Color changing unp/unpb 3D meshed pubic hair

Wearable Pubes converted to CBBE with Bodyslide

Download the Wearable Pubes uploaded by TheOniNinja on post #77 and install. Then install mine and overwrite. REQUIRES CBBE

Included is the Bodyslide shape, set and group, so you can open Bodyslide and shape it to your favourite preset. But that REQUIRES Bodyslide and CB++

PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD IN OTHER FORUMS OR WEBSITES!

Enjoy!

attachicon.gifCBBEPubes.7z

Awesome! I was thinking about twiddling with this in outfit studio as soon as I get my computer back, but I see that people don't waste time. Now if only the object kept the color in place properly... It's kinda boring having to pop the race menu everytime you change clothes

Ah, just a head's up regarding the color reversion issue - a permanent fix for it can be scripted, but it's going to make the mod require SKSE. The "Ashara Princes of the Woods" outfit by SydneyB has a hood/wig with hair that matches the players and stays that way after quitting/unequiping. It might be worth taking a look at what he/she has done there and then trying to apply it to the pube mods here. On the mod's Nexus page, she gives permission for anybody to use any part of that mod in their own creations, provided proper credit is given.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18008/?

Though it only works for the PC, not NPCs. For them, I think the best you could do is create a bunch of different static color preset pubic hair that most closely matches the bulk of NPC hairs, then let the player craft them and equip them where appropriate on the NPCs they want.

Anyhow, I downloaded it, and I'm going to poke at it for a few hours tomorrow with a stick... see what happens.

uhh,based on Dorkdiva's meshes and TheOniNinja's great edition and guide,finally I have managed to make all the pube type into wearable pubes "D 
DL:http://www.4shared.com/rar/8sAIn_c0/WearablePubesFullOptionUNPB.html?

Some images :

XlOGa4j.jpg

1HiEFPv.jpgB23ZIYZ.jpg

Req : Any UNP based body.

How to use : Just use the console 'help pube' and additem to get 'em.

All credits goes to both of them !

//Please tell me If you two want me to take them down ^^.

I downloaded the pubes for futanari in that link, and I tried them, but for some reason it doesn't work for my character. I have all the requirements, and the color change worked with the previous version (the one that you needed to get into racemenu). I'm not sure if I'm soing something wrong here, any help? I get them all black (and more bushy than I would like, but I guess I can use the Bodyslide add-on posted previously in this thread).

I actually decided to switch to that one for the time being until I know what's wrong with the last one they posted. I would prefer to have them to follow the color of my head, but it seems this one is being a tricky bastard.

[EDIT] Didn't test it again, but... looking a second time to those pics in the futanari post thing, it loos like the hair is always really hard. I might have been mistaken by this, considering that my character has white hair, but if that's the case and the hair stays so dark, then I would have a problem.

I downloaded the pubes for futanari in that link, and I tried them, but for some reason it doesn't work for my character. I have all the requirements, and the color change worked with the previous version (the one that you needed to get into racemenu). I'm not sure if I'm soing something wrong here, any help? I get them all black (and more bushy than I would like, but I guess I can use the Bodyslide add-on posted previously in this thread).

Hmm, I'll see what I can do to help, but I just stitched the mod together from various other mods - so I'm still kind of unclear myself on the actual function of some aspects. Still learning. Anyhow, open up the console and type "Help Pube", to make sure that there is both an item listed, and a quest. The quest is a container for the scripts, so without that running, the scripts won't fire properly. If you don't see a quest code listed, make sure you have the latest version (there should be a readme in the archive). It could also be a problem with the textures, as I had some difficulty with them when I was building the mod. Check your Data\textures\actors\character\female folder and make sure your pube textures look like the ones pictured in the attachment below.

Sorry for the excessive bushiness as well, but they were selected since (I thought) they looked the best as a seam concealer. Less bushy models had a problem clearing the Schlong base or looking proper with the "bald patch" in flaccid schlongs. I'm going to work with them some more, and see if I can't find a solution for people who want more of sculpted patch.

post-209844-0-18281000-1389398056_thumb.jpg

Those certainly looks like DD/NS's pubes to me. I know they gave permission for the community to freely use their assets, but a little credit would have been nice.

Is there anything required in the meshes for the mod to work? I ask because if not then we could just pick any pube mesh we'd like and simply link the textures properly if necessary. As I asked before, there's up there already one adapted for BodySlide.

I remember clearly seeing the "quest" entry in the console. At first I tried swapping the meshes for the ones I mention, but since I didn't see any change I just reinstalled your mod and leave it clean, but I got the same issue.

I didn't check the textures, but... From what I see in your picture, aren't they too dark? Even if they indeed changed colors, it makes me wonder if the problem isn't simply that the base textures are so sark that whatever modification you do to the hue it simply shows up very dark. In the screenshots you posted, the pubic hairs were much darker than the heads, and while that might work with characters with color in their hair, in characters like mine that has white hair it's completely unrelated.

Anyways, I'll test this again just to be sure and come back with more info.

