Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

Hey everyone! Good news! I figured out what I was doing wrong with trying to make a compatibility patch. I now have a new patch up that should work for everyone, even if your NOT using CBBE bodies / textures. Note that the skin textures used for the 2 armor sets are ones that I picked, but if you don't like the tats or what have you I picked simply download any CBBE compatible skin and then drop them in either the angelic or devilish folders depending on what skin you want to replace for what armor located in data/textures/celestial armors/

Here is a link for the Compatibility Patch, I will also add it to the main post with an explination of what it is / what it does. Enjoy!

Wow these these armor sets are really awesome!

I love the little nifty things you've done, like unarmed damage on claws and the water-walking, adds to the immersion.

(and the angelic model having a more generous chest ^.^)

Just a few thoughts,

For me the devil armor navel piercing wasn't quite connected to the body, it hung out in the air about a cm (using compatibility patch).

you could possibly have the claws show up in 1st person by setting them to forearms, and making the gauntlets slot 33 only.

for the XP32 skelly, it would crash on equipping the tail unless I replaced his character asset female nif files with yours.

I'm guessing that's what you meant in your above comment?

re. the console thing you could use 'I' instead of 'l', but I doubt that code would remain uncracked for long XD

Wow these these armor sets are really awesome!

I love the little nifty things you've done' date=' like unarmed damage on claws and the water-walking, adds to the immersion.

(and the angelic model having a more generous chest ^.^)

Just a few thoughts,

For me the devil armor navel piercing wasn't quite connected to the body, it hung out in the air about a cm (using compatibility patch).

you could possibly have the claws show up in 1st person by setting them to forearms, and making the gauntlets slot 33 only.

for the XP32 skelly, it would crash on equipping the tail unless I replaced his character asset female nif files with yours.

I'm guessing that's what you meant in your above comment?

re. the console thing you could use 'I' instead of 'l', but I doubt that code would remain uncracked for long XD

[/quote']

For XP32's skele, if your using a custom race make sure its folder doesn't contain its own skeleton(s). If it does but is only skeleton_female, replace that one with XP32's, and then in character assestsfemale put the skeletonbeast_female and the skeleton_female.hkx. If your custom race is using both skeletons, then drop both of his skeletons in that folder and make sure his .hkx is in character assets female. If your not using a custom race OR your custom race is using default skeletons make sure you drop ALL THREE of XP32's files in character assets female. To put it another way, both skeleton_female AND skeletonbeast_female MUST have a tail for this to work. I'm not sure what is wrong because his skeletons work just fine for me after simply replacing the files. I know they work because after switching to them and running the game I noticed my 1 handed sword on my side rather then on my back ( as it is in the skeletons I provided in the download ). I then went into xp32's skeletons and changed it the way I wanted it, and it was reflected in game, so I really don't know what your issues might be in terms of bad skeletons.

Where the Tail came from...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25943

and unless you are using a beast race, you shouldn't need to mess with a beast race skeleton, even then... beast race skeletons already have tails.

Custom races that use their own skeleton will need to be patched.

Also you should only need .nif files.

bhk hkk hkx are behavior, and havoc stuff (afaik) you shouldn't need to touch them.

The bged portion of the tail nif tells skyrim where to get its behavior for the tail from. And it's copied over from a vanilla argonian tail. :P Mind you all that is moot if you're using the xp32 skel, I haven't looked at it yet.

Another fun note, nmm (for those that are using it) doesn't seem to like installing skeletons properly. I have always had to do it manually, IDK why.

Where the Tail came from...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25943

and unless you are using a beast race' date=' you shouldn't need to mess with a beast race skeleton, even then... beast race skeletons already have tails.

Custom races that use their own skeleton will need to be patched.

Also you should only need .nif files.

bhk hkk hkx are behavior, and havoc stuff (afaik) you shouldn't need to touch them.

The bged portion of the tail nif tells skyrim where to get its behavior for the tail from. And it's copied over from a vanilla argonian tail. :P Mind you all that is moot if you're using the xp32 skel, I haven't looked at it yet.

Another fun note, nmm (for those that are using it) doesn't seem to like installing skeletons properly. I have always had to do it manually, IDK why.

