Anyone has Skyrim Realistic Overhaul?

Wadarkhu

Hey, sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to mention for the record that the optimized pack link at least still works. I'm downloading it as I type this. Thanks, I greatly appreciate it!

Good to know, but I don't expect any of them to break, they are my own archived backups, so unless mega shuts down they should always be available.

I certainly wont remove them.

• 2 weeks later...

is this still worth downloading or is there something better now?

Was kinda wondering the same thing. Is it better than the Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by Nebula, and is it advised to also get Beth's 2k textures with it?

Anyone...

I think it's better than Skyrim HD - 2K, and it's also more exhaustive than NobleSkyrim. I used SRO as a base, then overwrote with NobleSkyrim, and I think it looks very nice. I didn't really spend much time with just SRO sans NS though. I'm also using Project Parallax Revisited for the SRO textures, and Project Parallax Revived for NobleSkyrim, and they work fine together as far as I can tell.

You should also use the official high res pack, as there are textures in it that neither HD2K, SRO, nor NS touch. Not many that you're likely to notice, but there definitely are some.

Was kinda wondering the same thing. Is it better than the Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by Nebula, and is it advised to also get Beth's 2k textures with it?

Anyone...

I think it's better than Skyrim HD - 2K, and it's also more exhaustive than NobleSkyrim. I used SRO as a base, then overwrote with NobleSkyrim, and I think it looks very nice. I didn't really spend much time with just SRO sans NS though. I'm also using Project Parallax Revisited for the SRO textures, and Project Parallax Revived for NobleSkyrim, and they work fine together as far as I can tell.

You should also use the official high res pack, as there are textures in it that neither HD2K, SRO, nor NS touch. Not many that you're likely to notice, but there definitely are some.

Thanks Avensurha. Was wondering how it compared to 2K. Getting my PC this week, then I'll be able to check it out.  :)

• 3 months later...

Hey, sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to mention for the record that the optimized pack link at least still works. I'm downloading it as I type this. Thanks, I greatly appreciate it!

Good to know, but I don't expect any of them to break, they are my own archived backups, so unless mega shuts down they should always be available.

I certainly wont remove them.

Uhuru, you are the very VERY best! heart.gif

Anyone...

Thanks Avensurha. Was wondering how it compared to 2K. Getting my PC this week, then I'll be able to check it out.

@Widow Puppy Downloaded the update and it's identical (Hashchecked to make sure)  to my original Archive, so problem must have been in downloading, as to what it does.

Changes/adds 324 Files

Changelog:

========

v1.6:

- New caves, mines, imperial, nordic dungeons.

- New dwemerruins floor.

- New tent textures.

- Improwed ruins clutter furnitures.

- Improwed some landscape textures.

Never EVER use the official hi res pack.

eveuuuuuuuuuuur.

Get the cleaned one form Nexus, or better yet, don't use it, because it's 100% redundant if you have BoS and SRO.

Just like to Add, which textures you use is a matter of personal taste, and it matters not if you have the High Res Texture pack.

A lot of myths are written about these textures, when it's all a matter of personal preference as to what is best, as a general rule, you can't go wrong by following the STEP Wiki guide.

That applies whether you use all the mod choices or not, just reading the guides and taking it as general advice will help you mod the game properly.

As for the "get the cleaned ones from the Nexus", that makes no sense. "Cleaning is an ESM/ESP issue, and as the high Res Textures ESP's are dummies used to load the BSA files, they need no cleaning.

Indeed if you use Mod Organizer, you don't even need to activate the ESP (Need them, but untick in the Load Order), as MO will still load the BSA's and that's 3 ESP spaces freed up. (MO also tells you if every file is overwritten, and mod can be deavtivated

DDS Optimisation

I suspect 27X was talking about DDS Optimisation, which Modders generally do, but Bethesda didn't bother with, for all there content.

Here again I recommend STEP based versions, which are for all Bethesda's Textures, not just the HRDLC.

Optimized Vanilla Textures by tony971 - SkyrimTuner - Ghostifish - and The STEP Team

Just to be clear, I'm not a STEP user, but I know they test in game, and if they say it happens in game, it's because they've tested it, properly.

They are heavy mod users, unlike most mod authors, they actually use massive Load Orders, merge many mods, etc.

STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project Guide

STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures (Specific to the Guide) which are provided as part of the guides custom mods, which are hosted on the Nexus.

STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project by The STEP Team

STEP is basically still Vanilla, a better Redux than BGS will provide,

An even more advanced guide that goes beyond Vanilla, and the most advanced guide I know about. Includes body Mods (UnpB), unlike STEP Core.

Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited - Legendary Edition - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

With both, the most valuable lessons are learning the techniques used, not the specific mods selected.

You can simply use the guides as mod picking lists to be closely followed, or learn the methology involved in getting many Mods working together.

PIck and choose Texture by Texture, easily with MO

Ultimately though, it's all down to which textures you prefer, and using MO, you can pick and choose a mashup from all the textures you use.

If one pack is your favourite, except for a few specific textures, it is given the higher Mod priority, and you simply tell MO to hide the few you don't want.

THis allows the lower priority mods files to be used instead, such is the power of MO, you are in control and know what files come from where.

@Widow Puppy Downloaded the update and it's identical (Hashchecked to make sure)  to my original Archive, so problem must have been in downloading, as to what it does.

Changes/adds 324 Files

Got it all downloaded and sorted, thanks again friend.

Anyone...

Thanks Avensurha. Was wondering how it compared to 2K. Getting my PC this week, then I'll be able to check it out.

Changes/adds 324 Files

Changelog:

========

v1.6:

- New dwemerruins floor.

- New tent textures.

eveuuuuuuuuuuur.

Get the cleaned one form Nexus, or better yet, don't use it, because it's 100% redundant if you have BoS and SRO.

Just like to Add, which textures you use is a matter of personal taste, and it matters not if you have the High Res Texture pack.

A lot of myths are written about these textures, when it's all a matter of personal preference as to what is best, as a general rule, you can't go wrong by following the STEP Wiki guide.

That applies whether you use all the mod choices or not, just reading the guides and taking it as general advice will help you mod the game properly.

As for the "get the cleaned ones from the Nexus", that makes no sense. "Cleaning is an ESM/ESP issue, and as the high Res Textures ESP's are dummies used to load the BSA files, they need no cleaning.

Indeed if you use Mod Organizer, you don't even need to activate the ESP (Need them, but untick in the Load Order), as MO will still load the BSA's and that's 3 ESP spaces freed up. (MO also tells you if every file is overwritten, and mod can be deavtivated

DDS Optimisation

I suspect 27X was talking about DDS Optimisation, which Modders generally do, but Bethesda didn't bother with, for all there content.

Here again I recommend STEP based versions, which are for all Bethesda's Textures, not just the HRDLC.

Optimized Vanilla Textures by tony971 - SkyrimTuner - Ghostifish - and The STEP Team

Just to be clear, I'm not a STEP user, but I know they test in game, and if they say it happens in game, it's because they've tested it, properly.

They are heavy mod users, unlike most mod authors, they actually use massive Load Orders, merge many mods, etc.

STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures (Specific to the Guide) which are provided as part of the guides custom mods, which are hosted on the Nexus.

An even more advanced guide that goes beyond Vanilla, and the most advanced guide I know about. Includes body Mods (UnpB), unlike STEP Core.

With both, the most valuable lessons are learning the techniques used, not the specific mods selected.

You can simply use the guides as mod picking lists to be closely followed, or learn the methology involved in getting many Mods working together.

PIck and choose Texture by Texture, easily with MO

Ultimately though, it's all down to which textures you prefer, and using MO, you can pick and choose a mashup from all the textures you use.

If one pack is your favourite, except for a few specific textures, it is given the higher Mod priority, and you simply tell MO to hide the few you don't want.

THis allows the lower priority mods files to be used instead, such is the power of MO, you are in control and know what files come from where.

That's an awesome giant wall of text but the simple fact is the official files form Bethesda contain normals saved in the wrong format and with corrupted channels, when they unspool from their packed BSA's they can and are likely to cause CTDs depending on what else you're running. It's not a myth, else people would not  still be complaining about to this day. A couple of them also have inverted channels, which simply doesn't look particularly great. It has rather little to do with how much space they take up or whether they're "properly optimized". Garbage in results in garbage out, simple as.

Anyone...

Changes/adds 324 Files

Changelog:

========

v1.6:

- New dwemerruins floor.

- New tent textures.

eveuuuuuuuuuuur.

