Credit Authors

Greetings forum

Had a lovely run in with a little something today that is still bothering me.:(

Don't know if anyone else had this, but have any of the modders had a situation where someone else wants to claim that you stole a mod from them, if you know you sat painstakingly creating something from scratch for days on end, and out of the kindness of your heart share it with the rest of the world?

This is pretty much what happened to me today, I don't mind sharing and people modding my mod, but for the life of me, don't turn around and say it is yours and accuse someone (owner of the original mod) that he/she stole it from you.

I'm quite a bit set back by this, (not that I did not expect this sort of thing to happen.) I've been modding games for years, and this is the first time that I've ever encountered this.

To those of you that do give credit to original authors of their mods, I thank you for your honesty, you're the reason why we as modders keep on modding. Thank you.

Archived