[EDIT] Okay, as I suspected, the problem appeared to be what I said: with the whitest white preset from the racemenu (I mean, not just custom pure white hair color putting all color sliders to zero, but that greyish color you can choose with the main slider), the pubes look very dark gray.

As I asked before, is there anything in the color-changing code that depends on the mesh/texture, or could I swap them by any of the ones used in the mods previously posted here to check how it fares? I'm thinking about trying that, maybe keeping the normalmap that yours use because it makes it look more realistic, but that way I'd have a smaller hair area and it wouldn't have a dark base color.

[EDIT 2] Aaand it works. Kinda. Swapping the meshes and textures from the original mod does the trick, but is not perfect. When I use the original ones, the hairs look much lighter than the head, which is not too bad since my character has a very light hair, but in darker colors it doesn't look too good. In any case, we're definitely improving.

Also, there's a little problem with your texture, because you used one that isn't flat. Since the mesh already has hairs, what your texture does is to make each hair to look like it has stripes, which maybe shades it well in darker colors, but in lighters it looks kinda weird. I'm thinking about using the original one, but take the PubHair.dds and make it a bit darker at a time till it looks as I want.

[EDIT] Okay, as I suspected, the problem appeared to be what I said: with the whitest white preset from the racemenu (I mean, not just custom pure white hair color putting all color sliders to zero, but that greyish color you can choose with the main slider), the pubes look very dark gray.

As I asked before, is there anything in the color-changing code that depends on the mesh/texture, or could I swap them by any of the ones used in the mods previously posted here to check how it fares? I'm thinking about trying that, maybe keeping the normalmap that yours use because it makes it look more realistic, but that way I'd have a smaller hair area and it wouldn't have a dark base color.

You should be able to replace the textures no problem, so long as they are in the same location and have the same file names as what I've currently included. I've just used textures that were included in some of DorkDiva's mods, and I think he released some alternate texture sets to solve a similar problem. I'm currently digging around though his stuff to see if I can find a better replacement/alternative. If you happen to come across one that looks good, let me know.

I've never actually done texture work before, but I'm thinking that maybe throwing them into grey-scale would provide a good happy medium that would work well for both dark and light hair colors.

The download from the previous page, I think it makes a good job already, but it only needs to get the base texture slightly darker. I just did that and it looks much better. I've made a single sorta Frankenstein .zip with the original texture slightly darkened by DorkDiva, the Bodyslide presets from Sunspot2, and the .esp and scripts from your link.

Wearable color pubes (Bodyslide).zip

I think it looks pretty good, althought there's still a single tiny stupid detail: if you use SGHair and/or ApachiiSkyHair, they usually have a more beige base color than the vanilla ones, so if you wanted to get the pubic hair exactly like those, I think you'd have to check any texture from these hairs and come up with the proper colors (some desaturated, pinkish beige in the case of my character).

The final step to get this perfect and awesome would be to pick the meshes that DorkDiva added in the first post and convert them to BodySlide. Maybe add them all in the game as different variants, instead of having to choose a single type.

The download from the previous page, I think it makes a good job already, but it only needs to get the base texture slightly darker. I just did that and it looks much better. I've made a single sorta Frankenstein .zip with the original texture slightly darkened by DorkDiva, the Bodyslide presets from Sunspot2, and the .esp and scripts from your link.

attachicon.gifWearable color pubes (Bodyslide).zip

I think it looks pretty good, althought there's still a single tiny stupid detail: if you use SGHair and/or ApachiiSkyHair, they usually have a more beige base color than the vanilla ones, so if you wanted to get the pubic hair exactly like those, I think you'd have to check any texture from these hairs and come up with the proper colors (some desaturated, pinkish beige in the case of my character).

The final step to get this perfect and awesome would be to pick the meshes that DorkDiva added in the first post and convert them to BodySlide. Maybe add them all in the game as different variants, instead of having to choose a single type.

Hmm, I tried the textures from the file you provided, and (on my system) it worked well on the top set of pubes, but made the bottom set turn black. So I made a few GreyScale textures, and a slightly darker greyscale normal map (since I kept getting these weird black streaks near brighter light sources) - and I think the results turned pretty good across a wide spectrum of hues. Try them with different color combinations and different light sources, and see what you think. The grey textures might actually be the ones you put in your archive... they looked pretty similar to the ones I made.

Replacement Textures for Futanari Pubes.rar

post-209844-0-24704200-1389420453_thumb.jpgpost-209844-0-44867600-1389420458_thumb.jpgpost-209844-0-92138100-1389420463_thumb.jpg

I don't have a proper .dds editing tool, only converters, so they lack an alpha channel. Let me know if it makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at merging the meshes of this into the HDT object. (It makes sense to me) It seems pretty doable, but, I'm a Nifscope virgin. Is it as simple as copy and pasting the blocks or am I insane? Would it break the HDT in the process if I don't fiddle with the havoc specific bits? (I have a rough idea of what to do, but...)

I'm sorry I don't know how would this work, but that's a pretty neat idea indeed. If you want a suggestion, if you're serious about this, you could make a mod that added three items:

1) 'HDT havok object' (as it is now) without pubes for those who don't want hair.