[/quote']

Ya I always install everything manually anyway. My skyrim folders are filled with a ton of GenericThingHere_0BAK, GenericThingHere_0BAK2 etc :P

On a side note and what I came to say, scripting is about all done and the armor design for the Angel Warrior ( this is what I settled on, Transform into Angel Warrior / Devil Warrior ) is finished. I will have a new treat for you sometime tonight in the form of a new video to show the Angel Warrior Transform. Almost done!

I'm just playing a standard imperial girl' date=' manually installed XP32

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/830509-xp32-maximum-skeleton/page__st__81

looks like no tail bone on standard,

replacing the skeleton_female.nif with a renamed beast version works however, so yay.

[/quote']

Did you mean the standard Skeleton_female that I myself included or the one in XP32's skeletons? If its MY fault then woops someone let me know and I will fix it right away...

The download I got with xp32's skeletons both the skeleton_female and the skeletonbeast_female are the exact same, if he has changed this in a newer update ( I got it like maybe 3 hours after his initial release ) then i had no clue and I'm sorry about giving bad advice. If it helps any the Celestial Race will use a modified version of XP32's skeletons and when I release it I will be packing it as a .BSA so no replacements will be needed. ( my custom skeleton will be needed in order to use the animated Angel Knight Wings, no other skeleton has the nodes I set to make it work, but I did it using XP32's base skeleton. Also put 1 handers back on the back instead of the side :P )

Hey guys! Managed to finish the video / conversion / upload of the new Angel Knight Form earlier then I thought. As promised here is the special treat! Remember to set the video player to 720HD for best playback!

[video=youtube]

This video has also been added to the main post in this thread.

Enjoy!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/830509-xp32-maximum-skeleton/page__st__81

replacing the skeleton_female.nif with a renamed beast version works however, so yay.

[/quote']

Did you mean the standard Skeleton_female that I myself included or the one in XP32's skeletons? If its MY fault then woops someone let me know and I will fix it right away...

The download I got with xp32's skeletons both the skeleton_female and the skeletonbeast_female are the exact same, if he has changed this in a newer update ( I got it like maybe 3 hours after his initial release ) then i had no clue and I'm sorry about giving bad advice. If it helps any the Celestial Race will use a modified version of XP32's skeletons and when I release it I will be packing it as a .BSA so no replacements will be needed. ( my custom skeleton will be needed in order to use the animated Angel Knight Wings, no other skeleton has the nodes I set to make it work, but I did it using XP32's base skeleton. Also put 1 handers back on the back instead of the side :P )

Oh sorry, I was referring to the latest version of XP32 version that's up, you skelly works fine.

Thanks for your help anyway =D

I look forward to your race mod, that transformation effect looks wicked ^.^

[/quote']

Oh sorry, I was referring to the latest version of XP32 version that's up, you skelly works fine.

Thanks for your help anyway =D

I look forward to your race mod, that transformation effect looks wicked ^.^

Ok I had no idea he had changed it since I downloaded it. No wonder people thought I was crazy lol. I should add a note to the main page but for anyone asking if XP32's skeleton is compatible, it would seem you need to rename his skeletonbeast_female to skeleton_female and then drop THAT in whatever folder your race uses for skeletons. You WILL crash without a proper skeleton with tail when trying to put the Devil tail on.

Sorry about that.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give a heads up that I have free time this week and today I made a LOT of headway toward the Celestial Race! As a matter of fact it is "almost" done except some fine tuning here and there I am doing to the scripts! I expect to be able to release a beta version of the Race with the transformations sometime tomorrow so stay tuned :)

Sup shaydow' date=' just letting you know it really worked this time for me. I'm enjoying the tats too :P. Looking forward for more progress on your mods.

[/quote']

Hi!

I'm glad it worked for you. It was thanks to you I knew something was wrong and had the resolve to fix it!

On a side note, I had planned on releasing the Race today, but :

1) Ran into some snags with the script and had to fix them

2) Forgot it was thanksgiving O_o

3) Decided to fix up and add some things that I was going to do in the next release ( yes the next release of a mod I have yet to release lol ). This includes fixes like making textures blend as best as possible with all the different bodies, adding a preset to character creation based on one of my own character designs, and stuff like a NEW Devil Knight Scythe with added effect ( not in my celestial armors mod ) being auto equiped and removed when changing form.

