CTD in imperial city market district

So I have the strangest CTD issue in the imperial city. It's been plaguing me throughout this install of oblivion. It doesn't happen right away on a new game; but shortly after a new game starts ( like say I leave, and come back a few hours later ) I get guaranteed crashed in the imperial city. It's not even the whole market district, it's just one end, like if I even look at that side of the market, boom CTD; as long as I'm facing the other side of the market it's okay.

note: this crash may also be happening in other parts of the imperial city, I've just been going to the market to test if it happens; when it first started happening I did notice that it was happening in other parts of the city as well

No clue what could be causing it... thought I had it nailed at one point, but then it happened again.

It seems to happen at any point 1 day after I start a new game ( 1 day of game time ). The way I've been testing it is, I start a new game, go through the alternate start stuff, walk to market district, then I coc testinghall, them fast travel from there to skingrad, where I wait for 24 hours. Then when I fast travel back to the market district, the crash happens.

Here's the information I got for ya, let me know if you need anything else. Thank you in advance to anyone who spends there time trying to help me figure this out.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02  Lovers with PK.esm
03  LoversCreature.esm
04  Toaster Says Share v3.esm
05  x117race.esm
06  Chanpon.esm
07  RealisticLeveling.esm
08  LoversCreature.esp
09  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.2]
0A  UOPS Additional Changes.esp
0B  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
0C  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
0D  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0E  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.1]
0F  the punished girlbox.esp
10  VipCxj_AirSystem.esp
11  Crowded Cities 15.esp  [Version modified]
12  DLCHorseArmor.esp
13  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
14  DLCOrrery.esp  [Version modified]
15  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
16  DLCVileLair.esp  [Version modified]
17  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
18  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp  [Version modified]
19  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
1A  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
**  DMRA Stock Clothing Skimpy.esp
1B  DMRA Stock Armor Skimpy.esp
1C  DMRA  Skimpy Armor Expanded.esp
**  DMRA Stock Robe Skimpy Replacer.esp
1D  DLCThievesDen.esp  [Version modified]
1E  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
1F  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
20  Cannibalism.esp
21  Abriael_Human.esp
22  HTBMondsteinShop.esp
23  DLCFrostcrag.esp
24  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
25  Knights.esp  [Version modified]
26  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.2]
27  MONSTERGIRL-ANGELICALLIANCE.esp
28  MONSTERGIRL-NECROMANCER MOON.esp
29  MONSTERGIRL-DEMON HIVE.esp
2A  MONSTERGIRL-AMAZON.esp
2B  FuroGeneratorTrap.esp
2C  RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
2D  LoversAphrodisia.esp
2E  LoversAphrodisiaHUD.esp
2F  LoversFSE.esp
30  LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
31  LoversHooker.esp  [Version 2.2]
32  LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
33  LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
34  LoversRaperS.esp
35  Lovers with PK.esp  [Version 90]
36  LoversBitch.esp
37  Lovers with PK Extender.esp  [Version 2.4.3]
**  LoversCreature_SexualOrgans_Dogs.esp
**  LoversCreature_SexualOrgans.esp
38  LoversAdultYield.esp
39  LoversCalm.esp
3A  LoversMagic.esp
3B  SetBody.esp
3C  SupremeMagicka.esp  [Version 0.90b]
3D  SM_ShiveringIsles.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_DLCSpellTome.esp  [Version 0.90]
3E  SM_EnchantStaff.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_Scrolls.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_SigilStone.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  Specialanims.esp
3F  zzEstrus.esp
40  DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
**  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++  x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
41  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
42  x117race.esp
++  x117Race ENG Race.esp
43  Lop-ears Elf.esp
44  Neo_Ahrum_race.esp
45  Synx.esp
46  Toaster Says Share Faction Recruitment.esp
++  TentaclePlant.esp
47  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
48  LoversMB2.esp
49  Lovers3dorgasmMB2.esp
4A  LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
4B  Lovers3dorgasm.esp
4C  LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
4D  xeoice.esp
4E  Alternate Start.esp
4F  xeoex.esp
50  ShowHideAmulet.esp
51  69 wearable cawk.esp
52  Apachii_Wigs_MaleFemale.esp

xeoex.esp is "The L World" version.

OBSE plugins ( these are the .dlls in my OBSE plugins folder)

Elys_USV.dll

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy_HUD.dll

obse_jail_fix.dll

OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll

sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.dll

vipckx_plugin_collection.dll

weOCPS.dll

Using the latest OBSE, OBMM, and wrye bash. All DLCs.

Why are these below your bashed patch?

4D xeoice.esp

4E Alternate Start.esp

51 69 wearable cawk.esp

52 Apachii_Wigs_MaleFemale.esp

Move these up above your bashed patch and rebuild it (make sure you disable all lovers esp\esm files except the sexual organs ones before rebuilding your bashed patch).