2) 'HDT havok pubic hair' that combine both functions, the color-changing mesh with the HDT effect, for those who want both.

3) 'Pubic hair' (as it is now) that doesn't add the HDT effect for those who don't want it.

The idea would be to be able to have those three items as separated objects that don't require us to swap mods all the time, while being able to enjoy all their functions without wasting more than one equipment slot.

(Un)fortunately when I start brainstorming I can't really stop, so this gave me a couple ideas to make a really solid, ultimate pubic hair + HDT mod. One particular problem of the wearable pubes item is that NPCs can't use it properly because the color doesn't change accordingly. Also, it would be nice to have multiple types of hair meshes, since in the OP of this thread there are four types, five if you count Sinuev2's (which I think is the hairiest one, but I didn't try the others).

The mod could feature the following things:

1) HDT Havoc Object without pubes, to be used for either PC or NPCs without pubic hair.

2) A set of color-changing, HDT-enabled, pubic hairs for the main character with the 4~5 different mesh types.

3) Another set of color-changing, non-HDT pubic hairs with the different meshes as well.

4) Another set of HDT enabled pubic hairs with the different meshes, and also with different color textures that match vanilla hair colors for NPCs.

5) Yet another set of non-HTD pubic hairs with the different meshes and textures.

This would add a fucking huge amount of objects to the game, but honestly, after seeing the Bandolier mod, that doesn't seem to much of an issue. Maybe we could reduce the meshes to three (landing strip, bush and default), and add only dark brown, blonde, red and white colors. That would still make 6 items for PC and 24 items for NPCs, but I don't think this would be too difficult considering that it only needs three meshes and four (five for the color-changing) textures. All the work would be making the crapton of items in the .esp file.

Ok, crazy idea, but don't tell me it wouldn't be cool. In any case I'd be happy with a color-changing, HDT havoc item for sure. I hope you pull it off.

• 4 weeks later...

So I am using Update 2 of the color changing bush, when I go into racemenu and change my hair color in game, it changes ALL females bush to that color as well, was that meant to happen? Looks odd when I have bright pink hair and bush and so does everyone else, cept their hair is normal still.

Also is there a way to use this mod without having it change body shape. I use dimonized UNP and then UNPB with TBBP support for breasts, they are more rounded without the mod and a bit more teardrop shaped with this mod installed because it changes the body shape a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hi ppl hi DorkDiva

i got a request 

i just started to play skyrim again and i was useing till now unp / b bodys

but now as i started tottaly new i thought well lets get a change and play with CBBE bodys now and now comes my problem... I CANT GET DorkDivas MOD TO WORK ON CBBE...

i like this mod as it worked for me on all NPCs aswell without equiping anything (when i used UNP)

pls im a noob (less then a noob as i have no clue about moding) could someone help me with that? PLS ppl

hi ppl hi DorkDiva

i got a request 

i just started to play skyrim again and i was useing till now unp / b bodys

but now as i started tottaly new i thought well lets get a change and play with CBBE bodys now and now comes my problem... I CANT GET DorkDivas MOD TO WORK ON CBBE...

i like this mod as it worked for me on all NPCs aswell without equiping anything (when i used UNP)

pls im a noob (less then a noob as i have no clue about moding) could someone help me with that? PLS ppl

These is a CBBE version at the top of the previous page. Read the topic there are many versions of this.

• 5 months later...

I just found this beauty but I am having trouble getting the hair to appear. I use UNPB base body with the Nighthelm Race and Racemenu with Mod Organizer. I followed instructions but there is no where I can customize or place the hair at all. My first question would be is this compatible with Racemenu and second is it compatible with custom races? Sorry if these sound like dumb newb questions I just came back after a half year hiatus from the game and modding is slow. :s

I just found this beauty but I am having trouble getting the hair to appear. I use UNPB base body with the Nighthelm Race and Racemenu with Mod Organizer. I followed instructions but there is no where I can customize or place the hair at all. My first question would be is this compatible with Racemenu and second is it compatible with custom races? Sorry if these sound like dumb newb questions I just came back after a half year hiatus from the game and modding is slow. :s

You can try this one: The Painted Lady *REDONE*

I will give this a try. Thank you. :)

You can try this one: The Painted Lady *REDONE*

Hy thanks for the mod its werry nice. But i have a problem with it, i hope u can help me. When im installing your mod its apear inmedietly in my character (and looks great :) ) but when i try to enter the race menu the game freez... Every time. Any ide what i need to do? (Sorry for my bad english gramatic)

• 5 months later...

uhh,based on Dorkdiva's meshes and TheOniNinja's great edition and guide,finally I have managed to make all the pube type into wearable pubes "D 

Some images :

XlOGa4j.jpg

1HiEFPv.jpgB23ZIYZ.jpg

does some one has a working link for that on NOT an asshole server?

• 1 year later...

Some images :

XlOGa4j.jpg

1HiEFPv.jpgB23ZIYZ.jpg

Way late to the game. I would also love a new link .. if you're even still active at all D: