How do I install a second copy of Oblivion?

In my time I tried too and abandonned... What I do is I simply backup my data folder. Oblivion is not picky, you can add several mods then decide to delete your entire data and replace it with the BU. It'll work.

Another thing to ease your pain: do not install mods that have hundreds of files and subdirectory, BSA them using OBMM it's very easy to do and make it simple to delete them; preventing rogue files to pollute your Data and create unnoticed conflicts.

You'll have a better chance to receive an answer if you move this post to Oblivion thread instead of CLS by the way.

Sorry not to be more useful than that. Good luck!

Cheers.

Thanks. I'm currently taking a break from Oblivion because I screwed up my last game (reloading saves without exiting the game... over time it ruins the saves), so I can just move everything I don't want to use to a backup folder, then install CLS and play that. I really wanted to make a backup copy, though, for testing purposes (this and other things). I'll ask around and see what I can do.

I use MoM,I have 4 copies,so far everything works fine.

@Perfectioncat, I solved the issue with Wrye bash and OBMM.I installed them before I started making copies,and ev ery time i change master copy,I open OBMM/Wrye from MoM panel.If someone wants this,he must know 100% where to drop new mods.I make sure I use easy names for my copies,like Test,OOO,Nehrim etc.

Archived