Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

Am likeing this mod' date=' but let me ask. Any plains of making them there own race, like what Dawnguard did for the Vampire lord? as well as adding a skill tree and stuff?

[/quote']

Your asking for a race within a race, and when I first started, it was what I had wanted. HOWEVR, this is a HECK of a lot harder then you would imagine, and while I am still always working on things, and won't tell you it WON'T happen, it's VERY hard to do and will most likely be a long time before it happens.

On that note, I'm off to bed.

I understand, but i do hope it works on day, and thanks for the quick reply

Yeah' date=' I found that you could just equip 'devilish form' as an armour from console. Though while that works, if I equip the armour piece by piece it self-destructs since the mesh of the race doesn't have a tail bone.

[/quote']

Well one yes you NEED a skeleton that has a tail bone or the game WILL ctd. The celestial race comes with a modded version of xp32's skele just for them in the BSA.

And you don't do it that way. Once you have a compatible skeleton for whatever race it is your using, open your console and type

help "celestial devil knight" OR help "celestial angel knight"

find the SPELL listing for either one and then type

player.addspell xxxxxxxx where X is the number code for the spell.

And Voila! Your non - celestial race now has all the powers and abilities of a celestial. If you add say just devil form, when you transform you will get the 4 unique powers, and when using the power to change back, will have devil knight AND angel knight. It's how I wrote the script for the changes.

I will add this to the main post for anyone interested, but I do have plans to release a standalone transformations without the celestial race that can be gained in game via a quest instead of console commands.

*EDIT* IMPORTANT! Do NOT attempt to use the Angel Knight Wing power without MY custom XP32 skeleton. I have added a node in that skeleton specific to the animation of those wings. I actually have no idea what will happen if you do use it on a race using any other skeleton but my celestial race one, but I suspect it will cause a CTD!

Almost done with V3 update for tomorrow. It will change the spells equipped by the forms when using the Knight Weaponry power. Here is the spells and the effects :

Angel Knight Heal: "Instantly Heal <50> points of health and then recover 20 points of Health every second for 10 seconds." This spell gives restoration skill gains and benefits from the Respite perk in Restoration.

Devil Knight Flame Cloak: "For 10 seconds, enemies in melee range take <20> points fire damage a second. For 5 seconds, you are healed for 20 health and 10 stamina a second." This spell will give Destruction Skill gains as long as you damage an enemy with it. The health and stamina recovery is not effected by Restoration ( so they will always stay the same base amounts ) and will not give Restoration increases.

The numbers in <> are effected by their relevant in game perks.

Tell me what you guys think. This update should be released sometime tomorrow.

Would it be easy enough to hack-job tails onto other meshes? Tried literally copying the entire tail bone branch and pasting it onto another mesh' date=' but clearly life is not so simple.

[img']http://i.imgur.com/jYhvA.jpg[/img]

Do you mean for skeletons or for just straight adding the tail to a new piece of armor? Regardless, neither is easy and your just better off using a skeleton with tail. If your race / custom skeletons / what have you came with a skeletonbeast_female.nif, simple rename it skeleton_female and replace your skeleton_female in the location of the race your using and you should be good to go. That's a lot easier.

Also, if you mean add the tail to a new piece of armor, you would STILL need a compatible skeleton, or it still won't work.

Hey everyone, wanted to let you all know while I had planned for a new release today with the new spells, and they are done, I'm well more then halfway done with adding in 2 new spells as well, maintainable and toggle light sources, kinda like candlelight but with a new look to match the two forms. I also tweaked the wings somewhat and want to start working on form specific mount powers, so no matter what a release will not be out until sometime tomorrow.

Hey everyone!

Wanted to drop in and let you all know that the next update WILL be out tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure this will be the last update to have form specific powers! The mounts are finished, and the Angel Knight shield power is done. All I have to do tomorrow is make the Devil Knight Shield and make sure all my file structures are correct, package and upload! I know I said the update would be today, but I figured 2 days for 4 new spells, 2 new summons, and a bunch of armor tweaks ( angel knight form got some additions in looks! ) was better then 1 day for 2 new spells. I PROMISE the update will be tomorrow so stay tuned.

I seem to get Ctds upon start up when the race mod is installed

i tried deactivating all others esps but that dosent help

Do you have Dawnguard installed? I'm going to see if I can clear the dependency on that sometime in the future but for now you must have dawnguard AND RaceCompatibility.ESM must be checked in your load order.

If both of those are true and your STILL crashing, I'm not sure. No one else has complained of CTD's and I've checked the mod on my 3 home PC's before each release.

Sometime within the next 6 - 8 hours I hope to have Version3 released so you can try downloading that and see if it fixes your problem but without more to go on I wouldn't even know where to start helping you.

Also, the RaceCompatibility.ESM must be the Dawnguard one, otherwise you would probably CTD.

Do you have Dawnguard installed? I'm going to see if I can clear the dependency on that sometime in the future but for now you must have dawnguard AND RaceCompatibility.ESM must be checked in your load order.

If both of those are true and your STILL crashing' date=' I'm not sure. No one else has complained of CTD's and I've checked the mod on my 3 home PC's before each release.

Sometime within the next 6 - 8 hours I hope to have Version3 released so you can try downloading that and see if it fixes your problem but without more to go on I wouldn't even know where to start helping you.

Also, the RaceCompatibility.ESM must be the Dawnguard one, otherwise you would probably CTD.

[/quote']

Oh thanks for clearing that up i didn't see dawnguard being mentioned in the mod description.I Guess it was the wall of text, thanks anyway.

If both of those are true and your STILL crashing' date=' I'm not sure. No one else has complained of CTD's and I've checked the mod on my 3 home PC's before each release.

