Tes4Edit question.

Thorham

Hi,

I've made a mod based on ColourWheel's Sexy Oblivion Overhaul, but I don't need ColourWheel's mod. Basically I've only changed all the clothing and armor in this mod, and I could've done this from scratch.

Is it safe to use Tes4Edit to remove all of ColourWheel's stuff and leave only the changes I've made, or will this break things (such as script references)? Basically I want to strip the mod to leave only the standard clothing and armor (with the changes I've made).

Hi' date='

I've made a mod based on ColourWheel's Sexy Oblivion Overhaul, but I don't need ColourWheel's mod. Basically I've only changed all the clothing and armor in this mod, and I could've done this from scratch.

Is it safe to use Tes4Edit to remove all of ColourWheel's stuff and leave only the changes I've made, or will this break things (such as script references)? Basically I want to strip the mod to leave only the standard clothing and armor (with the changes I've made).

[/quote']

It is hard to say for sure without seeing what you have done. My advice is to make a backup of the plugin you have altered and put it in a safe place and then strip everything away that you don't want and see if it works. If it doesn't work then you still have your backup version you can restore.

It is hard to say for sure without seeing what you have done.

All I've done is replace the clothing and armor mesh references, and most of those clothes and armors are the standard Oblivion ones. What I want to know is, if I strip everything except the standard clothes and armors from Colourwheel's mod, will any scripts and enchantments on those clothes and armors still work? Or is it better to just make a new mod from scratch? Perhaps starting over isn't a bad idea, because being stuck with someone else mod while you don't need it for your own sucks.

It would help if you define 'strip everything'. Scripts that you have stripped won't run of course (and will produce minor errors if references to them still exist). Scripts referenced to Oblivion.esm still should work.

As Greg says, you need to be more detailed about what you've done. I edit plugins with Tes4Edit all the time. Perfectly safe if you know what you are deleting/changing and why.

It would help if you define 'strip everything'.

With everything' date=' I mean everything that's not a standard Oblivion (with the expansion) armor or piece of clothing.

Scripts referenced to Oblivion.esm still should work.

Great, that's exactly what I wanted to know :) Does this apply to everything that refers to Oblivion.esm?

Archived