Bodyslide UNP v0.4 (30 sliders)

ok, that is a big difference.

"turn off that rubbish ",

any ideal what setting in max is causing that?

mabye coping weightpainting from one body to body another,

or loading the mesh with a different skeleton

and would it have been better if it was exported from max as a obj in

the first place and not a nif ?

so universal bodyslide mod that could make all the bodies like cbbe' date='unp, adec and what else is there isnt possible? im just wondering im quite happy with the ones done already.[/quote']

Nope, each body mesh is different, except when they are the same (like CBBE variants).

Bodyslide works by adding indexed lists of numbers to other indexed lists of numbers.

ok' date=' that is a big difference.

"turn off that rubbish ", any idea what setting in max is causing that?[/quote']

No, I have never used Max. But Dragonfly managed to fix the issue, though I can't remember how. I sort of cleared my PM box of all related messages once it had been fixed. Oops. :blush:

mabye coping weightpainting from one body to body another' date=' or loading the mesh with a different skeleton

and would it have been better if it was exported from max as a obj in

the first place and not a nif ?

[/quote']

Obviously the nif is needed. And weight-copying won't help, because the weighting, or rather the scale of the armature, is the bug I'm not sure how to fix.

Let's say the shape (vertex data) is scaled to 90% of original. But in-game the mesh appears to have the correct scale. This suggests that the weighting, or the bone positions, somehow compensates.

Opening up the two nifs in Nifscope, you can see the difference in the bones Translation and Rotation values. Although first you need to apply a [0 2.5443 -3.2879] offset to the Translation of Scene Root. Then compare the bone positions.

Immersive Armors has a patch that converts the armors to regular UNP. A slider set for those would be... amazing, infact I'd say it would revolutionise Skyrim.

hell, im going to be bold and probably abit bossy but I think you should convert the Vanilla/Dawnguard outfits first then do the Immersive Armors then do other ones.

Hopefully I dont sound like an ass saying this but I think it would benefit the community more having those two full sets at our fingertips, with the vanilla ones making the world more realistic and the Immersive ones making the world more immersive.

This would also increase your fanbase by a large percentage.

Also, If I were you I wouldn't worry about UNPB yet, get all your UNP conversions done first. :)

Wow, and I just read what I said, lol, I think my bossy boots has come out of his shell... ah well... dont hate me.. :P

ok' date=' that is a big difference.

"turn off that rubbish ", any idea what setting in max is causing that?[/quote']

No, I have never used Max. But Dragonfly managed to fix the issue, though I can't remember how. I sort of cleared my PM box of all related messages once it had been fixed. Oops. :blush:

If someone knows what to do in 3ds max, I would appreciate the answer :) Thanks!

Immersive Armors has a patch that converts the armors to regular UNP. A slider set for those would be... amazing' date=' infact I'd say it would revolutionise Skyrim.

hell, im going to be bold and probably abit bossy but I think you should convert the Vanilla/Dawnguard outfits first then do the Immersive Armors then do other ones.[/quote']

Right away, boss. They will all be ready by tomorrow. :)

Nah, but I will start porting Exeter's pack soon enough. Permissions seem generous enough to only request that credits are given. How long it will take mostly depends on the amount of Nitrishapes, and if bodies are default UNP, custom, or worse (custom cut).

A few things that could help a bit:

1) compare Exeter's meshes with Skinny version ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21776 ), and note down which are compatible (vertex count and distribution)

2) check for possible clipping (boots seem to have problems)

3) are there any bugged meshes?

4) be a Nifscope / Bodyslide_tools wizard and prepare all the shapes for me :)

If someone knows what to do in 3ds max' date=' I would appreciate the answer :) Thanks![/quote']

It sounds like my meshes need some work but I'm not sure where to begin. I've tried to base everything off Dimon's original meshes but something seems to have one wrong. I am using 3Ds Max

Dragonfly has been PM'd about the issue, let's wait and see if he has some guidance to share...

I greatly appreciate the help. I have noticed seam problems and other odd issues with most of the meshes I've worked with. It's frustrating the hell out of me. I'm very new to all this stuff.

Possibly I shouldn't recommend Blender and its oldschool interface to a beginner, but then again, why not... at least it won't break your meshes by default. The import/export procedure is incomprehensible at first, but once you have imported/exported a hundred meshes it becomes second nature. :)

Haha. I've yet to figure out how to actually edit a mesh in blender. Mind you, I haven't spent much time trying to figure it out.

I can handle the old school interface. I grew up using DOS and Win3.1.. I'm going to forget about 3DS Max for the time being and learn blender. The last time I tried blender I was completely new to this and had no idea what I was doing. After using 3DS Max and nifskope a bunch I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

I can handle the old school interface. I grew up using DOS and Win3.1.. I'm going to forget about 3DS Max for the time being and learn blender. The last time I tried blender I was completely new to this and had no idea what I was doing. After using 3DS Max and nifskope a bunch I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

If exporting lots of meshes, I can recommend using Caliente's Nifcleaner in addition to Nifscope, can save a few seconds or some hairs from getting pulled. As for weight-painting, I have nothing to share. Would like to get started with that myself, and make some TBBP undies.

