemonKnightRaziel

DemonKnightRaziel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Posting to mention that the mod "Dynamic Foot Position", which corrects foot position when standing on slopes and stuff(that normally look like you are hovering in the air) causes crashes when used with LPK. Namely, the 4 'chair' animations ( chair_leftenter.kf ect) inside the Data\meshes\characters\_male\idleanims folder, cause problems when getting up after having sex or when entering certain areas, like the main slaver camp in Player Slave mod.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts

Posting to mention that the mod "Dynamic Foot Position", which corrects foot position when standing on slopes and stuff(that normally look like you are hovering in the air) causes crashes when used with LPK. Namely, the 4 'chair' animations ( chair_leftenter.kf ect) inside the Data\meshes\characters\_male\idleanims folder, cause problems when getting up after having sex or when entering certain areas, like the main slaver camp in Player Slave mod.

Thanks, added to OP.

shunter

shunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I use it and so far I haven't had any problems with it... are you sure it's this specific mod that's causing it?

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts
There have been reports of crashes both here and over at hongfire from it. Now whether there were mitigating circumstances I am not sure. It could be that those crashing didn't install something correctly and\or are missing something.

Did you test DFP with the new chair animations?

kingkong

kingkong

Ghost wind

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
"Post anything you guys have found and I will keep the OP updated.
Thanks,
-Greg"

a possible conflict if i may add -kavatch rebuild- and -lovers bitch /or creature-
i had problemes with kavatch before even in omod version (creature/tamago codes not sure i'm not using it) and now with installing L B had to activate creature and it crashes often .

Good idea collecting theese information will lead certainly to resolve some problems.

(some times it's just a pain .... to try installing a mode without a load order or crashes or starting a new game it might be a good suggestion to treat about a best load order ; often the source of big conflicts)

thanks

Menesh

Menesh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

There have been reports of crashes both here and over at hongfire from it. Now whether there were mitigating circumstances I am not sure. It could be that those crashing didn't install something correctly and\or are missing something.

Did you test DFP with the new chair animations?

Dynamic Foot Position itself had crashing issues because of some corrupted animations from the mod itself. From what I remember this included a chair animation and a bed animation, resulting in crashes when used with See You Sleep. So the problem may not be compatibility with lovers but a bug in Dynamic Foot Position that the mod author was working to fix from what I read at the official Beth board.

Another question: What's the status with mods that switch skeletons? KamiCAS (Kamikaze's Combat Animation Selector) and UVII both state that they won't work properly with idle animation mods unless you take precautions. UVII requires skeleton switching to be turned off and KamiCAS requires NPCs to be switched to the standard animation set for idle animation mods to work. That would make KamiCAS incompatible with any Lovers plugin that randomly engages actors in sex acts (as you'd have to set every NPC in the world to permanently use standard animations which makes KamiCAS pointless).

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts
I don't know about the KCAS mod but I have seen folks using UVII with lovers.

Menesh

Menesh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I do use UVII myself, however with skeleton switching off, which removes dismemberment. I never tested switching it on though and won't be able to try it soon either.
Does Mayus Animation Overhaul work with Lovers? If it does, then other mods doing the same thing should be safe as well.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,668 posts
Skeleton switching should not be a problem...."provided" that it isn't some wonky skeleton. I "think" lovers will work with MAO but if I remember right you loose all bbb action - not a trade-off I would be willing to make.