[SOLVED] Edited version of TSH?

Does anyone know of a edited version of the TSH ground floor or can take a request?

I'm using ICHotelGroundFloor01. I have changed the color scheme completely but I have an issue. I want to make the sides of the stairs a separate color to the roof but can't.

Some idiot in Beth thought it would be a good idea to have them using the same texture. Does anyone know a way of separating the two?

It's the only thing stopping me from releasing my mod update :-/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I mean this bit.

I can't seem to change it without changing the ceiling as well. The steps are fine I just can't seem to change the side by itself.

You'll probably need to pop it open in Blender, select the stairs, go into tab mode, select a vertex on each stairs, hit to select all vertices linked to those vertices, then hit

and select "separate selected"

That will separate those meshes so that when you re-export you can just assign any texture that you want.

Here's what I mean. It's just a quick and dirty mesh split, and I haven't tested it, so I promise nothing, but hopefully it will do what you're looking for.

Didn't do it. :(

What are you trying to do exactly?

Because as far as I can tell, the stairs are now a separate mesh from the ceiling and can now be assigned a new texture without affecting the ceiling, if that's what you wanted to do.

Because as far as I can tell' date=' the stairs are now a separate mesh from the ceiling and can now be assigned a new texture without affecting the ceiling, if that's what you wanted to do.

[/quote']

If you angle your camera so your inside the building and looking up at the ceiling. Whenever you change the texture on the side of the stairs (where the arrow was pointing to, not the stars and steps as a whole) it also changes the texture on the ceiling.

Like this.

Because as far as I can tell' date=' the stairs are now a separate mesh from the ceiling and can now be assigned a new texture without affecting the ceiling, if that's what you wanted to do.

[/quote']

If you angle your camera so your inside the building and looking up at the ceiling. Whenever you change the texture on the side of the stairs (where the arrow was pointing to, not the stars and steps as a whole) it also changes the texture on the ceiling.

Like this.

Did you change the texture name, or just swap out the texture?

[/quote']

Like this.

Grr...it looks like the materials were re-merged during the export process. I forgot to uncheck the merge materials button.

In any event, now that the meshes have been separated, you can perform some NifSkope wizardry to give the meshes separate materials.

I don't remember how, exactly...I'm more of a Blender modder/scripter than Nifskope guru but I think Symon's advice sounds about right.

Anyways, I'm about an hour from releasing the next (very major) upgrade to the transformation lattice generator, and I don't have a very many brain cells to spare at the moment.

If this thing is still a problem then, I'll take another look.

But I really need to get this next release out.

Ok, here is what I did. Open two instances of the same file with nifskope. Then do the following:

1. Now in the 1st file (let's call it the master file) delete the item you want to change (sounds strange I know but hear me out) - use the remove branch command.

2. Now from the secondary file click on the arrow to expand the item you wish to change and select the NiMaterialProperty and change the name (in this case it was Material #312121225) to something unique (my name was over the top.....:) ) then click on the NiTriShape and use the copy branch command.

3. Now paste using the paste branch on the root of the master file.

4. Now change the texture path to whatever you want.

The problem is that the nif was set up with multiple items using the same texture and they all are tied together using that same material name. If you try to change it in one instance of nifskope I have never gotten it to work. This is the only way I could figure out how to do it.

If there is an easier way to do this I would love to hear it but this way does work.

That will do the job nicely and that's what the spells I recommended be used make easier for you.

They split all the combined properties so you can make changes to an individual NiTrishape or Strip.

Then when you are done you can re-combine them to make the mesh more efficient.

That will do the job nicely and that's what the spells I recommended be used make easier for you.

They split all the combined properties so you can make changes to an individual NiTrishape or Strip.

Then when you are done you can re-combine them to make the mesh more efficient.

Damn, I just knew there had to be a simple way to do things! I have never bothered to mess around with the spells much. I guess I better check them out...:P

This will save me a F'ton of time when I make my new BU armor pack! I was getting sick and freaking tired of having to cut\paste just to change a texture path! :@

Thanks for the tip! :D

Sounds like the collision got mislaid.

More NifSkope work. You might want to start from scratch and use the spells to separate the properties.

Well this is what I see when I compare them.

Vanilla on the left, Greg on the right.

I'm no expert but isn't the collision on the wrong place?

Ok, I got in a hurry on the initial deal and I pasted the item on the scene root (which normally is what you should do - but in this case was wrong).

It needed to be pasted on the Second NiNode: ICHotelGroundFloor01

This version should work properly with collision data intact.

Sorry.