Anyone has Skyrim Realistic Overhaul?

Wadarkhu

lol we shall see, i wish i could get the cap raised would help out a bit. ill look into that but not sure if its even possible. anywho the 2k pack is currently uplaoding now and will be over an hour. the link will go active once its done and ill try and post in here as well :) cheers !

question: is anyone here using the STEP install ? im using everything in the list that can still be used including all the highest res files i can find for the SkyHD, SD and of course the SRO 2k pack lol, i have noticed tho no matter which ENB i use some of my ground coverings and snow are so bright you cant look at it. i was told this is a texture problem. hoping some of you may have this problem and found a fix for it :) thanks !

question: is anyone here using the STEP install ? im using everything in the list that can still be used including all the highest res files i can find for the SkyHD' date=' SD and of course the SRO 2k pack lol, i have noticed tho no matter which ENB i use some of my ground coverings and snow are so bright you cant look at it. i was told this is a texture problem. hoping some of you may have this problem and found a fix for it :) thanks !

[/quote']

Post a screen of it on the enb forum. They are very knowledgeable and eager to assist.

http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17

Be sure to post your enb version (117/119/12X) and the settings you are using.

Bright snow, maybe something with Bloom light detection settings?

question: is anyone here using the STEP install ? im using everything in the list that can still be used including all the highest res files i can find for the SkyHD' date=' SD and of course the SRO 2k pack lol, i have noticed tho no matter which ENB i use some of my ground coverings and snow are so bright you cant look at it. i was told this is a texture problem. hoping some of you may have this problem and found a fix for it :) thanks !

[/quote']

Yep, I find S.T.E.P. a good guide for quality mod recommendations, but I don't follow it religiously. Never had that problem though... :huh:

:idea: Incidentally, the S.T.E.P.-monkeys are apparently re-making the guide at present to account for the fact that a couple of the large-scale texture mods such as SRO are either gone or falling behind, with alternative combinations being considered. It's worth a look.

WHAT THE FUCK!

Another great mod gone ...

I've only got the 1024 version up to 1.6 inlcuding Dawnguard and no mountains.

Do we really need to make backups of all these great mods ourselves' date=' because they could be banned / deleted / whatever from one day to the other? I'm kind of pissed.

[/quote']

Nah, the whole thing was just plain silly, doesn't happen that often. Starac wanted to protest cestrals mod using some of his assets, so he pulled his mod out, then, inevitably, some ranting happened. And whenever ranting happens, you know what nexus does, with a big gleeful smile on their face - starts banning people left and right. And since nexus doesn't know the word 'sorry' either, there's little hope of SRO coming back up again.

Maybe if Starac gave his work to someone else, and they then would reupload it on Nexus - wouldn't happen tho, since nexus would ban him/her just in case it was just another alias from Starac.

:rolleyes:

Actually, Starac Deleted his mond and tried to change his mod to a Donate for update model, meaning people would essentially have to PAY for his mod if the wanted new updates. Also, The Texture Pack Combiner is a Batch file, meaning no files are actually USED when you download the TPC. It's a Program at best and it comes with nothing, Thus no resources used. The Nexus banned him because he tried to charge people for his mod. Which is illegal under Bethesda EULA. This time, the Nexus was completely justified.

Also Starac has been doing nothing but making Troll accounts to respond to others instead of doing the sensible thing and making an appeal.

Charging is against the spirit of modding and I agree it's unacceptable but it isn't sensible to ever make an appeal to the Nexus if you have been banned. The Nexus staff are insecure cowards who contribute nothing to the site. Besides, it takes 5 minutes to make an account on Nexus and there is no such thing as being perma-banned. You can have 100 accounts and upload your mod under a different name by changing certain aspects of it..not exactly hard. He and his mod could be back on right now if he wanted.

Either way it's a shame as many enjoyed the mod and will continue to do so with or without his approval/consent which ironically is what he wanted to avoid when he removed his mod in the first place......

ya this is the 1st time ive added a true link on the site so i was not sure what the cap would be, i would have to super upgrade my host package to give me uncapped speeds which i may do in the future but that would mean transferring all my sites to the new package and im not really ready to do that lol

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering what happened to his mod .. I guess I JUST must have gotten it, right before this happened on the nexus. I was going to download the 2K version +4096 mountain textures when I get my new card.. but guess that isn't happening now.

The last update I had gotten was newest version available in December + Dawnguard update 1024 versions. Everything i have is matching with SRO also .. like the better LODs, the no stretching meshes .. sad this had to happen.

Anyway anyone can contact him and bring him over here?

Phew, was looking for the SRO since I didn't find out about the Texture Pack Combiner until now (thanks to the recent update breaking the HD DLC fixes). Good ol' LL delivers again :D

Have to say, I never got peoples quest for realisem. It's a fantasy game with magic and dragons in it. Bit of an oxymoron.

I wouldn't say it's a quest for realism, it's more a quest for eye candy. Better textures is as much a way to accomplish this as better body and face mesh mods.

Archived