Misplaced Eye Sockets

BananaMage

I've been having this problem for a while now and I would like to do something about it, I'm having NPCs with their eye sockets placed below their eyes, so I'm assuming there's something I may have actually overwritten that causes this.

Either way, here's my load order, if there's any mod I'm missing, feel free to tell me, if there's something I placed wrong, do tell me as well.

Also I'm gonna add in a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02  x117race.esm
03  Lovers with PK.esm
04  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.33]
05  X.Races.Comp.esm
06  Kvatch Rebuilt.esm
07  Oblivion Sexualized Monsters.esm
08  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
++  MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
09  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.33]
0A  DMRA Stock Clothing Skimpy.esp
0B  CollectionApparel.esp
0C  MergedClothingAndArmor.esp
0D  MergedSorrowWeapons.esp
0E  HGEC Shemales.esp
0F  LustyBretonnianMaid.esp
10  Demonic Monstera.esp
11  HentaiDarkLilith.esp
12  CSRBW.esp
13  CWF43.esp
14  Warglaives by Jojjo v1.0.esp  [Version 1.0]
15  Tyrael Armor.esp
16  R18PN - Bs Bondage.esp
17  TERAequipment.esp
18  ArchmageSorceress.esp
19  EY_AoD.esp
1A  Strap-ons.esp
1B  Slaveknight armor.esp
1C  DarkSeducerGoldenSaintArmor.esp
1D  Gizmodian - Eclipse.esp
1E  Juliajeans.esp
1F  Ogre armor.esp
20  HGEC Latex Ninja Armor V1.1.esp
21  LeatherArmor.esp
22  DeathTailarmors.esp
23  Shdw_Armor Set_Sotonhorian.esp
24  ArmamentariumArmor.esp
25  JG Elven.esp
26  UFF & RM Assassin Elite Armor.esp
27  Fall Hair Wig - EV.esp
28  Khajiit Wigs.esp
29  SD2011.esp
2A  Apachii_Wigs_MaleFemale.esp
2B  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
++  Kvatch Rebuilt - OOO Compatibility.esp
**  OSM-All Genders.esp
2C  AutoSetBody.esp
2D  Knights.esp
2E  LoversFSE.esp
2F  LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp
30  LoversRaperS.esp
31  LoversJoburg.esp
32  LoversBed.esp
33  LoversPayBandit.esp
34  LoversPower.esp
35  LoversContraception.esp
36  Lovers with PK.esp  [Version 90]
37  LoversSpermSplashEx.esp
38  LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
39  LoversRapeSlave.esp
3A  LoversAdultYield.esp
3B  LoversSlavePlay.esp
3C  LoversTachiCat2.esp
3D  LoversSoundVolumeDown.esp
3E  LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp
3F  LoversHideMenus.esp
40  LoversStopCombatEx.esp
41  LoversBackup2.esp
42  SetBody.esp
43  Elemental Horses.esp
44  CapesandCloaks.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
**  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++  x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
45  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
46  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp
47  x117race.esp
++  x117Race ENG Race.esp
48  Lop-ears Elf.esp
49  MadCompanionshipSpells.esp  [Version 2.5]
4A  MCS extension.esp
4B  HumantouchNPC.esp
4C  HUDCompanions.esp
4D  From2ch Lives.esp
4E  zzEstrus.esp
4F  Sex Shop.esp
50  Vtoy.esp
51  Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
52  Oonas_Outfitters.esp
53  Hiyoko_Store.esp
54  Blackmarket.esp
55  Colourwheels Sexy Dark brotherhood.esp
56  Colourwheels Sexy Tavern HGEC.esp
57  Colourwheels Sexy Skyrim Outpost HGEC.esp
58  Colourwheels Sexy Ayelid Shrine.esp
59  HentaiLovelyHouse.esp
5A  Rumare View Farm.esp
5B  ModeFarm.esp
5C  MAGoldenSunCottage.esp
5D  Pine Lodge ver2.esp
5E  Pinewood.esp
5F  RetburyVillage.esp
60  RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
61  SkipChargen.esp
62  AttributesEasy.esp
63  More Training-1908.esp
64  NaRae Pose - 02.esp
65  Imperishable Varla Stones.esp
66  Soul Gem Spell.esp
67  demonocus-resurrectspell.esp
68  Water Nymphs.esp
69  MCaleb's_Decompose_Corpse_v1.2.esp
6A  Expanded Hotkeys and Spell Delete v1.0.esp
6B  Expanded Hotkeys Brief Equip Message.esp
6C  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
6D  DLCHorseArmor.esp
6E  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
6F  DLCOrrery.esp
70  DLCSpellTomes.esp
71  DLCThievesDen.esp
72  DLCVileLair.esp
73  DLCFrostcrag.esp
74  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
75  LoversMB2.esp
76  Lovers3dorgasmMB2.esp
77  LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
78  Lovers3dorgasm.esp
79  LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

You have a body texture which is not compatible with your current body mod.