DDS Optimisation

Pick and choose Texture by Texture, easily with MO

That's an awesome giant wall of text but the simple fact is the official files form Bethesda contain normals saved in the wrong format and with corrupted channels, when they unspool from their packed BSA's they can and are likely to cause CTDs depending on what else you're running. It's not a myth, else people would not  still be complaining about to this day. A couple of them also have inverted channels, which simply doesn't look particularly great. It has rather little to do with how much space they take up or whether they're "properly optimized". Garbage in results in garbage out, simple as.

How to quote, without making a bigger wall, than what you complain about.

I already addressed both the points you make in othat wall, I've separated them for you

Texture choice is a matter of personal preference, and by using the optimised versions, all the issues that exist with Vanilla are eliminated.

You don't use the vanilla high res textures, with the optimized ones, they completely replace them.

Simply untick the HRDLC in Steam, job done, no issues remain.

The methods MO uses are to use it's mod isolation to allow different profiles to use the same core mod, even if one profile replaces every optimised HRDLC texture, another may not, and the user is the one who makes that decision, can see every single file used, and from which mod it is taken.

Without removing the ability to make different choices from the next profile, You are in control and can make decisions for each file if you choose to.

• 1 month later...

The Package I recommend is this

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - Optimized - 1k and 2k - Skyrim Revisited - STEP

DsOpt Optimization and Texture by Texture choices of the most Approriate quality for each plus, the original SRO had some files from the HRDLC that were unchanged duplicates of HRDLC textures. These duplicates were removed in the "optimized" version.

The Link from the Skyrim Revisited Site is to a Torrent as are most SRO Links due to size, this is the torrent Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, it is perfectly safe and though nothing is said, about who posted it, it was a customised packaged made for Skyrim Revisited.

Here's are Mega Upload Link of my copy for those not willing to use torrents

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - Optimized - 1k and 2k - Skyrim Revisited - STEP

SRO+DG_v1.6_Optimal_(1k-2k).7Z 1.85 GB (My Recommendation)

If you want the Original files They are here

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - 1k

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 1_1 1024k-5400-1-1.7z 904 MB

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Dawnguard 1024k-5400-.7z 83.2 MB

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul v1_6 Update 1024k-5400-1-6.7z 260 MB

SRO - Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - 2k

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul v1_1-5400-1-1.7z 2.53 GB

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Dawnguard-5400-.7z 281 MB

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul v1_6 Update 2048k-5400-1-6.7z 804 MB

All are original untouched copies of the Skyrim Nexus Mod, PM me if Mega links are down.

Thank you very much! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Package I recommend is this

DsOpt Optimization and Texture by Texture choices of the most Approriate quality for each plus, the original SRO had some files from the HRDLC that were unchanged duplicates of HRDLC textures. These duplicates were removed in the "optimized" version.

The Link from the Skyrim Revisited Site is to a Torrent as are most SRO Links due to size, this is the torrent Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, it is perfectly safe and though nothing is said, about who posted it, it was a customised packaged made for Skyrim Revisited.

Here's are Mega Upload Link of my copy for those not willing to use torrents

SRO+DG_v1.6_Optimal_(1k-2k).7Z 1.85 GB (My Recommendation)

All are original untouched copies of the Skyrim Nexus Mod, PM me if Mega links are down.

ty mate. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 1.7. for Special Edition: 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-realistic-overhaul/downloads

-Mod contains 10gb of high quality 2048k/4096k textures. It drastically increase quality while keeping artistic look of original textures.

-Since it has over 1500 textures and many are 4096k, it is recommended to have minimum graphic card with 3gb of video memory.
-This version is for Special Edition of Skyrim, but it can be used with original version too. 

Installation:

-Extract data folder into your Skyrim installation and overwrite.

Recommendation:

-Disable snow shader in game since it only makes textures look worse.

Content:

-Architecture
-Clutter
-Dawnguard
-Dragonborn
-Dungeons
-Effects
-Furniture
-Landscape
-Lod
-Plants
-Terrain

Permissions:

-Mod cannot be shared or changed without my permission.

Starac/Ancient.

since i got there

I think it's better than Skyrim HD - 2K, and it's also more exhaustive than NobleSkyrim.

17011011125133184.jpg

that's not the special edition sro, have just nothing better to do while downloading it (to compare with whatever i have in my bsas)

170110111312756421.jpg

170110111316664440.jpg

170110111320800652.jpg

170110111321102331.jpg

170110111322349474.jpg

170110111323575947.jpg

took 38 textures of 279 from part 3

170111051511570636.jpg

170111051510136794.jpg

170111051510707710.jpg

euh.... some ground with leaves, is that from pfucher?

