Anyone has Skyrim Realistic Overhaul?

Wadarkhu

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Just ran across this potentially great looking texture kit... again I'm put off by the way nexus has removed something valuable... I would think they would instead - simply ban the author and keep his files active... the fact that they keep hiding SO MANY THINGS... is frustrating for a person trying to get into the game 8 years later and finding broken links all over the place...

I feel bad for those starting Skyrim for the first time 10 more years from now... I bet 90% of the links will be broken by then.

*No excuse for hiding / deleting quality mods... people who make them - donate them to the world - and should have no recourse to pull them back after the fact... nor should the websites that originally hosted them... 

/End rant.

Thanks to all of those in the past few pages who have offered versions to download from multiple locations!

From what I've summarized - 1.8 is the newest - 1.6 seems to be the most common and there is LE vs SE differences in a few options...

The SE and LE versions use the exact same textures; the only difference is the Meshes... and I can't imagine there being hundreds of mb worth of meshes in there...

-I'll be experimenting...   Kind of a slow internet speed here so I'll edit in a few hours.

*Earlier today I was downloading 13 files in a Skylands pack... also merged in YALO = Yet Another Landscape Overhaul... Not quite sure how many of these texture packs I should dig out... havent even really played the skyrim game much at all ... almost have 50 hours invested in modding it though lol

I hesitate to just randomly grab things like this and merge them together without more knowledge of how they will interact...   I noticed that YALO and Skylands had zero shared files --so they must handle different areas of the game...

Just makes me wonder what other areas are left to upgrade...

-I'll edit this after I get a full SRO download to play with...

Page 4's Mega link seems to be going fine; the various torrent options I clicked lead to websites that are dead...  didnt try the magnet...

I started down this rabbit hole thanks to this post that talks about a gajillion texture mods and how to merge them into one massive pack..

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20801/?tab=description

I found a short history explanation of the reasons this is not on nexus anymore:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5ozq8v/pc_sse_skyrim_realistic_overhaul_is_out/

Important note for me (and maybe others):

Q: So, let me ask again, because the mod page seems pretty cryptic to me - part 1,2 and 3 are all compatible with SSE when used together with the 1.7 update?

A:

Correct, and with oldrim if you get that update too.

*So for Jan 2020... I have the 1.6 optimal 1.86GB file from page 4...  Gotta find the files / improvements from 1.7 then a 1.8.. somehow; gotta find the other files...

-- Guess I'll be skipping the 1.7 files and hope that there wasnt anything 'new' from those...

Now I have about 10GB worth of this pack... and 6GB from Skyland and YALO... 

Guess I'll start comparing those to see if they will compliment or overwrite... I shuold probably stop looking at textures now and actually try the game out a bit more lol..

Havent even picked an ENB yet.. ugh; 260 mods and counting lol

Thx Erundil

On 3/26/2015 at 11:02 AM, Erundil said:

Thx Uhuru N'Uru

Spoiler

The Package I recommend is this

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - Optimized - 1k and 2k - Skyrim Revisited - STEP

DsOpt Optimization and Texture by Texture choices of the most Approriate quality for each plus, the original SRO had some files from the HRDLC that were unchanged duplicates of HRDLC textures. These duplicates were removed in the "optimized" version.

The Link from the Skyrim Revisited Site is to a Torrent as are most SRO Links due to size, this is the torrent Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, it is perfectly safe and though nothing is said, about who posted it, it was a customised packaged made for Skyrim Revisited.

Here's are Mega Upload Link of my copy for those not willing to use torrents

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - Optimized - 1k and 2k - Skyrim Revisited - STEP

SRO+DG_v1.6_Optimal_(1k-2k).7Z 1.85 GB (My Recommendation)

If you want the Original files They are here

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - 1k

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 1_1 1024k-5400-1-1.7z 904 MB
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Dawnguard 1024k-5400-.7z 83.2 MB
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul v1_6 Update 1024k-5400-1-6.7z 260 MB

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - 2k
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul v1_1-5400-1-1.7z 2.53 GB

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Dawnguard-5400-.7z 281 MB
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul v1_6 Update 2048k-5400-1-6.7z 804 MB

All are original untouched copies of the Skyrim Nexus Mod, PM me if Mega links are down.

Thx CyborgArmGun

Spoiler

On 3/26/2015 at 10:44 AM, CyborgArmGun said:

This is my MF link to 1.6 2k :D

Archived