Which body mod did you install?

Do you mean the skeleton? Because as I mentioned in another thread, I'm new to this modding, because I'm using the Universal Skeleton Nif, as available here :

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37596

Also thanks for the fast reply.

EDIT:

Alright so I did notice now when starting a new game, my latest mod From 2Chan Lives adds custom races and they're the ones with the problem with the sockets, as my other races (including custom ones) do seem to be right, so for the time being, I will have to find a different mod that adds a decent amount of NPCs to my game.

Well, one of the first things you need to do is run BOSS (better oblivion sorting software). Official DLC esp files should be at the very top of your load order and NOT at the bottom.

Colourwheels mods need to be up above the mbp esp files.

X.Races.Comp.esm <--don't know what this is but it could be part of the problem.

You will need to rebuild your bashed patch after making these adjustments.

Oh, the body is just that...the body. What body did you install as your default body for females? HGEC, DMRA....what? Skeletons are completely separate.

Well' date=' one of the first things you need to do is run BOSS (better oblivion sorting software). Official DLC esp files should be at the very top of your load order and NOT at the bottom.

Colourwheels mods need to be up above the mbp esp files.

X.Races.Comp.esm <--don't know what this is but it could be part of the problem.

You will need to rebuild your bashed patch after making these adjustments.

Oh, the body is just that...the body. What body did you install as your default body for females? HGEC, DMRA....what? Skeletons are completely separate.

[/quote']

Gonna have to check up on that because I have absolutely no idea, I just followed your complete tutorial for setting up Lovers from scratch ( The one that was more or less idiot-proof ) and I was redirected to something, I'll be back soon with the answer ( I hope ).

EDIT:

This is the one you directed me to in the tutorial.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/10171

and the problem with BOSS is that for some reason it won't accept my folder structure, because I have my Oblivion placed somewhere else and for some reason it will not work properly with my defined path, but I'm assuming there's something ridiculously stupid I'm missing.

I'm gonna try it again though because I'm getting tired of all this sorting I keep doing wrong.

EDIT: Boss worked, but it could not help me :(

It's exactly like Ark says, the (facial) texture isn't compatible with this head mesh.

The characteristical 'cheek ridges' and dented lower lip of the depicted character identify the mesh as a variant of the 'Head 06'.

Unfortunately it needs its own special texture which is quite different from the ones that work with Ren head variants and other head meshes.

To really fix these NPCs, you would have to manually overwrite the texture of this/these particular race(s) with a 'Head 06'-compatible one. Varenne posted the IMO ultimate textures here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7221&pid=189354#pid189354

It's recommended to grab and install the body skin as well in order to avoid a visible difference between hi-rez face and blurry body texture.

'X.Races.Comp.' should be the Xenius races package. It adds a lot of new and colourful races, most peculiar all of them are using the 'Head 06'. So you could in theory also copy skin sets you like from this mod. Keep in mind though that Xenius race textures are found in the folder 'Data\Textures\00_Xenius\Races' as opposed to the 'Characters' folder.

For an alternative (and less problematic since you have all the necessary files installed) NPC mod I'm going to PM you.

Edit: I would PM you if only I could... Please change your user settings to enable private messages.

It's exactly like Ark says' date=' the (facial) texture isn't compatible with this head mesh.

The characteristical 'cheek ridges' and dented lower lip of the depicted character identify the mesh as a variant of the 'Head 06'.

Unfortunately it needs its own special texture which is quite different from the ones that work with Ren head variants and other head meshes.

To really fix these NPCs, you would have to manually overwrite the texture of this/these particular race(s) with a 'Head 06'-compatible one. Varenne posted the IMO ultimate textures here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7221&pid=189354#pid189354

It's recommended to grab and install the body skin as well in order to avoid a visible difference between hi-rez face and blurry body texture.

'X.Races.Comp.' should be the Xenius races package. It adds a lot of new and colourful races, most peculiar all of them are using the 'Head 06'. So you could in theory also copy skin sets you like from this mod. Keep in mind though that Xenius race textures are found in the folder 'Data\Textures\00_Xenius\Races' as opposed to the 'Characters' folder.

For an alternative (and less problematic since you have all the necessary files installed) NPC mod I'm going to PM you.

Edit: I would PM you if only I could... Please change your user settings to enable private messages.

[/quote']

Thank you for the advise, I will take a look at that and see if I can understand the way those IMO Ultimate Textures work, as for my PMs, I will enable them, at the moment I'm rather unsure about this 2Ch. Lives Mod so anything else would be nice, however due to me being stupid, I corrupted my saves and did something to my mod load order trying to restore everything ( I just cannot seem to stop making things worse ), and now I have a mod that keeps showing up as a red line, which would be fixed by redating it but somehow it does not. But I'm still willing to try, what doesn't kill my game only makes it better.