I can almost 99% guarantee that I will have the first beta release of my Celestial Race and Transformation powers released tomorrow! I actually think it is ready "NOW", but I'm going to use the rest of the day to play test it in a brand new game before I release it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well everyone the good news is I am "kinda" ready for a release right now. I have a packaged BSA and everything.

The bad news is I loaded the BSA on my wifes computer and it seems the custom head tints I made / am using won't reflect in the BSA I made to other users. What this means is your head and your body WHEN IN ANGEL KNIGHT FORM won't match 100%. They match about 95% - 98% depending on skin tone chosen. I have no idea what is causing this. The default Celestial race skin and the Devil Knight skin match up just fine with the head. It is not REALLY noticeable but I thought I would stop by and tell you all I had planned on releasing my first beta version of the mod TONIGHT but got side tracked trying to fix this problem. If anything I will release the mod tomorrow, as it really isn't that bad ( my wife says it is not that bad, but it IS noticeable if you look ) but know I have been trying to figure out why CK will not link to my custom tints. If you have ANY knowledge of this pleas either post here or swing by my nexus/skyrim mod troubleshooting thread and let me know how I can fix it.

Hi' date=' I ran into a little problem. The angel wings let you walk on water which is like godly amazing, but now I can't go underwater after removing it. I tried disabling and deleting the mod too. Any ideas how to solve this?

[/quote']

Well since the ability is an enchantment, and not a spell, it should never apply unless your wearing the item. I would ask if you disenchanted it and put it on something else, but I set the wings and other items to be disallow for disenchant. I looked it up and it seems someone else experienced this problem from the vampire lord form, without mods, so I don't think its my mod persay, it's a Skyrim bug :(

The best I could think to tell you is try loading a save you had BEFORE the glitch. The glitch again isn't really my mods fault, but a skyrim issue that sometimes happens when enchanted items effects are not removed from the player even after removing the item. I'm sorry you got hit with this bug :(

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* Just had a thought. If you have no previous saves and don't want to start over, you could try opening the console and typing tcl every time you want to go under water. It is not an ideal fix but it will allow yo to go underwater again I think. When you are done under ater just console tcl again.

Getting ready for a release guys but after play testing I've run into a slight snag most other custom races seem to run into. When doing Dawnguard and becomming a vampire lord, reverting back to normal makes everyone not recognize the player as a vampire. A simple fix so far is just opening console and typing player.setrace CelestialRaceVampire until I can figure out a permanent fix.

I still have some debugging to do, but my kids are gone for the weekend to Nana's, and I had promised a release today. Give me a few more hours and I SHOULD have a beta 1 release of Celestial Race up and ready to be downloaded!

Hey all just a heads up I just uploaded BetaV1 of Celestial Race! Check the first post in the thread for download link and information. Let me know of any bugs you find! ( hopefully not many! )

*Quick Edit *

Ok lol I just noticed my own bug derp. I just fixed it and it only requires a replacement .esp , but I will leave the download up for the time being then release a small patch in the morning and change the upload ( Since I just updated the thread with the download link I don't want to take down the upload and replace it so soon after posting it. Hence BetaV1 I guess heh ).

Hey everyone!

I spent some time today scripting a new Heal for the Angel Knight instead of Basic Healing spell for Angel Knight Weaponry. The new heal is a Heal Over Time effect that is fire and forget instead having to hold the casting button down. I think instead of flames the Devil Knight will get some sort of AoE flame attack. I will begin work on that one probably some time tomorrow and when it is finished will release the next version.

Any chance of making the transformation non-race specific?

They "kinda" already are' date=' though I have no standalone ( so you still need the whole race mod installed and activated ) and you need to use the console. I have been thinking of making a smaller standalone without race and adding in a simple quest / found book to teach you the transformations, but stay tuned, that's not high on the list atm.

Am likeing this mod, but let me ask. Any plains of making them there own race, like what Dawnguard did for the Vampire lord? as well as adding a skill tree and stuff?

Your asking for a race within a race, and when I first started, it was what I had wanted. HOWEVR, this is a HECK of a lot harder then you would imagine, and while I am still always working on things, and won't tell you it WON'T happen, it's VERY hard to do and will most likely be a long time before it happens.

On that note, I'm off to bed.