CBBE/CB++/TBBP knowledge database

dauf

Updated the 18/04/2013

To be short you need to:

entirely read the description http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32731

- set the slidergroups correctly (see frequent issues section)

- a skeleton with TBBP support like http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800 (if you want it of course)

- run FNIS

- bless stuffed_bunny, caliente and chronotrigger.

Install order

I recommend to manually merge your files in a temp "caliente tools" folder then to copy it in data folder. if you use Wrye, you have to select "has extra directories" and check the skipped tab. Wrye never instal exe files.

1. FNIS (if you want TBBP)

2. CBBE (facepack is in options folder)
3. originals armor packs as seen in cb++ description (at least Mak's pack from chronotrigger and CBBE armor pack from caliente)
4. cb++ files (8 files)
5. skeleton.

Bodyslide guide

1) open bodyslide++

2) in sliderset select "CB++body" "CB++body TBBP" or "CB++body BBP", no files required.

3) choose a preset or do it yourself

4) save your preset in the Sliderpresets folder

5) "Batchbuild groups" => select the packs you installed.

6) Build this body

7) close, run FNIS and play

Frequent issues

- To fix the batchbuild errors, you will have to clean the Slidergroups files from the armors you didn't install, edit with notepad or notepad++. Once you have cleaned them, you should know which groups you have to batchbuild to cover all armors. 

- Don't batchbuild cb++ body, use the "build this body" button instead.

Some armors are in different packs, the last to be batchbuilded will win, so you can decide of an order. For example, batchbuild KillerKeo first then caliente then Mak. If you have time, you can edit slidergroups to mix the pack and to batchbuild in only one run. I know some mix are already existing but i don't remember where.

- To check you correctly installed an armor: Open the Sliderset file, read the "setfolder" and the "sourcefile" entries, and check you can find  the sourcefile in shapedata/setfolder/. (The "outputpath" and "outputfile" entries, let you find the file created by bodyslide in your data folder after you run it).

- Save your preset in the Sliderpresets folder.

- To convert a preset for a body to an other: copy your preset xml file, edit with notepad and change the set=... entry on the second line.

For exemple set="cb++" ==> set="cb++ TBBP".

Texture mods i use

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26113 + http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16731 + http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27466  and optional but always cool http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28946. Recommended instal order.

Use texblend lite provided in CBBE to fix the neck seam and http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27352 for more options.

There is no argonian texture in CBBE, you can find some here  http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2995

I can't tell you anything more, just ask to the authors of the different mods.

good luck :D

old post

Guide for CBBE/CB++/TBBP (01/12/12)

The main goal of this post is to let anyone install these masterpiece mods but also to gather all the informations/tricks concerning them.
The best way to install files here is to unzip files in a temporary place, to make your own pack and to copy it manually or with wrye bash. Automatic install will probably fuck you.

I. Files you will need for a full install

1) CBBE A female body replacer for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 
required files:
- CBBE v3.2.3 (bodyslide is included)
optional:
- sporty sexy map : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13377

- coverwomen : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3563
- textures : no argonians textures included in the main CBBE, you can find some here:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4686
Some alternative worthy textures for CBBE i know :
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6554
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27466

2) CB++ (34 extra sliders for CBBE) + outfit support
required files:
- main cbbe (see above)
- CB++ files (body, outfits, ported outfits, amulets, footwear)
optional:
- bodyslide++ variant UI for bodyslide, put it with bodyslide.exe
- original armors for outfits pack (caliente vanilla outfit, remodeled armors by chronotrigger77, 2 tera armors, 3 lustdesign armors, nobleclothes, TheGreenLion armor).
Take at least caliente vanilla outfit and chronotrigger77's pack as they cover lot of vanilla armors.
You will have to delete the armors you didn't installed from the CB++Groups_Outfits.xml. To do this go to /CalienteTools/bodyslide/Slidersgroups/ open cb++Groups_outfits.xml with notepad or notepad++ and delete the uninstalled armors from the group "cb++ outfits".

3) TBBP A New BBP Simulation
required files:
- FNIS (2 files)
- main TBBP files (first download link)
- a TBBP compatible Skeleton, example XP32.
optional:
- various TBBP idles, see TBBP post. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=11463

II. Recommended install order

1. CBBE
2. originals armor packs
3. cb++ files
4. tbbp files
5. skeleton.

III. installation tips

- CB++ and TBBP are both optional, only CBBE is always required.
- You can use NMM script to install the main cbbe file but it's not recommended for the other bodyslide related files, a manual installation would be better. The final bodyslide.exe path should be "Skyrim/Data/CalienteTools/bodyslide/"
- if you install cbbe without cb++, you will still need some armor packs:
Caliente vanilla outfits (all main files) and/or Remodeled armor for cbbev3 by chronotrigger77
Without any armor packs, the armors will keep the vanilla shape
- For advanced users it's recommended to set up your groups by yourself even if you installed all the armors (/CalienteTools/bodyslide/Slidersgroups/). Some armors are provided by more than one pack, you can choose which one you prefer.
-If you installed TBBP, don't forget to run the "GenerateFNISforUsers.exe" at \skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\ at the end.

IV. how to use bodyslide and make your own custom female body

- launch bodyslide.exe
- select body :
for CBBE: "calientebody", "calientebodybbp" or "calientenevernude"
for CB++: "cb++", "cb++bbp" or "cb++ undies"
for TBBP: "CalientebodyplusTBBP" or "cb++ TBBP"
- choose a preset or set the sliders (use preview to see the changes)
- save the modified preset in the SliderPresets folder
- Create bodies and batchbuild the armors:
for CBBE: CalienteClothing, CalienteSoldier and CalienteArmor
for CB++: cb++ outfits, cb++ ported, cb++ footwear and cb++ amulets
- close bodyslide

V. Other things

Jeir is maintaining a full list of cbbe armors on the main cbbe page > discussion tab > CBBE Compatible Files
Same thing for bodyslide compatible armors by evilsage4 http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7788

Sunspot2 did an interesting work to allow more variation in the girls shape.http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13644

Reducer posted his own slidergroups setup here, it allows to use different bodies for different types of armors.

I will also try to list here as much presets as i can. To install a preset copy the xml file in /CalienteTools/bodyslide/sliderpresets/.
- for cbbe
bodyslide extra presets
jasmine bodyslide preset
Fitness bodyslide
bobrockstar
- for cb++
mine ^^
budhapelle's preset preset shared by budhapelle on the cb++ topic
stygian body from the Trykz' custom race mods post.

VI. Frequent issue

- can't save bodyslide preset: save your preset in the Sliderpresets folder.
- "failure to save bodies" when trying to batch the armors: the xml file of the Slidergroup contain armors you didn't installed. Install the armor or edit the xml with notepad. CB++ outfit group come with 2 versions of mak armors, you probably just need the VR one (vanilla replacer).
- saggy butt: install a compatible TBBP skeleton but don't overwrite the skeleton_female.hkx of the TBBP files or restore it after.
- where to find bodyslide 1.5: for now it's only inside CBBE 3.2
- How to convert a preset for a body to an other: copy your preset xml file, edit with notepad and change the set=... entry on the second line.
For exemple set="cb++" ==> set="cb++ TBBP"
- How to make an armor bodyslidable: caliente released a tutorial , but this is for advanced modders only, i think. Stuffed_bunny (god bless him) also released some tools here.

I am not a native english speaker, if you don't understand something here, tell it, i will try to improve it. But if you have a problem related to one of the mods listed here, you will probably have more chance by asking directly on the author's thread.

If you think some good textures, presets or armors packs are missing here, tell it !

I like helpthreads. Will link to this one.

Hmm... and possibly add some guidance of my own? Maybe later. :)

Yeah, one evening i decided to put everything i got in one post. It is ugly and badly writed, but there are lot of links and bugs fixes, if it can be useful for someone, it's cool. At least it's useful for me. I have as much memory as a fish.

If you want to use it or take it, i don't know how, do it. More time you can save, more time you can work for us !!!! :D

hi people' date=' can you link some popular TBBP outfits\armour please

i find only sovngarde and corrupted TBBP armors by slickrick

but i wanna more :) MOOOAR

please help me :)

[/quote']

The sovngarde TBBP armor isn't bodyslidable, that make it nothing more than a teaser. A very good teaser if you ask me. ^^

But i won't link it here as it isn't part of a complete playable thing.

Lot of the conversions you can find on the forum aren't compatible with anything, as pretty as they can be. So you will have to choose between the bodyslide things or the independant conversions.

Why kidding ? No you are right ! I update it immediatly. ^^

In fact' date=' i always used Caliente's textures so i don't know lot of textures packs.

[/quote']

I was kidding about the "amazing" part. I can't praise something that was done by myself (even if I think I did an amazing job). There's not much credit, y'know?

Oh, but you can read the user's comments on the Comments section!! And some of them even uploaded screenshots on the Images section. Damn hot ones if you ask me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LL community!

I'm a longtime lurker here and the main reason for that is I simply don't have anything to contribute.

Anyway, this Bodyslide thing seemed always very intimidating, so I skipped it till now.

Aaaaand it seems like for a good reason, since I cannot get this to work!

I've re-run the whole instructions guide three times now and everytime it throws me one step back.

First I had the "failed to save body" problem and couldn't fix it. Apparently it has something to do with missing armors. Well I downloaded every single link in the first post - even things I didn't want in the first place - but still no luck.

Btw: The Preview-Buttons in bodyslide don't work.

OK, uninstalled everything and startet anew: twice now.

The stage I am now is: the same error keeps coming, previews don't work and ontop of that, all sliders are gone when selecting C++ TBBP! They showed up before, now they don't.

So I'm at a loss here.

Can someone please help me?

How did you install bodyslide files ?

Like i said automatic install can fuck you as badyslide is in a custom folder. Best is to unzip your files in a temporary folder and manually copy it. It won't mess your skyrim install as it's in an independant folder, you can copy and delete it as much as you want.

For the "failure to save body" when you batch, the best way to fix it is to open the xml files in slidergroups folder and to make different tests to see which armor isn't working. But if you don't have the previews it's probably because armors haven't been installed at all.

edit : there are new updates for cb++. I still didn't test it but make sure you use the good version of chronotrigger's pack with the good version of cb++ outfit. If it doesn't work, go punch the bunny in the nose.

edit2: An other way to be sure you correctly installed the armors is to open the slidersets xml, you will find here the source folder and file. For example calarmorforsworn use the calforswornarmorf.nif in shapedata/calarmorforsworn/. If the file isn't here, you didn't installed it correctly. But it's a desperate move, use it just before you commit suicide.

@dauf:

Thanks for the reply.

I've installed everything manually. Did that too for all Oblivion mods before.

The "suicide" method is actually quite appealing :), because it helps me to understand the system behind it. That's my main problem. For example there are a lot of files in the opening post, that don't have any meshes/texture folders in them. Just the Bodyslide structure. But I don't know if that is normal or not.

So what I want the most is a way to like trace the armors bodyslide wants to do, but can't do because they are missing. On a side note: Taht would be really cool if bodyslide would show the files it's working on and leave a "failed" status or something.

@nightjerk53:

Thanks to you too.

I will look at everything again as soon as I get home.

EDIT:

OK, question for better understanding:

If I create a temp folder structure (E:\CalienteTools\BodySlide) and have only CalTeraHeavy4 in it, why do I still get no preview picture and still "failed to save bodies"?

I just tested. With just main cbbe + caltera + cb++ outfit in a temp folder, i have the preview.

for the failure to save body, caltera is a part of the cb++ outfit group and like i said you have to delete all the others armors from the group and of course batchbuild only this group if you didn't installed the others.

In my temp folder it worked.

edit: yes it's normal than lot of files don't have meshes folder as the meshes are created by bodyslide. Bodyslide use its own "meshes" folder, it's bodyslide/shapedata/

Alright, scraped everything again and now I have a working preview window and TBBP Sliders! :D

Seems like the "failed to save bodies" error comes as soon as something is wrong in any way. Doesn't matter if armors are missing or not.

Because as soon as the preview windows worked, the error was gone too. Even though I haven't armor-releated files installed to make the preview work.

So for now it seems like everything is working. Thanks man!

EDIT:

OK there is one more thing:

I lose BBP/TBBP effect on all armors/clothes that bodyslide creates - except the femalebody.nif files. So when I'm naked, TBBP is there, but that's it.

Any clues?

Alright' date=' scraped everything again and now I have a working preview window and TBBP Sliders! :D

Seems like the "failed to save bodies" error comes as soon as something is wrong in any way. Doesn't matter if armors are missing or not.

Because as soon as the preview windows worked, the error was gone too. Even though I haven't armor-releated files installed to make the preview work.

So for now it seems like everything is working. Thanks man!

EDIT:

OK there is one more thing:

I lose BBP/TBBP effect on all armors/clothes that bodyslide creates - except the femalebody.nif files. So when I'm naked, TBBP is there, but that's it.

Any clues?

[/quote']

Armors are still not tbbp ready. You can't do anything about it for now. I am glad that it works for you, but it would be nice if you could help to improve the main post and tell what wasn't clear.

Is there any preset with cleavage and pushup sliders?

I am not sure to understand the question.

If you want some cleavage and pushup sliders, cb++ has some.

If you want to add cleavage to some armors you can use reducer's work http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6900&pid=268231#pid268231

He ordered the armors by type so you can use different presets for different groups of armors. Some with more cleavage, some without...

I am not sure his work is uptodate but you can still do it by yourself. You just need notepad.

I am glad that it works for you' date=' but it would be nice if you could help to improve the main post and tell what wasn't clear.

[/quote']

I would gladly do that if I could pinpoint what was wrong in the first place.

I have now tried to reproduce the problem. I have it now but I can't say if it really was the same error as before.

From what I think the problem is:

If you download the bodyslide.exe and extract it together with the various armor sets, it won't work. You get no preview windows and get the "failed to save bodies" error.

The reason for this is, one still need the files from the CBBE Main package.

This in itself is confusing, even though it is clearly stated under "required files", one has to ask: If I simply want bodyslide to work, why would I need a 120MB big body replacer package, that is not even installed in the same folders?

And the answer is: Because some needed bodyslide files are in that package too.

I don't know if that was my problem too. Also I couldn't reproduce the TBBE preset "Yes", but sliders "No" problem.

As for improvement of the opening post, I would add a simple install order with focus on an initial bodyslide setup. With the excact file names you download from Nexus or LL and the written term you see on the linked page. They will change with Updates yes, but they still give a direction.

For example:

1. Caliente Female Body Mod BBE v3-2 (Caliente Female Body Mod BBE v3-2-2666-3-2-3.7z)

You need the texture/meshes folders as normal but be sure to extract the bodyslide folder too. If you don't know how to install body replacers in the first place, follow the instructions on the Nexus or the readme.

2. CB++ Body v0.9.2 (CB++ Body v0.9.2.zip)

3. etc........

This method also eliminates an over-reliance on other threads and how good or how easy to navigate they are. Because if you have the written term or the file name, you could easily search for it.

Again, that is what I would do. Maybe there are better way to do it or I was just too dump to begin with :blush:

Well, bodyslide is a program which let you customize the CBBE body, so obviously CBBE body is required.

I think you problem was that you didn't know Caliente made bodyslide a part of the main cbbe mod beside to put it as an independant download and you didn't know where to find it.

For the install order and the listing of the files, it's what my main post is but it's sooooooo big that it's hard to understand it. I will try to had the files name. For the link it's hard to be more accurate as i have to respect the author's work.

Archived