Help with modded character

OmgItsaGhost!

Okay, so ever since I've been playing Fallout 3, and now New Vegas, I've been extremely dissatisfied with the skin colors and how they're displayed on characters. The biggest problem is when I try to make a dark skinned character. There's always VERY light areas as if the character is in the middle of a Michael Jackson conversion. I toy with the shading sliders pretty much all the time, but so far I've had no luck.

Basically, can anyone give me advice on how to create a custom character, with custom skin tones, etc? I have absolutely no knowledge of modding or anything but this skin color stuff really has me frustrated.

I don't have an answer, but there was a mod for Oblivion called "Better Redguards" and the guy was able to make vastly improved black people. Perhaps try touching base with him and see if he can help?

If you do come up with an answer, I'd be interested too. My personal motto considering the different ethnicities of women is "They're all pink on the inside."

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I didn't get a reply from the person who made Better Redguards. I tried using a face preset called DK Caucasian, and then lowering the shade really low, messing with the other sliders, etc, and it STARTS working pretty well, but once you start to play, you realize the face skin is extremely noticeably lighter than the body tone. This search is annoying lol

Archived