Edit: Mini non-vanilla update. Mostly bugfixes, and some new undies. Sorry, been too busy with CB++ to start porting UNP armors.

If exporting lots of meshes' date=' I can recommend using Caliente's Nifcleaner in addition to Nifscope, can save a few seconds or some hairs from getting pulled. As for weight-painting, I have nothing to share. Would like to get started with that myself, and make some TBBP undies.

Edit: Mini non-vanilla update. Mostly bugfixes, and some new undies. Sorry, been too busy with CB++ to start porting UNP armors.

[/quote']

Greatly appreciate what you are doing for CB++ and now UNP. But since the CB++ files are so far ahead of UNP files. Can't you take a break from CB++ and get UNP a little more caught up? Just a thought.

Greatly appreciate what you are doing for CB++ and now UNP. But since the CB++ files are so far ahead of UNP files. Can't you take a break from CB++ and get UNP a little more caught up? Just a thought.

My thought too. Unfortunately CB++ requires too much attention. I would really need a maintainer + co-developer to manage the support and fix some of the bugs I typically introduce with every update, like the last one. Maybe after next update, this time it will be stable, surely... :-/

Edit: Actually, I has some time to port a first batch of Exeter armors. Will release in a little while... then CB++ seems to require some attention again. Modders work is never done.

Edit: And first pack of vanilla outfits is up. 15 of the most easily ported armors from Exeter's pack.

woohoo, Vanillas. :D

hurray for mid-late game armors too, downloading now, you just made my day bunny. In the next set could you port Studded Armor though? I'm guessing its one of the harder armors to do since it still has clipping issues on CB++ but it would be awesome to have Studded in because its Low-tier light.

In the next set could you port Studded Armor though?

Hmm' date=' hide armor or leather armor? Hide armors will have to wait for next update.

For now, enjoy 15 more Exeter armors. Merry Christmas. :angel:

[/quote']

If your a women i'd kiss you, if your a man i'd go gay for you.

You are my favourite person right now. :D

Reckon you'll beable to do Dawnguard armors in the new year?

I just love the fact stuffed has done late game armors. thats what really has won me over

yo stuffed, im not sure what your working on at the moment but if possible could you release town and noble clothes? would be sweet as if you could lol.

and now im siding with the stormcloaks.. poor ladys in the imperial army dont have the support for their bodys yet haha, must be why the majority of em are men.

Oh, im not 100% sure but I "think" there maybe clipping around bum bums when all the butt sliders are on max with the theives guild armors, I will test to make sure.

edit: not just theives guild but afew light armors like stormcloaks have minor clipping when running, not game breaking or anything but just a heads up, this is with all the butt ones maxed and thighs at about 60%

edit: awesome, nearly a full vanilla replacer, stuffed, you have to do immersive armors.. you have to... for me.. lol

eDIT: still have some clipping issues around the backside but nothin major. studded armor though has a nipple issue, here is a screenshot of what I mean, please see attached.

I dont know if its a clipping or if its my texture.

post-83716-13597882234655_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

eDIT: still have some clipping issues around the backside but nothin major. studded armor though has a nipple issue' date=' here is a screenshot of what I mean, please see attached.I dont know if its a clipping or if its my texture.[/quote']

Clipping. Seems I forgot to make a body zap for the hide armors.

But that's just one type of clipping. The other type which I can't really avoid right now, is clipping cause by outfit sliders not growing enough to cover all skin. Outfits are mapped to the closest body vertices, following them in a pretty linear fashion. Sometimes it works well, but not always. It's really not enough to approximate fine-grained curves with coarse straight edges, and the conversion function does not compensate as the curves grow bigger.

When the clothes are done, I'll see about the Immersive ports. Then CB++ probably needs some caretaking.

eDIT: still have some clipping issues around the backside but nothin major. studded armor though has a nipple issue' date=' here is a screenshot of what I mean, please see attached.I dont know if its a clipping or if its my texture.[/quote']

Clipping. Seems I forgot to make a body zap for the hide armors.

But that's just one type of clipping. The other type which I can't really avoid right now, is clipping cause by outfit sliders not growing enough to cover all skin. Outfits are mapped to the closest body vertices, following them in a pretty linear fashion. Sometimes it works well, but not always. It's really not enough to approximate fine-grained curves with coarse straight edges, and the conversion function does not compensate as the curves grow bigger.

When the clothes are done, I'll see about the Immersive ports. Then CB++ probably needs some caretaking.

:huh: all went way over my head :P but I'm glad you know how to fix it and that you're considering immersive armors :D but probably would be better to do immersives once all vanillas and dawnguards is done because I'm thinking doing immersives would be pretty complicated especially with armors like Warchiefs.

I been "discreetly" directing people to this download too, UNP bodyslide needs more attention.