Mod Compression

Greetings all

I've been scoping the internet for some help regarding this topic and found nothing of any use.

I've got a little bit of a problem that I'm hoping you guys might be able to help. The title pretty much says it all.

Currently I've got quite a fairly big mod (171mb HellgateOblivion) that I'd like to compress as far as possible to as small as possible. The best I could get at, is about 74mb, anyone know of really good compression ratios that might help. Windows based 32-bit

I've used 7zip for this and can't get any better than this.:-/

Regards

What Siouliusn said' date=' 7zip has the best compression out there, not much more can be done, I'm afraid. BTW, how is that Hellgate;Oblivion, I was a charter member of Hellgate:London, really miss that game.

[/quote']

Well I've finally completed the mod (to some degree) added the shop, I also quite miss the game, was pretty damn neat though. ^^

Dunno if you saw the thread "New mods" where I actually posted the original screenies of HellgateOblivion mod.

Well seeing as that is the best compression I can do, I'll see at uploading it soon to Loverslab for you guys. :)

True, I doubt that it would be better in any way. Though I did help the guys out in the beginning with a few models for that hellgate Revival.

Anyhow, alright I got the pack down to 59.2mb, with no change in quality what so ever, worked a bit on the screenies and that is by far the best I can get it at, so hopefully my internet connection won't fail me when I upload it.

Thanks for all the help guys.

You could use the codec option in 7zip and set yourself up to use LZMA2 you can see as much as 40% more compression over LZMA. There is some tinkering you need to do to get it to work, but just look over on sourceforge. You'll also need to do it by CLI I don't think they have it set up for a UI yet.

Archived