How to make better looking faces for Female PCs?

PerfectionX

Okay, here's the deal... (And yes, I'm aware that it's probably been asked HUNDREDS of times)

How do I make a better looking face for my Female Characters? They just look so...odd. I don't THINK I'm using any Facial Enhancement Mods, but I could be wrong. One thing I have noticed though, is that where the neck of the character transitions to the body, there's a line there, and the skin color changes. Just for safety's sake, here's my load order:

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02  Lovers with PK.esm
03  x117race.esm
04  Chanpon.esm
05  LoversCreature.esm
06  CM Partners.esm
07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
++  MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
08  Knights.esp
09  LoversFSE.esp
0A  LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
0B  LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
0C  LoversRaperS.esp
0D  Lovers with PK.esp  [Version 90]
0E  LoversAdultYield.esp
0F  LoversMagic.esp
10  LoversWhiteCatCourier.esp
11  LoversPayBandit.esp
12  LoversSlaveTrader.esp
13  LoversCreature.esp
14  DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
**  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++  x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
15  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
16  x117race.esp
++  x117Race ENG Race.esp
17  Lop-ears Elf.esp
**  UOPS Additional Changes.esp
18  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.2]
19  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.1]
1A  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.2]
1B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
1C  LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
1D  LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
1E  LSTBravilUnderground.esp
1F  CM Partners.esp
20  CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
21  CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
22  CM Partners More NPCs.esp
23  CM Partners NPC.esp
24  CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
25  Synx.esp
26  CM Athorielle.esp
27  SMChorrol.esp
28  Colourwheels_sexy_school_uniforms.esp

Thanks for any help! :D

The neck seam colour difference is a common problem with many Oblivion races. Practically all textures available show a difference in skin tone to some degree, a few more evident and others less. Since you already do have a beautification system installed ('Modular Beautiful People'), the basic framework for better-looking characters is already there. A crucial point however is this:

Have you switched off the use of facegen texturing in the Oblivion ini? There are surely downsides to this, but the overall looks of many races does profit from it as the more extreme case of neck seams will be dealt with by that.

It's important to mention not to edit the default Oblivion ini (even named like that, 'Oblivion_default') but the one the game is actually using in 'Documents\My Games\Oblivion'. That default ini is only used by the game to regenerate a new one in case you delete this file.

If you have indeed not yet switched off facegen texturing, find the eleventh line in the first block, 'bFaceGenTexturing=1' and change the 1 to 0. Close the ini file and save it. Don't confuse it with 'bUseFaceGenHeads=1' two lines above! That one should always be active, otherwise the neck seam will be even more obvious as all characters in the game will be headless... :s

And if you try it and don't like the result, the ini is easily restored by changing this tweaked setting's 0 to 1 again.

Now with this ini tweak the game is prohibited from using the age shaders and skin tone settings. Many characters that were designed as old bastards will look young, and there will be no more racial difference between all human races - Redguards will look like Imperials because they in fact are using the very same textures. There is however a mod - recently recommended by Gaebrial - that addresses this problem by making Redguards use their own set of darker textures.

Although the neck seams are less distinct with this ini tweak, it will still be there. Depending on the textures you have installed (many people are using Ozmo's high resolution textures), some races might even have next to no apparent neck seam at all. But to really get rid of it is a long and arduous crusade which involves manually editing the head and maybe even the body skin textures for every affected race.

Trying out different texture sets found all over Oblivion mod sites might also yield better results, but it's yet another process of trial and error.

And then there are mods to take the easy way out, either

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/18669 or http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/28317

Hmmm...perhaps I should've given more details.

1. The faces look too...babylike.

2. Some faces are too round.

3. The Skin Color is often weird, ranging from blue to red.

4. Redguards are white. (This doesn't bother me too much though, but it would be nice if it were normal again.)

Hmmm...perhaps I should've given more details.

1. The faces look too...babylike.

2. Some faces are too round.

3. The Skin Color is often weird' date=' ranging from blue to red.

4. Redguards are white. (This doesn't bother me too much though, but it would be nice if it were normal again.)

[/quote']

When you use NPC Face Color Unlocker, the sense of incongruity of the color may fade.

In addition, the joint of the neck thinks that it is the place that there is not of the way basically that a joint is seen to some extent because Mesh is the part which separate things contact with.

If you bring yourself by all means, you cannot but use the accessories which a different person has already written.

Most of the really pretty looking characters I've seen use a different head mesh, especially the head06 mesh is popular.

You can also have better results if you download Facegen, build a face using it and then import it into your Oblivion save file. You'll have to tweak the face a little in Oblivion afterwards, but the raw material you get this way is much better then Oblivions vanilla settings.

Archived