Skipping the Tutorial

Scorpid

Is there any specific mod that is compatible to lovers PK that allows me to skip that 15-20min annoying tutorial at the start? It's only a minor annoyance I know but if I could skip it I'd be much happier for it.

Also I have an actual technical question. My longer run games have recently started slowing down when going into inventory screens, but not the magic screen. Could this be just because I've got too much stuff in my inventory or is it something else that can be easily fixed? Like when I click to equip armor it'll just freeze for 15 seconds before it applies it.

Personally I use this one: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/11495

It is fairly simple and you arrive by ship in one of three locations.

Streamline is a most excellent plugin that contains a good auto-save game feature that works quite well. Remember to NEVER quicksave. Quicksaves are only partial saves and they tend to get corrupted quite quickly.

Another excellent tool is OSR (oblivion stutter Remover). Between OSR and Streamline you should notice a definite improvement.

When it takes time with an inventory screen, a case possessing a lot of items given a script is thought about.

Because it is carried out every item, the script which an item was given may be in a serious condition when I possess many such items.

I suggest that you dispose of the unnecessary thing or you put them in a safe treasure chest.

Pretty much all alternatives beginnings mods should be compatible to Lovers' date=' personally I use this:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37382

I've read that over time Oblivion overloads your savegames with useless stuff and you need a program that purges them, I think it's called Streamline but better wait on someone who is more knowledgeable.

[/quote']

not all of them are compatible. any alternate beginning mod that starts the player off with leveled list clothes will conflict with lovers mods that strip the player or require the player to voluntarily strip.

the reason for this is that leveled list tend to add rings and amulets and crap like that to the package and lovers mods view those as clothes due to the scripted command "strip all". So once you reach the point of being told to strip the lovers quest line will start to screw up.

I have run into this problem several times in the past, now to skip the tutorial dungeon i just type ~ then coc weye

There is a mod by Kuertee with the function to purge savegame bloat due to obsolete actor and item references.

Any items picked up and dropped will get a unique reference ID and stay in the game indefinitely, they won't be affected by cell resets every 72 hours of game time anymore. The more stuff you drop - for example for player home decoration purpose - the more a savegame will be bloated.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/24606

Archived