Large hoop earrings

• 6 months later...

hi there. I'm using your hoop earrings as a tutorial file to teach myself how to make craftable items.

But I'm lost, not sure if you might be willing to share some knowledge? I'm looking at both nif files in nifscope.

It seems that somehow if you have blender or max you can just export this stuff with a mouse click, but there seems to be something about where in the space you're supposed to position them?

nif is a weird format, reminds me of xml a bit. I dont understand it :(

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

They were fitted to the vanilla human head nif... i think.  :blink: 

Well if you want them to fit your elf better you will need to edit there position.

If you only need to move it up/down (Z axis) or forward/backward (Y axis) you should be able to do this in nifskope.

But if you need to move them left/right (X axis) you will have to do that in max/blender.

My elf uses the vanilla ear mesh, the earings need to move on the X axis towards the sides of the lower jaw on either side, and down on the Z axis slightly. I see you made a version that can be modified on the X axis in NifSkope, how would I go about doing that? My knowledge is limited as far as 3D editing.

EDIT: Another thought would be to position them about a third of the way up the ear from the ear lobe.

i68vbbbbbb537ax7g.jpg

Where should i place them?

*edit*

szdiuc08wuefs9i7g.jpg

?

*edit2*

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qcruiccfqsmr7iw/Hoop_Earrings_V2.7z

Added Khajiit version, i also split them up so you can edit the x axis in nifskope.

Not tested.

Perfect! You are a godsend. That's just the right position for the ear bells I use. Thank you for being super awesome! Do you mind if I retex them to silver?

I tried adjusting ALL the meshes (just to be sure) in NifSkope as suggested but nothing changed in game, the earrings remained in the same place after every adjustment, so either I'm adjusting the wrong thing or skipping a step to finalize the adjustments (a likely possibility since I don't really know what I'm doing), or the earings just can't be adjusted in NifSkope.

I tried adjusting ALL the meshes (just to be sure) in NifSkope as suggested but nothing changed in game, the earrings remained in the same place after every adjustment, so either I'm adjusting the wrong thing or skipping a step to finalize the adjustments (a likely possibility since I don't really know what I'm doing), or the earings just can't be adjusted in NifSkope.

You may have to right click on the nitrishape, then select transform>Apply, then choose the "try anyway" button in order to register your changes.

Also, some adjustments may have no effects at all in game. What works for sure, is to go to NiTriShape>NiSkinInstance>NiSkinData, then on Block details open Bone List, then open Bone List again, then open Skin Transform, then play with X, Y and Z translations.

You may have to right click on the nitrishape, then select transform>Apply, then choose the "try anyway" button in order to register your changes.

Also, some adjustments may have no effects at all in game. What works for sure, is to go to NiTriShape>NiSkinInstance>NiSkinData, then on Block details open Bone List, then open Bone List again, then open Skin Transform, then play with X, Y and Z translations.

Thank you good sir, your instructions worked! :lol:

Sharing my edits below for anyone else out there who may be interested.

post-145287-0-15591900-1396849745_thumb.jpg

post-145287-0-18634900-1396849770_thumb.jpg

Large Hoop Earrings - Vanilla Elf Ear.rar

Too bad there is so few things for khajiit. I guess the other races just need more shinies to compete with our awesome.