[/quote']

Oh thanks for clearing that up i didn't see dawnguard being mentioned in the mod description.I Guess it was the wall of text, thanks anyway.

After I release V3 update today I will package an optional file for download that will remove the dawnguard requirement. See I need to have two versions, I can't JUST have one that doesn't require dawnguard as that would break dawnguard celestial vampires. It all has to do with RaceCompatibility.esm

Hi' date=' I ran into a little problem. The angel wings let you walk on water which is like godly amazing, but now I can't go underwater after removing it. I tried disabling and deleting the mod too. Any ideas how to solve this?

[/quote']

Well since the ability is an enchantment, and not a spell, it should never apply unless your wearing the item. I would ask if you disenchanted it and put it on something else, but I set the wings and other items to be disallow for disenchant. I looked it up and it seems someone else experienced this problem from the vampire lord form, without mods, so I don't think its my mod persay, it's a Skyrim bug :(

The best I could think to tell you is try loading a save you had BEFORE the glitch. The glitch again isn't really my mods fault, but a skyrim issue that sometimes happens when enchanted items effects are not removed from the player even after removing the item. I'm sorry you got hit with this bug :(

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* Just had a thought. If you have no previous saves and don't want to start over, you could try opening the console and typing tcl every time you want to go under water. It is not an ideal fix but it will allow yo to go underwater again I think. When you are done under ater just console tcl again.

Oh thanks for the answer. Been busy lately so I wasn't really on. Glad to know there is a temporary fix, but yeah I just decided to start over. Awesome freaking armor btw!

Oh thanks for clearing that up i didn't see dawnguard being mentioned in the mod description.I Guess it was the wall of text' date=' thanks anyway.

[/quote']

I just released V3 and you will be happy to know I have also released a patch that should fix up your problem. Sadly you downloaded V2 just before I was done with these, but if you like download new version 3 and THEN install the patch and the mod should work for you. Please let me know if it doesn't. You can find both links at the top of the main post.

Loving this mod!

I'm crashing whenever I transform into the devil knight though. As soon as the armour goes on I CTD.

Angel works perfectly though!

Are you Race Celestial? If not and your trying to use the Devil Knight Form ( transformation ) you either need a compatible skeleton or you WILL CTD. To test this, save your game, then open the console and type

player.setrace CelestialRace

Now use the Devil Knight Form power. If you still crash let me know.

That was the problem! Works perfectly now' date=' thank you :)

[/quote']

Great! Glad we worked this out. In my next release Im removing some parts ( like tail and claws in Devil Knight ) from Auto Form, and what will happen is they will go into inventory instead. No armor, no ability to enchant, etc, and when you change back they will vanish from your inventory. However you will still be able to put them on if you like. I figure this way People can decide on what they would or would not want to wear OTHER then the base 8 pieces needed for the form.

And on that note, and what I dropped by to say, was last night I felt I had payed to much attention to Angel Knight looks and not enough to Devil Knight..... SOOOO, next release will have Devil Knight looking a bit different! All the same armor is there, but I've added a lot of new touches like addition pieces, alphas AND some glow maps! I'm thinking she is looking cool. I will have a pic or two later to show some progress so stay tuned!

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't get the chance to show some pics of the changes to Devil I was talking about yesterday, but I'm here today!

Shot 1 in the dark to show some of the changes to Devil

devilchanges1.png

Shot 2 with new Devil Wings

devilchanges2.png

Shot 3 New Devil Form Scythe

devilchanges3.png

Shot 4 Changes to Devil Form Bow

devilchanges4.png

And here is a Quick shot of Angel to show a Variation of the Skirt AND a Wig to use in Form

angelchanges.png

The Devil Form changes as well as Form wigs ( hairs I think match the sets you can use without having to change your current hair / color ), as well as some Form equipment being Inventory Cosmetic rather then Auto Equip on Form Change are all part of the next update so stay tuned.

P.S I also started work on a variation of Devil Form looks for Vampire Lord Transformation. :)

Wow that looks awesome' date=' makes the wings look really defined

were you thinking of having the devil chest armor glow as well?

[/quote']

I can do, and even did do that, for two of the pieces, but then removed it. If the entire set glows, then it kinda robs the experience of having parts glow. It ends up just looking like your a big ball of red :P The pieces that are glowing give off enough of a light to highlight the alphas I added to all the other parts, this way it's not overdone but still adds a nice effect to the entire thing.

Hey everyone!

Quick update, thought I would share the new eyes for the race in the next version. These eyes are stand alone and will not overwrite any other eye mods you have.

New Eyes for Celestials

eyes1jr.png

and yes I can change the color, but I had to find a balance for both Angel form and devil form.

I've dropped the armor and race files into their correct places and nothing in-game changes' date='console says there's nothing matching the reference 'Celestial'. i tried installing via nexus mod manager and the same deal,so i have but one thing to ask...

DAFUQ IS GOIN ON?!? o_o

[/quote']

Ok first step, open console and type player.setrace CelestialRace. Or use the racechangemenu and see if Celestial is listed as a race you can pick ( first one is easier ).

If that does not work, then you must NOT have it installed in the correct folders, or something else with load order perhaps? Do you have RaceCompatability installed as well? You need the one for whatever Skyrim your using, either Vanilla or Dawnguard. That MUST be checked in your load order, I keep mine toward the top. Have you made sure you checked Celestials.esp in Nexus mod manager? You said you also want to use the armor mod ( you don't need the race to use the Celestial Armors.esp, or vice versa. The armors for the Celestial Transformations come in the Celestials.BSA ). Did you check if it is working? Make sure Celestial Armors.esp is checked in nexus mod manager then open console and type Help Devilish and see if it returns and values ( or if you have Dragon Smithing Perk in game go to a forge and look under misc ).

Let me know if any of these work. If not, I have the feeling they may not have installed correctly.