Tips for troubleshooting problems.

I originally posted this over in General Discussion. I thought it might be easier to find and more useful here, since the questions that prompted me to write it are usually here..

I've been seeing lots of requests for help lately that are obscenely simple to fix, so I thought I'd share something every mod user should know.

Step One: Get FOMM, NMM, Wrye Flash, ModFusion, or any other mod manager program you prefer. They seriously simplify the installation process. As long as the mod archive is structured properly, its a simple "click to install" process that gets everything where it needs to be. Check the documentation for your prefered manager to see what that file structure is.

Step Two: Get LOOT. It sorts mods into their proper order, and as described on the LOOT website, "While sorting, LOOT checks for load order errors (such as incompatibilities and missing requirements) and notifies you of any issues that it detects. It also provides thousands of plugin-specific messages, such as usage notes and bug warnings, to help keep your game healthy."

Step Three: Get FNVEdit and its Training Manual. This program will check your load order to make sure things are where you need them to be for the game to run right, and tell you what is missing/in the wrong place to make it easy to fix. It will also make merged patches for conflicting mods to make sure that if you have multiple mods changing the same thing, the one you want is the one you see in-game.

Step Four: Read. READ. READ!!! Download pages contain loads of info about the mod, as do documents enclosed with the download. Installation instructions, troubleshooting tips beyond the steps above, known bugs, and a veritable treasure trove of other information that will save you (and the mod author) many headaches. They didn't type all that crap for shits n' giggles.

If you follow these four (relatively) simple steps, it will answer a majority of your questions unasked.

For those who prefer a visual aid to heavy reading, Gopher from Nexus has created a Mod Clinc series on youtube. There are walkthroughs there for most of the programs I linked to above.

With the exception of FOMM, everything here is compatible with most modable Bethesda games. Yes, even FNVEdit. The entire Edit series is the exact same program renamed for the game it is being used with (i.e. FO3Edit, TES5Edit, etc.).

Credits

BruceWayne for providing links to the Gopher videos

RitualClarity for suggesting I replace BOSS with LOOT, as BOSS is no longer supported.

The authors/creators of all software linked to here. I created none of this stuff, I just use it and recommend it to others.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually you have not told me anything, you deleted my last post and said it does not belong here, so I'm sorry I'm not 100 percent perfect at this kind of stuff, but if you would have just gave me a simple answer I would not have gone through all this trouble to post it twice, I do not know how to work this and I'm just asking for help.

Actually you have not told me anything, you deleted my last post and said it does not belong here, so I'm sorry I'm not 100 percent perfect at this kind of stuff, but if you would have just gave me a simple answer I would not have gone through all this trouble to post it twice, I do not know how to work this and I'm just asking for help.

We didn't delete anything, I moved your query to the technical support area where it belongs. See the PM.

The simpler answer is: READ the threads of the plugin(s) you're trying to use. 

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm quite new there and I hope this post is at his right place.

Anyway I'm a great fan of FNV and I decided to add real sex (for scientific purpose only)

So I did what I did what I fought was right that is to say read the FAQ first and then follow those two links to install sexout

(http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16277-sexoutng-framework-installation-guide-for-beginners/ and http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/414-tutorial-scr-resources-folder-creation/)

It was a great disappointment when I stumbled upon this problem

I have checked the OP from all my mods for load order, requirements, troubleshooting but nothing.

I know it is said that I must use FOMM but it can't be just that ?

Plez Halp !

If this is a legal Steam FNV game it should work..

Most likely the NX version or the NVSE version is wrong. The scripts are not firing correctly..

Post load order, Mod manager used. and versions of Sexout, NX Extender, NVSE, SCR (if installed) SExout Pregnancy (again if installed).

I've been seeing this problem reported a lot lately, and have been experiencing it myself. I have yet to find a solution, and with my limited gaming time lately I've just given up on having sexual content in my game rather than fight with troubleshooting.

All of my content is up-to-date bleeding edge as of yesterday.

Might be a mod is making a call for an animation that isn't part of the random thingy that Sexout usees. Without an animation the toons just stand there. Only other thing I can think of for someone that is at "Bleeding edge".. IN that case it should be random as most of the animations should still work.

Now this is only based on my memory and I can be completely wrong on this.. Anyone with "Bleeding Edge" mods installed along with confirming NX and NVSE is also "bleeding edge" should report these body in body experiences in the Sexout Beta thread. Might actually be a problem. Worst case a mod isn't working with the new Beta, best case you get a fix..

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey so after installing any sexout NG it makes my game buffer before entering places fast traveling or waiting 

say if u were to wait an hour it would buffer for about 20's after hitting wait and then wait like normal 

any help would be great

Never heard of that happening, double check your installation of Sexout following the tutorials which I have in my sig. Hopefully someone can give better assistance.

• 4 years later...

HI THERE IM NEW TO MODDING GAME [JUST BLIND MY 1# PC ] AND IM TRYING TO GET MY CHARACTER MODEL TO STOP SHOWING UP AS A FLOWING HEAD AND HANDS, AND CAN'T GET NPC FEMALES FULLY NUDE. I TRYED MOVING THE FILES AROUND AND UPLOADED OTHER MODS WITH NUDE BODIES IN BUT NOME ARE WORKING, SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING MODDING