170111051517491979.jpg

170111051500972875.jpg

that one it's rhds if someone want to put some snow on it

170111051503942057.jpg

170111051516681274.jpg

170111051514688452.jpg

170111051731369149.jpg

if you check closely the 4k texture under, it's copy paste of a 2k texture (uv map at scale 2 do the same without the impact on performance)

170111051730971077.jpg

170111051730356744.jpg

170111051721670844.jpg

think copy pasting that green thing on the wood is worse than doing nothing

170111051726836526.jpg

if that was me, i would have pile some books and elder scrolls in an apocrypha cell and use the screenshot as texture (but too lazy to that^^)

since i got there

I think it's better than Skyrim HD - 2K, and it's also more exhaustive than NobleSkyrim.

17011011125133184.jpg

that's not the special edition sro, have just nothing better to do while downloading it (to compare with whatever i have in my bsas)

170110111312756421.jpg

170110111316664440.jpg

170110111320800652.jpg

170110111321102331.jpg

170110111322349474.jpg

170110111323575947.jpg

took 38 textures of 279 from part 3

170111051511570636.jpg

170111051510136794.jpg

170111051510707710.jpg

euh.... some ground with leaves, is that from pfucher?

170111051517491979.jpg

170111051500972875.jpg

that one it's rhds if someone want to put some snow on it

170111051503942057.jpg

170111051516681274.jpg

170111051514688452.jpg

170111051731369149.jpg

if you check closely the 4k texture under, it's copy paste of a 2k texture (uv map at scale 2 do the same without the impact on performance)

170111051730971077.jpg

170111051730356744.jpg

170111051721670844.jpg

think copy pasting that green thing on the wood is worse than doing nothing

170111051726836526.jpg

if that was me, i would have pile some books and elder scrolls in an apocrypha cell and use the screenshot as texture (but too lazy to that^^)

What is this? 

testexturemerging

only way to not replace your textures by worse when you install something, it's to check

Some of these textures are not from my new SE mod. 

And you can't merge my textures with different mods just like that, especially landscape and architecture textures. 

Also to compare them through photoshop is not good idea. You should check them in game, how they fit with other textures, or with different light situations, etc.

testexturemerging

only way to not replace your textures by worse when you install something, it's to check

Also to compare them through photoshop is not good idea. You should check them in game, how they fit with other textures, or with different light situations, etc.

relying on your memory when you can just look for a tool to directly compare the textures?

no need to load the game to see your fails

170111074539446520.jpg

it happen to replace a texture with something that don't have a _p texture

170111074530553102.jpg

have some _n that don't match their texture, also happen to forget the _n texture (faster to just take a look than hoping you would see it in game)

170111074533648570.jpg

as for what i pick look like in game, i'll be the only judge

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20830-the-beauty-of-skyrim/?p=1767909

testexturemerging

relying on your memory when you can just look for a tool to directly compare the textures?

no need to load the game to see your fails

170111074539446520.jpg

it happen to replace a texture with something that don't have a _p texture

170111074530553102.jpg

have some _n that don't match their texture, also happen to forget the _n texture (faster to just take a look than hoping you would see it in game)

170111074533648570.jpg

as for what i pick look like in game, i'll be the only judge

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20830-the-beauty-of-skyrim/?p=1767909

Omg!?

Your English is weird, and if i understand you enough you have used some program to compare my textures with other, and discovered how my mod does not have _p textures!? You are a genius!!

My mod is not parallax mod, so it doesn't need  _p textures. Ok? My mod is for people who play normal Skyrim, not some cartoon bullshit. 

Omg!?

Your English is weird, and if i understand you enough you have used some program to compare my textures with other, and discovered how my mod does not have _p textures!? You are a genius!!

My mod is not parallax mod, so it doesn't need  _p textures. Ok? My mod is for people who play normal Skyrim, not some cartoon bullshit. 

you are butthurt so much i didn't just install your mod without checking i don't have better?

i will be the only judge if i like more texture from mod a or from mod b

and parallax it's fake 3d by etiring the texture, can make it if i feel like it, don't care if a mod don't have it (but most won't mess with that so if they have mod c nifs in their file order and they overwrite mod c texture...)

Archived