ShowHideAmulet.esp <----this is not even needed. You can turn this on via wrye in your bashed patch tweaks.

Then try starting a new game and see if it crashes. Also try going to the spot of the crash as soon as possible to see if you can determine if the crash is an NPC (coming out of their shop) or an object in the market.

If none of the above helps you then try disabling the monster girl esp files and start a new game to see if you still crash.

let me guess. you crashed in market district first enterance from prison? it happens when you tried to keep on going to walking the market district from Mystic Emporium to Feedbag. also crash may occur in area mate? if so what I did just simple actually. i did delete some esm and esps that I rarely play. If this is diffrent with your case. please just ignore this post :D

All right, so I changed the load order and re-built the bashed patch as per your instructions. I then went to the Market District and immidietly walked around the whole thing. This time instead of leaving and coming back, I planted myself smack in the middle, set the timescale to 1000, and swung my camera back and forth while frequently checking the time.

I did this a couple times, and the crash happened at different times. Since you mentioned it might be caused by a certain npc entering the cell or being there when I enter, I started disabling .esps that deal with npcs.

xeoex.esp - once I disabled this, I was able to stand there for several days straight without a crash.

So apparently this changes one of the npcs in the imperial city in a way that causes the crash. But what can you do to an npc to make it cause a crash? I know The L World has a lot of races that need to be installed, would a missing race cause an npc that uses that race to cause CTD? I was pretty sure to install all the required races ( one thing that mystified me was that while xeoex's page lists all the races as a requirement, they aren't actually masters of the file ).

I guess I'll double check the requirements for The L World and make sure I have them all installed.

EDIT- Just checked The L World and it says I don't need any of the esps or esms for the races just meshes and textures... so a missing race should only create an !-box right? Going to try removing all the unrequired esps/esms as well.

ANOTHER RELATED QUESTION - xeoex requires MBP, so I'm wondering if I have that installed correctly.

I used: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3812

L World gives this one as a requirement: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37368

The one that L World lists is included in the first one, right?

Sorry, I don't have a clue on the L world stuff.

As to why it is crashing, while a missing mesh would produce a yellow diamond, a missing texture generally causes a CTD. To figure it out further disable the L world plugin and start a new game. If you don't crash then it is safe to assume you have a missing texture from one of the L world mods.

A missing race would also result in a CTD.

All right. The xeoex.esp is actually The L World' date=' it replaces the xeoex.esp from the XEO5 mod.

I'll re-install all the meshes and textures from all the requirements and see if anything changes. Didn't know the thing about missing textures causing crashes, just thought it led to purple people :o

[/quote']

Sometimes, yes. Other times CTD! I learned that the hard way while making mods. I forgot to include a couple little textures and BOOM, the freaking armor kept crashing for folks.....:P

All right, I tried that too. That didn't work either :)

BUT, here's what I did... first I went to the TES wiki to get a list of NPCs who are in the imperial city, then I went into the xeoex.esp with TES4Edit and started deleting those npcs from that .esp in alphabetical order. I got lucky I guess because I only had to delete about 15 of them before I had removed the offenders. Mind you, I still don't know exactly which one(s) it is, but I know they're among those ones that I deleted.

So basically I'll have to deal with having some male characters in my oblivion... ( L World is a mod that makes all characters female).

The thing I'm worried about though is, what if there are still NPCs in the xeoex.esp that are going to cause crashes... wondering if I can tell in TES5Edit what's wrong with the npcs in question... then again, still have to figure out exactly which ones they are >_<

The best thing to do (albeit the longest\hardest) is to find exactly which NPC(s) were causing the crash and then determine why (was it due to a missing mesh\race\texture\animation\other). Then you can use that to troubleshoot the rest of the plugin to find other cases and head off the problem if\before it strikes again.

No small task unfortunately.....:(

@_@ too much work...

I think I'll just leave those npcs deleted... I went through to the other towns and set the timescale really high and waited around for a few days in each town and got no crashes...

So I'm just going to assume I got lucky and it's only a small number of npcs, or maybe just one, in the imperial city that is affected.

If it turns out to not be true... I'll just rage quit and use the normal xeo plugin and just kill any male characters I come across u_u

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!! XD

Sorry... had a crazy moment.

I fixed the problem... but the way that it ended up being fixed was just.... just too weird.

I posted on the nexus forums about this issue, and the author of the DMRA clothing/armor replacer complete mod happened to respond.... they happened to mention that I should replace my DMRA clothing/armor replacer stuff with their new version, because it had improvements and what not; they didn't actually present this as a possible fix.

Well... that fixed it. I'm guessing it included a female version for some sort of unique armor... like, some male character has unique armor without a female version, L World turns that npc female, game has no reference for their armor, boom.

I swear... resolving technical issues for computers in general can be weird.... but the weirdest things by far always happen with bethesda games o_O

Archived