EDIT : Alright so I downloaded this Krista Lady Mod Textures thing for the faces and skin, but it just gives me the following folder structure inside the .RAR = Textures/(HGEC Files, Hands, Body, ...), and the problem is that I did not have any HGEC Files here before, so I cannot overwrite anything, I'm just gonna try to paste it in that folder and see if it works, and if it does I will report it here.

Status update - It did not work, I'm assuming I need to paste these HGEC Files into a different folder.

Sorry for causing needless confusion by the half-assed, slightly unclear wording of my post.

The textures are the HGEC skins by Russian modding legend KrisTa, in my opinion the ultimate in detailed high resolution textures.

They are more of a modder's resource, with Photoshop files included for customizing. I used them on a copy of Moonshadow Elves for example to have both the original race and KrisTa's über-realistic look at my disposal. They can be assigned to any race which is using the 'Head06'.

The reason why they didn't work - their file names are to blame. HGEC's body skin is always named 'footfemale' with a matching normal map 'footfemale_n'. The other textures for the body are named 'handfemale' and 'handfemale_n'. The folder where you have put these files is very probably the right one, the files just have to be renamed according to the file names I mentioned above.

For the face it's the same deal. I think the 'H6FaceV3' textures should match your race's head mesh. Rename the KrisTa files to whatever the original facial textures are named. For a human race it's normally 'headhuman'/'headhuman_n' and 'earshuman/earshuman_n'. If all file names are identical to the ones from the files you are replacing, the race will be fixed at long last.

Though you might need to run an archive invalidation first to force the game to use these textures.

Sorry for causing needless confusion by the half-assed' date=' slightly unclear wording of my post.

The textures are the HGEC skins by Russian modding legend KrisTa, [i']in my opinion[/i] the ultimate in detailed high resolution textures.

They are more of a modder's resource, with Photoshop files included for customizing. I used them on a copy of Moonshadow Elves for example to have both the original race and KrisTa's über-realistic look at my disposal. They can be assigned to any race which is using the 'Head06'.

The reason why they didn't work - their file names are to blame. HGEC's body skin is always named 'footfemale' with a matching normal map 'footfemale_n'. The other textures for the body are named 'handfemale' and 'handfemale_n'. The folder where you have put these files is very probably the right one, the files just have to be renamed according to the file names I mentioned above.

For the face it's the same deal. I think the 'H6FaceV3' textures should match your race's head mesh. Rename the KrisTa files to whatever the original facial textures are named. For a human race it's normally 'headhuman'/'headhuman_n' and 'earshuman/earshuman_n'. If all file names are identical to the ones from the files you are replacing, the race will be fixed at long last.

Though you might need to run an archive invalidation first to force the game to use these textures.

You've already done a lot for me, but I have no idea what or where to replace, I'm assuming for starters you mean I need to rename for example 'HGEC Hi-Res Body.dds' to 'footfemale.dds' and leave it be?

I didn't overwrite anything when I first pasted those files in there so I don't have anything to compare it to, there wasn't anything.

As for the headpart, I have absolutely no idea how to rename that.

I have for example 'ear.dds', does that become 'earshuman' ? And do I leave it in the same folder, and am I supposed to do it for all races ? I don't even know what race those ears would be for ... As I've mentioned before, I'm a leek to modding.

And when you mentioned Archive Invalidation, I had no idea what that was.

In the meantime I have installed the mod to get a better look at its files.

It's a bit more complicated than expected (isn't that always the case?), so I've sent you a PM with my observations and thoughts.

What it mainly boils down to is this:

The mod has its own texture folder, this is where any replacement textures would have to be pasted to, as opposed to 'normal' race mods that use the standard 'Characters' texture folder. Just the same as with the Xenius compilation or Bella races, probably to avoid too much cluttering. Though it actually makes no difference if either the 'Characters' folder or the 'Textures' folder gets cluttered :).

I am now posting this for others to be aware that Poontank has contacted me and provided me with a better alternative, I no longer require 'From 2Ch. Lives'.

In my opinion, this workaround counts to me as 'Problem Solved'.

Should anyone have a similar problem, do feel free to post in this thread, I just wanted to mention that I am more than pleased by the helpfulness of this community.

More specific, by the above posters.

For me this thread can be either closed or removed, or left open for possible future solutions for other people.

Thanks.

I am now posting this for others to be aware that Poontank has contacted me and provided me with a better alternative' date=' I no longer require 'From 2Ch. Lives'.

Thanks.

[/quote']

Its a shame you're having problems with From2Ch Lives - for me its an essential mod.

Have you tried placing F2LHideRaces.esp below all of your From2CH mods?

Also, if you use a batched patch, try disabling all From2CH files before re-building it. I had issue previously when I included the F2Ch mods in my Bashed Patch.

I've included my load order in the spoiler if you're interested. From2CH mods are in Bold Red.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02  Kvatch Rebuilt.esm
03  Lovers with PK.esm
04  LoversCreature.esm
05  x117race.esm
06  Chanpon.esm
07  Hair Style Master.esm
08  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.1]
09  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0A  UOPS Additional Changes.esp